Profile for Patents Pending > Reviews

Content by Patents Pending

Patents Pending (Stevington, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Green Blade BB-RG106 Non-Slip Gloves - Green
Green Blade BB-RG106 Non-Slip Gloves - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 15 Sept. 2016
Good value for money. Grip well and breathable on the back of hand.
Note: For those looking for waterproof gloves you need to look elsewhere.

eBoot 10 Pack Aluminum Alloy Tent Pegs Stakes for Camping, Beach, Outdoor and Sand, 7 inch (Golden)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 15 Sept. 2016
Lightweight, strong and remained in the ground in harsh conditions.

Still need a few steel pegs as it was difficult to make use of these on smaller loops on ground sheet fixing and inner tent.

Would recommend.

Oneplus 3 Case - HOTCOOL [Anti Scratch & Shock] Ultra Thin Transparent TPU Silicone Gel Protective Cover Case For Oneplus 3 Smartphone, Crystal-Clear
Offered by HOTCOOL EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compromise - look vs. protection, 15 Sept. 2016
Good compromise in terms of keeping the look and feel of the OP3 while protecting the phone and adding some grip to the back when holding.

Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Water Resistant Collapsible Lantern - Extremely Durable, Suitable for All Outdoor Activities - Camping, Emergency Lighting, Fishing, Hiking, Outages, Light Weight, Color Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty average, 15 Sept. 2016
Purchased as an Amazon Addon so price was relatively low.
I wasnt expecting too much considering the price point.

On the whole the lantern is OK.
A few niggles.
The light although seemingly very bright does not disperse well. I used for camping and it was a bit dissapointing.
The metal carrying clips can come off a bit too easily.
On closing the light there is no locking point so movement can cause the lantern to turn on as the lid lifts a little. Similarly we had the lantern hanging from a loop in the tent. If you pushed the base up to turn the lantern off it would drop down and turn on again.

I couldnt really assess the battery use as I often found the lantern had turned on at some point.

In summary its OK but dont expect much.

NETGEAR R8500-100UKS Nighthawk X8 AC5300 (1000 + 2166 + 2166 Mbps) Tri-Band Quad-Stream Wi-Fi (MU-MIMO Wi-Fi) Gaming Router (Amazon Echo Enabled)
Offered by Scan Computers Intl Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars We are customers not Beta testers, 26 Aug. 2016
Positives:
For those who are familiar with the Netgear interface this is easy to setup.
Functionality available is good relative to other models within its class
When the router works it works very well.
I found the 5Ghz wireless range in particular much better than my previous Netgear

Negatives
Price point for this router is too high
The footprint is very large for a router with the port LED's on the top rather than on the front of the unit with the other buttons. This may disadvantage those who have their router on a high shelf for example.
The biggest issue is that the router randomly locks out all ports (wireless & wired). Rebooting the router restores operation.
There are a number of reports on the community forums going back some months on this and others that reboot continually. The suggestions point to firmware updates and performing a hard reset following a firmware update. There are those that have found that even this did not help and have returned their router. As this is Aug 2016 at the time of writing and the problem still persists from release I have elected to return my router. I do not have the time and energy anymore to go through the "try this and try that" then get back in touch, supply logs, snapshots etc..

There are many that are very frustrated with Netgear over this model with some suggesting this was released too early due to competitor product releases. I have owned a number of Netgear routers and like many others this will be my last. I appreciate this problem is not confined to Netgear alone. This technology is an incremental development rather than some new revolutionary technology where I could perhaps expect some teething problems. Manufacturers need to divert their resources from the cost of failure ie. complaint management, processing returns, PR exercises on social media etc.. to engineering quality into the design, putting out a product that they can rightfully be proud of and that as customers we are happy to right glowing reviews for. Finally, abandon the race to the bottom from a support perspective and recognise that we are customers NOT beta testers.

The service provided by Amazon by contrast has been exceptional along with the opportunity to supply reviews and manage out poor quality products.

SteelSeries Apex M500, Gaming Keyboard, Mechanical, Cherry MX Red, Blue Backlit, (PC / Mac) - UK Layout

1.0 out of 5 stars If the Apex is the highest point then this does not bode well for SteelSeries, 20 Aug. 2016
Positives:
Keyboard has a reasonable build quality for the price.
UK layout was as expected. Feet on base to raise the keyboard.
Minor Points:
Illumination was very bright indeed albeit inconsistent for keys with dual function; bright at top of key and dim at bottom.
Negatives:
Having connected the keyboard, I then downloaded and installed the utility software (109MB!) from the website. The software immediately prompted me to apply a "critical firmware update". On pressing the start button the backlit display shutdown and the keyboard stopped working. I was left with three LED's on the upper right hand side flashing.

I removed the USB connection and re-inserted and the keyboard started working again. I repeated the process several times with the same outcome. I checked online and noticed others had experienced the same issue. I also noted that this problem was a known issue and was supposed to have been fixed in April.

I contact SteelSeries via Webchat. I explained the issue. The support agent was unaware of the problem. He subsequently supplied an alternate url with a download link. This however just diverted me back to the main page. He then confirmed he had tried the link from his end and that I was right. Yep it didnt work. At this point he could offer no more assistance other than for ME to go and raise this via their General Questions section on the website.
I had setup an account and was logged in so attempted to raise a ticket as suggested. At this point I was then asked to log in once more. Each time I logged in it reported a failed login. This is in spite of being logged in already. There appears to be a site integration issue with the Zendesk related url for raising tickets.

I explained this via webchat and that the "out of box" experience had been very poor. The agent said he would copy the chat log and having given my email address they would escalate and get back to me. I explained that if I did not hear anything by midday the following day that I would return the keyboard via Amazon and write this review. I heard nothing.

I would therefore recommend that anyone looking for a good quality and "supported" keyboard should look elsewhere as this is NOT what is reasonable to expect at this price point.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2016 3:15 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, 7 Aug. 2016
Perfect fit to replace old failed cartridge on hot side. Replaced pair. Just hope these last more than a few years.

Pepe Jeans Men's Tourist Slip On Mix Espadrilles brown Size: 8
Pepe Jeans Men's Tourist Slip On Mix Espadrilles brown Size: 8

3.0 out of 5 stars Good although a touch pricey, 7 Aug. 2016
Bit pricey but very comfortable indeed. Insole and suede outer are great and rubber sole help with wear and tear. They do stretch a little with use but not too much. Been wearing almost daily for past few months in and out doors.

Carte Noire Roast and Ground Coffee 250 g
Carte Noire Roast and Ground Coffee 250 g
Offered by E.U. Xtores

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Quality vs. Price, 7 Aug. 2016
The quality of the product does not warrant the price. I really like this coffee and often purchase it elsewhere where I note that it is less than half the price which equates to a much better match in terms of product quality to price point.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2016 10:33 AM BST

Keeping The Peace
Keeping The Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars AB are one to watch!, 29 May 2016
This review is from: Keeping The Peace (MP3 Download)
For those that purchased the first album you should not be dissapointed. Keeping the peace represents an evolution for the band. The use of an orchestra represents a welcome addition and is used in a manner that complements rather than dominates the songs. Lead singer, Ella dominates this album, her vocal ability eclipsing many of her contemporaries.

There appears to be more experiementation on this album. The first album seemed to be in pursuit of technical perfection while this album is perhaps more a sign of things to come with more experimentation and a band finding its own feet as a unit. Standout tracks are very difficult and vary for me depending on mood.

"Real Life" is certainly what would be considered the more commerical tracks as is "Every Cell".
"Who returned" is a real grower with a great build up.
"Worry" is a slow and moving track which for me is a real stand-out track on the album.
"Brother" is a great club track although I think the vocal in the first half needs to be remixed.

Finally if you havent seen them live then try and get along. The band and Ella's vocals are remarkable live. I went to see them at the ICA and Scala gigs which included an orchestra and they were great. Big shout to Ella's mum who was stood next to me at Scala and was quite rightly very proud of the bands achievements.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12