Profile for Fi P > Reviews

Content by Fi P

Fi P (Chicago, Il)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Fire Steel Flint & Striker SAS Survival Tool Kit - Outdoor Camping Living Survival Tool
Offered by guangdayiyg

4.0 out of 5 stars read the instructions, 30 Nov. 2013
We thought this didn't work at first - then read the instructions on how to actually use it and it is great. I will be ensuring we have this, cotton wool and a tin of vaseline to get a fire started in case of bad snow on the motorways and being stranded. Can't believe I just wrote that but 3 friends got stuck for 14 hours last year - I don't fancy that so will be making sure I have a fire starting kit alongside the spade and blankets!

KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Fish Bone Remover Tweezers, 12 cm (4.5")
KitchenCraft Stainless Steel Fish Bone Remover Tweezers, 12 cm (4.5")

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't work for me, 30 Nov. 2013
Arrived after an awful long time and unfortunately I just don't find it good enough or fine enough to remove the small bones. The fish monger in Morrisons told me to buy regular tweezers - should have listened to him!

AERO CHAMBER PLUS
AERO CHAMBER PLUS
Offered by Aidability

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for young children, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: AERO CHAMBER PLUS (Personal Care)
I didn't know this existed until the 3rd GP offered one. Before that we were given the face ones which aren't really suitable for the brown inhalers. I bought this one for a spare. Subsequently the Asthma nurse was horrified that I had gone to the expense to purchase one and gave me a script for another. However I am happy to pay to get the spare with Amazon's excellent shipping for peace of mind

TEENS HIGHBACK - AQUA BLUE Gaming Bean Bag Indoor / Outdoor Beanbag
TEENS HIGHBACK - AQUA BLUE Gaming Bean Bag Indoor / Outdoor Beanbag
Offered by Gilda Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 10 Nov. 2013
I have now bought 5 Gilda beanbags.
They are great beanbags for my 5 and 7 year olds.
They are good value, easy to clean and a good size.
The colours are vibrant which suits the family room decor.
They can be used outside although I haven't done so as yet.
Quick delivery
By happy

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3505/01 with Sunrise Simulation - 2 Natural Sounds and Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too bright and awful radio signal, 22 Oct. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't get the radio to tune to any decent channels for some reason so I use the bird song as an alarm. The first time I used this clock the light was far too bright so am having to tweak it. Not sure whether it works or not to wake me up gently as the light is super bright when I look at it which I find too bright and annoys me.
Instructions a bit basic
I have now had this clock for 3 weeks and its driven me mad. I just can't get to grips with it at all so it's now unplugged.

Remington B95T53 Keratin Therapy Round Hairbrush
Remington B95T53 Keratin Therapy Round Hairbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 21 Oct. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This brush is light and easy to use but I didn't find it provide any more shine or volume than one I bought 5 + years ago. I actually prefer my brushed to feel a little more solid and therefore will choose my old one over this. For people with very long hair Which takes a long time to dry, I could see the attraction of a lighter brush. I have shoulder length and it only takes a maximum of 20 mins

W is for Wasted (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet series)
W is for Wasted (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet series)
by Sue Grafton

3.0 out of 5 stars I used to love this series in my 30's...., 21 Oct. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I snapped at the chance to get this book. I used to love Sue Grafton's alphabet series when in my 20's and 30's commuting to London, they were a great easy read. Kinsey Milhone is brought to life as a P.I who whilst surly with a hint of OCD is likeable too and the reader roots for her on every page to get the bad guys.
I'm now 41 and a stay at home Mum. This book is long. Really long. I'm not sure that it is because there are a lot of pages or because I'm not ripping through it as I used to do. I think the latter. The story feels more drawn out than usual. Or maybe my patience has waned.
Am I disappointed? A little yes.

London Red Post Box Money Box Made of Die Cast Metal
London Red Post Box Money Box Made of Die Cast Metal
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars once i realised it actually opened i was happy, 29 Sept. 2013
My son chose this for a present and i was really happy with it however when i looked closely i couldn't work out how to get the money out once in. Thank goodness for Amazon reviewers - i used a small screwdriver along the bottom ridge and yes go thte rubber seal to come off! It is such a tight fit I thought it was a pretend one!
Very happy now!

Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Black
Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars great but the screen is fiddly to use, 29 Sept. 2013
I bought this for my husband who opened the package with glee. He has been using a Nike + for years and finally succumbed to Garmin.
I waited with anticipation for him to come back from his first run telling me how wonderful it was but no - genuine disappointment. He found the touch screen very fiddly to use and unresponsive.
The screen protectors arrived the next day which we hoped may improve the functionality. It has to a small degree but I think overall my husband could now take it or leave the watch as he finds it annoying! The tracking is however excellent and as a stat man he dies like to look over his runs after he has run them so that is why it gets 4 stars and not 3.
He has seen the golf one which he says looks awesome - i just wonder if it will suffer from the same issue or whether it wont matter as much for a walk with clubs?

Wonder
Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended to me and so glad that I read it, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Wonder (Kindle Edition)
This may well have been written for teenagers to highlight acceptance in society however as a 41 year old adult I loved it! I loved how the book followed the story of different characters who are all explaining their relationship with Auggie - a boy who was born with a face devoid of some features.
It was always going to be a tear jerker and I cried buckets at the end as did my friend who I recommended the book too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17