Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
3AM
3AM

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other reviews suggest, 9 May 2015
This review is from: 3AM (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as other reviews suggest. It started out really good, but got worse instead of better. It was sort of ghosts, but was more about the serial killer who lived there (Michael), and who wanted a dead serial killer to come through from the other side to teach him. Not what I was expecting, and the ending was rubbish. In fact not everything was explained very well, and I must admit I skipped over the last 10% of the book just to get rid of it.

Night Chill
Night Chill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ending too, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Night Chill (Kindle Edition)
A fabulous read, with real edge of the seat stuff right the way through! It was my first book by Jeff Gunhus, and certainly won't be the last. The fact that he was only trying to rescue his daughter against insurmountable odds, made you really care for the character. The opening chapter took my breath away! Fabulous book, gripping storyline and very believable (and mostly evil!) characters. Brilliant ending too! Bring on the next!

Deadfall
Deadfall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous books by Mr Jeffrey., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Deadfall (Kindle Edition)
Not bad, although not as good as previous books I've read by Shaun Jeffrey. Yes it had real potential, but the alternate ending was totally uncalled for, and was quite literally a repeat of the final few chapters! I found myself just skipping until the very very end, and even then I was disappointed. Shame, as I quite enjoyed it up until then (apart from killing the dog of course) with the whole new take on the zombie stories, but to finish a book at 80-odd per cent instead of the 100 per cent a normal book is - due to the alternate ending - really put me off. Sorry Shaun, I hope you do better next time.

The Edge Brush No 5 Flat Nylon UV Gel Brush - 2012505
The Edge Brush No 5 Flat Nylon UV Gel Brush - 2012505
Offered by C & D Hair & Beauty Products Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking brush, 2 Mar. 2015
Good looking brush, but no mention of the fact that it would takes well over 2 weeks to arrive when I ordered it, or I wouldn't have bothered. Far cheaper ones out there that do the job just as well - and quicker delivery too!

Gildan 18400FL Heavy Blend Womens Open Hem Sweatpants Jogging Pants Navy XL
Gildan 18400FL Heavy Blend Womens Open Hem Sweatpants Jogging Pants Navy XL
Offered by NGWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit But Too Long!, 28 Jan. 2015
Really fabulous fit on the body, but why do manufacturers assume we're all the same height? Miles too long for my 5ft 2ins legs!!!! Bought an XL which is a perfect size if you're a 16-18.

The Burial Ground: Teddi McCoy Thriller
The Burial Ground: Teddi McCoy Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 16 Jan. 2015
Absolutely brilliant - in every way. You may think monsters are a bit naff, but the writing and whole story line makes them seem quite normal somehow in this novel. I loved every page and have read every one of David's books - and I'm sad to have finished it! Can't wait for the next Teddi McCoy story! Bring it on - and quickly please! As long as the gang are in it too of course! Fabulous read.

Catch Your Death
Catch Your Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Catch Your Death (Kindle Edition)
Fabulous read! Although it's been on my Kindle for over a year, I only recently got round to reading it, as I have so many on there! I loved it so much, I've immediately ordered 3 more by the same authors! What a stunning book this was - very well written, and edge of the seat storyline. I loved the way that at least three separate elements all came together in the end, and were closely woven and yet separate and integral to the story - brilliant! Kate was the heroine, but certainly no shrinking violet and the stunning ending left a tiny question mark over it! I normally read another novel by a different author after finishing a book, but not this time! I couldn't wait to start All Fall Down by the same authors, as it follows on nicely from Catch Your Death, and so far is has the same exciting writing style which I so enjoyed. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!

Evilution
Evilution

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Awesome Book!, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Evilution (Kindle Edition)
Superb! Just finished yet another awesome read by Shaun Jeffrey! Every one of his books is different - unlike some who rely on the same character over and over again in their novels, Shaun manages to create stunning novel after stunning novel - all totally different from the last. This (as usual) kept me glued from the first page, and the ending - yet again - was totally unpredictable! I was rooting for the heroine, but be warned - not all of his novels have happy endings! Some do and some don't, so I won't spoil it by revealing which one this had! I can't believe he's only written 5 - and I've read 3 already! Please let's have some more soon, Shaun, as you've spoiled me for all other writers at the moment! Great story, great characters, and very mysterious indeed! Read this, and then read his other novels - you won't be disappointed!

The Kult (A Prosper Snow novel, Book 1)
The Kult (A Prosper Snow novel, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!, 12 Jun. 2014
Well, where do I start? I was already a fan of Shaun Jeffrey, after reading my first novel by him - Fangtooth, but this far outdid Fangtooth by a mile! I thought at first it was going to be another serial killer book, which was fine as I love his style of writing, but how wrong was I? It was fast paced, excellently written and had so many twists and turns, I had no clue as to what would happen next! I know a lot of novels keep the reader guessing right to the end, but I can honestly say I've never read anything quite as exciting as this - and I've read hundreds, believe me! Prosper Snow was the detective in charge of a particularly nasty serial killer case (very gory at times, so be warned!) which in itself had you wondering who the killer was. Then the writer threw a spanner in the works, by getting Prosper's friend to ask him to help do the unthinkable, along with the rest of his childhood gang of friends. That's when it started to get REALLY unputdownable!! Every chapter ended on yet another twist in the tale, until I found I couldn't wait to see what happened next! And just when you thought you had it sussed - another twist came! The ending left me quite breathless - stunning book! I can highly recommend this novel - and the writer - to all fans of slightly different stories, but very very exciting ones! Keep 'em coming Mr Jeffrey, as I for one will read everything you produce!!!!!

Fangtooth
Fangtooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Fangtooth (Kindle Edition)
This was my first book by Shaun Jeffrey, and it was with a little bit of trepidation that I bought it, as it sounded a little silly - even though I'm a massive fan of monster books! Well, how extremely pleasantly surprised I was! Yes there were the monsters, but the book was mainly about the lead characters and how moving to a sleepy seaside village brought out the worst in some of the locals. Very exciting and unputdownable! The story lead nicely up to the climactic finish, and although it didn't explain how the monsters got there, that can be forgiven as the writing was first class! Bruce and Jack were fantastic characters, with all the ups and downs a single parent has with trying to bring up a sullen teenage boy all by himself, after his wife died. The baddies were really bad, and the goodies were exceptional. I've already downloaded another four of Shaun's books, and can't wait to read the next! Keep 'em coming Shaun, as you're a very talented writer!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7