Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ghost Ahead
Ghost Ahead

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 26 May 2016
This review is from: Ghost Ahead (Kindle Edition)
Well, I can honestly say that I've never been drawn into a story as much as this page turner! Everything else just faded into the background, as I was so enthralled with Garth's quest, after his accident. From page one, until the very very unexpected ending, it rattled along at breakneck speed, and I was totally hooked. Yes there were gory bits, but that only made what Garth had to do even more compelling. Well done Spike - this was a triumph! Keep them coming please, as I'm now such a fan!

Leave This Place
Leave This Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & Scary!, 19 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Leave This Place (Kindle Edition)
This really was just up my street! A compelling ghost story, set in a deserted cottage on the misty moors - what more could you want? It started off slowly, and gradually built to a great ending, although that left me wanting more! Quite a short-ish novel, but didn't beat around the bush too much by padding it out (which I don't like), and like a lot of novels I've read. The two main characters were great, and it was so atmospheric. I can't wait to read more of Spike Black's books, as it was so scary and believable. More please!

All Hallow's Dead
All Hallow's Dead

1.0 out of 5 stars Sick!, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: All Hallow's Dead (Kindle Edition)
This is just sick! As I started to read it, I thought - hmm, this is quite good. Young kid picked on by a gang of thugs, then gets his revenge as he got older, and I was really quite enjoying it. If you don't like really sick and disgusting novels, then please don't read it, as this quite good start lulled me into a false sense of security, as the more I read, the more I hated it. In the end I gave up after just over 65% of it, as I couldn't stomach any more depravity. The writer focused far too much on the disgusting killings, and not enough on a proper story. There's no way this killer could have got away with the amount of things he did, without being caught (or at least being seen by SOMEBODY!), so it didn't even ring true in the end. I won't be reading any more of this writer's work, if this is anything to go by.

Refuge
Refuge

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, 15 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Refuge (Kindle Edition)
O.M.G!!! I can honestly say I've never read anything like this book - and I absolutely loved it! Each time Refuge 'shifted' to another place, it was like reading a new novel all over again, as the dangers were so diverse and scary! The characters were great, the unlikely hero was great, and each of the survivors had a roll to fill. The writing was excellent, and at times really edge of the seat stuff. I do hope there's going to be a sequel to the book - PLEASE Jeremy, don't let it end like this!!! What a brilliant film this would make. I'm not going to go into detail about the story - just read it for yourself and see if you get as hooked on it as I've been. I'm really sad that I've finished it, which just goes to show what a great book it is.Fans of action, adventure, sci-fi, horror, will love it, as it has something for everyone. Marvellous read.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too much of a history lesson!, 28 July 2015
I absolutely love all Dan Brown's books and this was no exception. The storyline was gripping from the start, and the only reason I gave four stars instead of five, was because of the very detailed and (to me anyway) boring history lessons concerning Italian art! The book would have been considerably shorter without pages and pages of information that would be very interesting to an art lover, but not me I'm afraid. I found myself skipping over those pages, as they bore no relevance to the story at all. The ending wasn't as good as I'd hoped either, but when Dan stuck to the actual story, it was very exciting. The races across the cities, and the chases, where you didn't know who were the bad guys until near the end, were really edge of the seat stuff. I'll definitely read anything else Mr Brown writes, but please can we have less of a history lesson next time? A little bit of history is fine, but not pages and pages of the stuff!!

3AM
3AM

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other reviews suggest, 9 May 2015
This review is from: 3AM (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as other reviews suggest. It started out really good, but got worse instead of better. It was sort of ghosts, but was more about the serial killer who lived there (Michael), and who wanted a dead serial killer to come through from the other side to teach him. Not what I was expecting, and the ending was rubbish. In fact not everything was explained very well, and I must admit I skipped over the last 10% of the book just to get rid of it.

Night Chill
Night Chill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ending too, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Night Chill (Kindle Edition)
A fabulous read, with real edge of the seat stuff right the way through! It was my first book by Jeff Gunhus, and certainly won't be the last. The fact that he was only trying to rescue his daughter against insurmountable odds, made you really care for the character. The opening chapter took my breath away! Fabulous book, gripping storyline and very believable (and mostly evil!) characters. Brilliant ending too! Bring on the next!

Deadfall
Deadfall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous books by Mr Jeffrey., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Deadfall (Kindle Edition)
Not bad, although not as good as previous books I've read by Shaun Jeffrey. Yes it had real potential, but the alternate ending was totally uncalled for, and was quite literally a repeat of the final few chapters! I found myself just skipping until the very very end, and even then I was disappointed. Shame, as I quite enjoyed it up until then (apart from killing the dog of course) with the whole new take on the zombie stories, but to finish a book at 80-odd per cent instead of the 100 per cent a normal book is - due to the alternate ending - really put me off. Sorry Shaun, I hope you do better next time.

The Edge Brush No 5 Flat Nylon UV Gel Brush - 2012505
The Edge Brush No 5 Flat Nylon UV Gel Brush - 2012505
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking brush, 2 Mar. 2015
Good looking brush, but no mention of the fact that it would takes well over 2 weeks to arrive when I ordered it, or I wouldn't have bothered. Far cheaper ones out there that do the job just as well - and quicker delivery too!

Gildan 18400FL Heavy Blend Womens Open Hem Sweatpants Jogging Pants Navy XL
Gildan 18400FL Heavy Blend Womens Open Hem Sweatpants Jogging Pants Navy XL
Offered by 247Clix UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit But Too Long!, 28 Jan. 2015
Really fabulous fit on the body, but why do manufacturers assume we're all the same height? Miles too long for my 5ft 2ins legs!!!! Bought an XL which is a perfect size if you're a 16-18.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7