Profile for K. E. Cook > Reviews

Content by K. E. Cook

K. E. Cook (Malbernat, Frayssinet le Gelat, 46250 France)

Page: 1 | 2
VonShef Premium Halogen Oven Cooker with Heat Resistant Basket 12 litre Capacity in Black Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a microwave., 28 April 2015
As a vegetarian single mother, who tends to cook for one this is a great way to save money. I was going to buy a microwave, but then decided this was a more flexible machine. I can grill and bake as well as heat up frozen food, and my son, who loves bacon, can eat his food grilled with much less fat, and mess.

Victorian Honeymoons: Journeys to the Conjugal (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful exploration of Victorian culture, 5 Dec. 2014
This is a wonderful exploration of Victorian culture. Anyone who has wondered about what did happen between Ruskin and Effie Gray, or Dorothea and Casaubon can find some interesting information here. Well written and very informative, this is an excellent book.

Pure Evoke Flow Portable DAB / FM / Internet Radio
Pure Evoke Flow Portable DAB / FM / Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars but I also enjoy various Podcasts, 17 July 2014
This radio has been my faithful companion for several years. I live in France but am addicted to Radio 4 and 4 extra, but I also enjoy various Podcasts. It is my third internet radio, but far away the best in reliability and sound quality.

Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook - Rev: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, fro
by Beth Hensperger

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes that I have tried have been excellent, but it has been all the other information ..., 17 July 2014
If you have bought a rice cooker then this book is a must! The recipes that I have tried have been excellent, but it has been all the other information that has made this book so useful. I am sure that without it my rice cooker might have ended up in a cupboard only appearing on occasions when I needed bulk quantities of rice.

HALTI Headcollar Padded Black Size 3
HALTI Headcollar Padded Black Size 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solution for controlling dogs, 23 May 2014
This has been very useful for taking my dog to the vet. She can slip out of a normal collar and as she doesn't like having her eyes looked at this meant I could control her head, and also there was no risk of her snapping at the vet.

BeviQui Travel drinking bowl, Green
BeviQui Travel drinking bowl, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A great idea, 23 May 2014
I used this for my deerhound walking along the Stevenson Trail in France. Once she got the hang of drinking from it it was the easiest solution for carrying water with minimum waste and weight. It is fragile, and when I fumbled and dropped it the clear plastic bit shattered, however she was still able to drink from it, and having read previous reviews I had bought three at once, so had a spare.

Soane and Death
Soane and Death
by Giles Waterfield

4.0 out of 5 stars A207 people, this can help., 22 July 2013
This review is from: Soane and Death (Paperback)
I bought this while studying the OU course "From Enlightenment to Romanticism" to get a little more information about the character of Sir John Soane. This is a review of some of his work, and was written to accompany an exhibition. It contains some interesting essays which I found useful. I think it is worth buying, but not if the price is exorbitant!

Medipaq® Skirt Trouser Jeans Button WAIST EXTENDERS x3- Don't throw away those tight fitting clothes!
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy if your weight fluctuates, 22 July 2013
I bought these after my abdomen swelled a couple of inches with a new treatment. I knew I could lose those inches, but meantime I wanted to continue wearing my skirts...they work well.

Andrew James Professional 850W Whole Fruit Power Juicer, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Juice Jug And Cleaning Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 July 2013
This is my first juicer, and I think it is an excellent machine, although I am sure that there are better ones at a higher price. I wanted to try adding juices into my diet, but wasn't sure I would want to invest in a really expensive machine in case it was just a passing fad! This machine is exactly what I needed, it juices efficiently, doesn't make too painful a noise, takes apart easily, seems robust. I have been using it daily for three weeks, and have had no problems. I can recommend this juicer.

The Bath Tatting Book
The Bath Tatting Book

2.0 out of 5 stars Free tatting book, 17 Jan. 2013
This was a free download, and as such I am grateful, however without photos or diagrams it won't be one I use very often.

Page: 1 | 2