Profile for K. J. Kilburn > Reviews

Content by K. J. Kilburn

K. J. Kilburn (Derbyshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
From the Cradle by ERIC CLAPTON (1994-09-13)
From the Cradle by ERIC CLAPTON (1994-09-13)
Offered by GRAGO LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Jan. 2017
Not one of his best.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [DVD]
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Perce Pearce
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Jan. 2017
Classic Disney, my 4yr old grandaughter loves it.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Disney Princess) (Little Golden Books (Random House))
by Walt Disney

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Disney... superb. My granddaughter loves ..., 27 Jan. 2017
Classic Disney...superb. My granddaughter loves it.

Nature's Third Cycle: A Story of Sunspots
Nature's Third Cycle: A Story of Sunspots
by Arnab Rai Choudhuri

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Mar. 2016
Somewhat autobiographical but a good summary of current solar physics in a very readable form.

Atlas Celeste: Uranographia Britannica
Atlas Celeste: Uranographia Britannica
by John Bevis

4.0 out of 5 stars Bevis's Uranographia, 15 Mar. 2016
I've been researching Bevis's atlas for over 19yrs since co-discovering a 1786 original Atlas Celeste in Manchester in 1997. Only 30 originals have been identified and sell for upwards of £20,000. Only three Uranographia ca 1750 are known to exist, the rest are Atlas Celeste, without the nomenclature, offered for sale anonymously in 1786. This facsimilie is based on the Uranographia owned by the American Philosophical Society. Its reproduction is OK but could have been better.

Fruit of the Loom Men's Raglan Sleeve Crew Neck Sweatshirt, Bottle Green, X-Large
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sept. 2015
So pleased, I'm going to order a couple more.

Gardening with Ferns
Gardening with Ferns
by Martin Rickard

4.0 out of 5 stars Ferns In colour, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Gardening with Ferns (Paperback)
Where Barbara Joe Hoshizaki's book on ferns lacks in the way of colour illustrations, Martin Rickard's book scores points. His knowledge of ferns and fern growing in the UK is especially useful. It still doesn't quite answer all my 'need to knows' as a new fern gardener, as the colour illustrations show only a limited selection are rather small. There seems to be hundreds of very similar fern varieties that I still find confusing...but I'm getting there.

Fern Grower's Manual
Fern Grower's Manual
by Barbara Joe Hoshizaki

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to ferns, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Fern Grower's Manual (Paperback)
I have loved ferns since first 'discovering' them in the wild some 40yrs ago but I could quite put my finger on why until a recent conversation with an astronomy friend; of course, they appeal to my interest in fractal geometry and the beautiful complexity of natural plant forms. But I still found them difficult; to me, individually they all looked alike! This book has helped me to appreciate the different forms that this fascinating phylum can take. I'm now beginning to appreciate ferns better and prompted by this book have started a modest collection of about two dozen varieties. The diagrams are excellent and have certainly assisted my understanding of ferns and how to grow them. My only criticism is that the illustrations are not in colour.

Cheddleton: A Village History
Cheddleton: A Village History
by Robert Milner

5.0 out of 5 stars My recently adopted home, 29 Jan. 2014
Having moved to Cheddleton in 2012 and with a great affection for the Staffordshire Moorlands (I'm still driving around grinning like a Cheshire cat), I wanted to learn more about the place. This little book has been a great read and an inspiration to discover more about local history.

Spectroscopy: The Key to the Stars: Reading the Lines in Stellar Spectra (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
by Keith Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 29 Jan. 2014
Not exactly bed-time reading but certainly deserving of a place in my library and recommended to anyone requiring a thorough grounding in astronomical spectroscopy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3