Profile for J. H. R. Mellor > Reviews

Content by J. H. R. Mellor

J. H. R. Mellor (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fujifilm FinePix Z1000EXR Green Camera (16MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.5 inch LCD Touch Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars A lean, mean, green machine............................, 8 Sept. 2013
With a holiday in the offing who wants to carry several kilos of photographic equipment. At my age, I don't. When I saw this vest pocket camera with Wi-Fi and touch screen and at such a good price I leapt.
The Wi-Fi works wll with the family I-pad coupled with the Fuji camera app.
Altogether a super buy - and it takes wonderful photos

The Good Soldier
The Good Soldier

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of book.................., 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Good Soldier (Kindle Edition)
It was highly recommended to me so I struggled through to half way - never found a plot - it never grabbed me so I have put it down
but will try again in a few weeks time. I do not like to be beaten.
Meanwhile I am back to Bleak House which I enjoy.

What A Girl Wants [DVD] [2003]
What A Girl Wants [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Amanda Bynes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light entertainment, 4 July 2013
When I watch a film I ask myself "Would I enjoy seeing it again?" The answer with this film is Yes. My granddaughters regard it as a Chick flick and it would fall into the same category as The Parent Trap.Good family entertainment

Twin Pack High Quality Stylus Touch Pens For All Touch Screen Apple Ipad Mini Mobile Phones & Tablets (Black And White Pack)
Offered by SAMXOOMZ

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a min i-pad this is for you.........., 13 Jun. 2013
My fingers are too fat to handle the on screen keyboard and are not readily adapted to the touch screen.
This inexpensive tool makes handling the touch screen relatively easy.

Invision® iPad Mini 1 & 2 Smart Case Cover - Superior Design Features - Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function Quality PU Leather - Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad Mini Cover Green)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shade of green!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 9 Jun. 2013
How could we re-engineer this cover so it would support the ipad mini in Portrait mode as well as in Landscape.
This is a very small quibble over a fine product

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely easy read..................., 22 Feb. 2013
Classic ingredients - a discontented housewife, a handsome and caring widower and it moves inevitably from there.
I really enjoyed it

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Kindle freak.........................., 5 Feb. 2013
It is light, it is bright, it is so handy for reading in bed but when I go on holiday I still prefer my old Kindle Keyboard.

Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars This book has turned the world as I knew it upside down.............., 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
As someone who lived through the '30s and '40s this book is a revelation. What might have happened if Hitler had invaded England. We could never understand why he did not. It was inevitable that his military machine would have overwhelmed us in a few days. The author has put together a series of "what ifs" quite brilliantly and has produced a thought provoking read.
I am not sure what effect turning history on its head would have on todays young reader who did not know the politicians of the day.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Harry Potter, 29 Nov. 2012
Having read many adverse reviews of The Casual Vacancy I approached it with an open mind. I have only read 20 percent of the book and I am totally absorbed.
J K Rowling has left sensational Potter behind her and has shown herself to be an astute observer of the human condition.
I am loving it

Dracula
Dracula

4.0 out of 5 stars The fictional Count Dracula, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dracula (Kindle Edition)
I was recently in Romania and was struck by the way Dracula lurked ready to catch the tourist. They have really gone to town on this but to give them credit they do tell you about the real Vlad Dracula - the Impaler, and they admit that the castle they show to travellers is not really Dracula's castle which is too inaccessible for all but the young and fit.This was an excellent download for my Kindle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3