Profile for J. Perry > Reviews

Content by J. Perry

J. Perry (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cloudseller NEW iPhone 5/5S/5C CHARGER LEAD HIGH QUALITY USB DATA CABLE- 8 Pin - APPLE IPHONE 5/5S/5C, IPOD TOUCH 5 NANO 7 IPAD MINI

4.0 out of 5 stars NOW fully compatible with iphone 5S, 25 Oct. 2013
Update: 6 Nov 13

I have had some replacement cables supplied, and the replacement white cables all work with: Apple mains charger, USB lead on computer, Teknet Battery pack, BMW 330d USB socket and a Toyota IQ equally as well as the much more expensive Apple leads. I have compared the charge rate of the replacement cables with the charge rate of the Apple cables and they are identical.

Finally, these Cloudseller cables are a slightly looser fit in USB sockets and they are preferable to the Apple leads which in my opinion are too tight.

So, now, I would thoroughly recommend these Cloudseller leads as they are so much cheaper. I should also add they were very helpful in sorting out the problem. All testing was done on an iPhone 5S.

I'm leaving the old review below, though it is not relevant now.

This item is not compatible; when my 3 arrived, I tested them with the USB mains charger and they worked, so I assumed OK, but they are not. Here is my table of results for compatibility with an iPhone 5S:

The original Apple lead and Cloudseller black and white leads were tested with:

Device

Incompatible

Apple Original: NONE
Cloudseller Black: TechNet Pack, PC USB and BMW 330d USB
Cloudseller White: TechNet Pack and BMW 330d USB

MiniSuit Pastel Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Clear Back with TPU Trim (Black)
MiniSuit Pastel Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Clear Back with TPU Trim (Black)
Offered by MiniSuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 15 Oct. 2013
I like this case as it shows off the golden back of my 5S; however, I am replacing it with a more robust case for the future. It is good case though, and a recommended purchase.

A Whole Lot of History - Signed Edition
A Whole Lot of History - Signed Edition
by Kimberley Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 28 Sept. 2013
Update: 12 Nov 2013

I've just bought the book again for my Kindle, only 49p! A bargain.

I've not read the whole book yet, but I am so pleased I bought the signed edition.

Having met Kimberley quite a few times, I know what I lovely pleasant young lady she is, being so approachable, down to earth and caring.

The book is written in the style she speaks and is an easy read and it shows her compassion towards others and fans in the way she considers them. This is a good autobiography on the way Kimberley has seen the last ten years, and anyone who has followed Kimberley's career in Girls Aloud, The Theatre and CBBC Bedtime Stories as well as her Strictly Come Dancing performance with find this book gives a very interesting insight into her early childhood and how her ambitions have been realised.

It is a shame that the press have taken some phases out of context and tried to manufacture rifts that are just not there, but there again, that's the press that always wants a story, and only "bad stories" sell papers even if they are unrepresentative.

All I can say is if you like what Kimberley has done and want to know what has driven her, go buy the book and be enthralled like I have.

Toyota IQ (2008-present) Tailored Car Mats ANTHRACITE
Toyota IQ (2008-present) Tailored Car Mats ANTHRACITE
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, 28 Sept. 2013
Having had Sekura mats that did not fit, I was delighted to have these arrive from Amazon so quickly.

The good points are that you get a set of five mats - two for the front and three for the rear with the third rear mat being for the carpet between the two seats at the back. The mats are of good quality and the friction grip is fine.

My IQ had no fixings for the passenger side mat, but there were hotes for fixings in the mat, but since the mats were unlikely to slide about, and even if they did, it would not matter; the passenger mat is a good size.

The drivers side mat had holes that lined up with the fixings, however, the hole should have been oval not round and so the hole could only be placed over the mat fixing and turning the fixing would not keep it in place (one star deduction for this). However, the mat is unlikely to slide forward.

I am pleased with this purchase.

Sakura Mat Set Toyota IQ Carpet with Rubber Heelpad 2009 Onwards - Black
Sakura Mat Set Toyota IQ Carpet with Rubber Heelpad 2009 Onwards - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice finish but do not fit the IQ, 24 Sept. 2013
The mats are of good quality and the back had a good friction grip for the rear mats and the passenger mat.

However, the fixings for the drivers side do not align with those on the mat and there is a danger of the mat sliding forward as there is no grip.

So although the mat is marked as designed for the IQ, they do not fit and I'm worried the driver side mat may slide forward.

I'm disappointed in them and I have decided to return them for a refund.

250 SJTs (Situational Judgement Test questions) for Foundation Year entry (Foundation Programme - FY1)
by Gail Allsopp

5.0 out of 5 stars How is your judgement?, 8 Sept. 2013
Good selection of questions with always a few answers being right in each multiple choice, but which is the best. The answers provide good clear guidance on why the the best answer is just that. This is a valuable learning book and requires little medical knowledge to do the tests. The tests are more to test your personality and judgment rather than medical knowledge.

Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD]
Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Girls Aloud

1.0 out of 5 stars Girls Aloud Ten Tour DVD, 8 Sept. 2013
Updated 20 Nov 13

I had high expectations of this release as I had been to eight tour dates, including the one when the DVD was filmed.

I can confirm the Girls gave a spellbinding performance that had us all in ecstasy. My favourites were Untouchable and On The Metro from the B stage and BCYLM, ISBU and The Promise were tear jerkers. Call me Maybe was an unexpected and brilliant bonus.

The DVD should have been excellent because of the excellent songs, stunning performances, continual interaction by The Girls with fans and audience participation.

Before release I became disappointed that Call Me Maybe has been excluded from the DVD. I am guessing this is because royalties on the DVD sales could not be agreed with Carly Rae Jepson - disappointing.

Having now received my DVD, I am exceedingly disappointed.

The DVD is only 4.89GB as a consequence of using LQ compressed video and poor sound tracks. Polydor have deliberately saved money by making the DVD fit on just a single layer and as a consequence we get a grainy video.

If you were thinking of 5,1 DTS Master Audio Sound tracks think again. There are two audio streams, one is stereo, and the other is stereo surround sound and NO true 5.1 multichannel.

If you look at the Out Of Control DVD, you will find a DTS audio stream; TenTour does not have this - why not Polydor?

Sorry, rating now cut; this could have been a truly excellent DVD but Polydor have short changed us.

I should comment that there must be fans that want a memory of the tour, whether they went or not, so even this low quality DVD is better than nothing - but WHY did it have to be so BAD.

Lenovo VE71AUK Q190 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) - (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, N5902 Remote Keyboard, Blu-ray, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo Q190, 15 May 2013
I've tried both the QNAP NMP-1000P and Popcorn Hour A-400 media players to play my music, DVD, Blu-Ray and video collection. The problem with both of these devices is that they will not play HD Blu-ray networked ISO files without drop out.

So, I bought a Q190 (direct from Lenovo, sorry Amazon)and it plays everything; only disadvantage is the fan noise is slightly louder than I expected it to be, but otherwise, it is perfect and I am very pleased with it.

Popcorn Hour A-400 3D Media Player
Popcorn Hour A-400 3D Media Player

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but will not stream Blu-Ray ISOs, 20 April 2013
I bought one of these hoping it would be better than the QNAP-NMP 1000P, but it isn't.

It will stream DVDs and low definition Blu-Ray ISOs, but many modern Blu-Rays are over 40GB and ISOs created from these fail to stream and they stutter.

The whole point of getting an NMP was to stream my films, and this it fails to do properly. I should wait until they fix the problem before buying.

I've contacted the manufacturers and no reply from them despite raising a case. Since them, I have bought a Lenovo Q190 for a similar price and have installed XBMC and all media, including HD Blu-ray ISOs play flawlessly.

I wish I'd never bought either the Popcorn Hour or the QNAP.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 9:54 AM BST

One Day I'll Fly Away
One Day I'll Fly Away

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Fly Away, 9 Jan. 2013
Anyone who has heard Kimberley speak or perform on stage as part of Girls Aloud or Shrek will love this song. She has that soft sensual singing voice that is so soothing and calming. I am glad she has released this mini-album and I would urge you to get it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6