Profile for Una Carlow > Reviews

Cuckoo: Cheating by Nature
Cuckoo: Cheating by Nature
by Nick Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars A delight to, 15 May 2015
A fascinating study backed by years of study and observation. A delight to read

White Linen Flat Bed Sheets
White Linen Flat Bed Sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool! and cool., 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: White Linen Flat Bed Sheets
In hot weather I sleep under my grandfathers 120 year old hand embroidered sheet! What better gift than linen to give to my family in the impossible New York summer humidity and heat? And it was the perfect thing, a clean cool soft feel... and of course, like my sheets it will endure.
My only criticism is that they recommend dry cleaning.Why? Of all the fibres linen washes and washes and washes.

'Loyalty in me Lieth': King Richard III and Francis Viscount Lovel
'Loyalty in me Lieth': King Richard III and Francis Viscount Lovel
by Richard Mark Hogg

2.0 out of 5 stars Presumptive and shallow, 4 Nov. 2013
I thought this was a good idea, but the boundaries of credulity are pushed too far when ahistorical bit-player, albeit a close friend, is made out to be the hero, the strategist, and takes credit for all the good ideas. Historical inaccuracy can be forgiven if the plot and characters are convincing. In this case they were not. the rather horrid cover should have warned me off!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2015 7:32 PM BST