Profile for alex > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mad Love
Mad Love

5.0 out of 5 stars loved loved loved it, 21 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Mad Love (Kindle Edition)
loved loved loved it. Nick's books never disappoint and this one kept me stuck to my kindle day and night. great read!

We Were On a Break
We Were On a Break
by Lindsey Kelk

1.0 out of 5 stars Need to get these hours back again, 29 Oct. 2016
This review is from: We Were On a Break (Paperback)
Sorry I ordered this on pre-order as I am mad about Lindsey Kelk usually and should have waited to read the reviews. I am obviously not alone in thinking this is by far her worst book. Dull dull dull. Skipping pages to hopefully join the story(?) at a more readable point but not to be. Really disappointed and how do i get these hours back?

My Husband's Wife: The Sunday Times Top 10 Bestselling Thriller
My Husband's Wife: The Sunday Times Top 10 Bestselling Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, loved loved this book, 26 Jun. 2016
Loved, loved loved this book. Could not put it down and its one of the books that 2 weeks after finishing it, i still think about it... books like that are rare. Well written, and kept me gripped all times. A great read.

CoziPro Comfort Extra Head Neck Support Inflatable Travel Pillow
CoziPro Comfort Extra Head Neck Support Inflatable Travel Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried it out on receipt although the trip is not ..., 14 Feb. 2016
Tried it out on receipt although the trip is not for another few weeks. Very comfy and I am sure it will be used for many trips to come. Speedy service and delivery. thanks

Unity 6 x 8-inch Thin Edge Photo Frame, Silver Plated
Unity 6 x 8-inch Thin Edge Photo Frame, Silver Plated

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid frame and good quality. Excellent buy, 4 Aug. 2015
Quickly dispatched. Solid frame and good quality. Excellent buy. thanks

The Governor's Lady (Bloomsbury Reader)
The Governor's Lady (Bloomsbury Reader)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this. Highly recommended, 27 Nov. 2014
Loved this. Highly recommended. Once again Norman Collins at his best. Characters spring to life off the kindle screen and the story has left me thinking about it for days after finishing. I loved Mr Ngono and his absolute desire to be accepted into society and the weird companion Sybil who would not allow Anne anyone other than herself. This would make a fabulous film.

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum for Women - 100 ml
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum for Women - 100 ml
Offered by Warehouse Mania Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad you cant get this anymore on the High Street ..., 10 Oct. 2014
So sad you cant get this anymore on the High Street but this was terrific value. Lovely lives up to its name with its gorgeous smell and in price. LOVELY

Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong
Paula, Michael and Bob: Everything You Know Is Wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! what a read...., 26 Jun. 2014
Could not put this book down and had me reading it during the night. This time a "friend" really tells all and she was around to see it all happen and at the eye of the storm. You see the story from Team Paula and also from Team Bob, to whom she crosses over to support. A fascinating read and sad, that history has repeated itself with Peaches. Highly recommended.

London Belongs to Me (Penguin Modern Classics)
London Belongs to Me (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read, characters jump right off the page and into your heart!, 15 Jun. 2014
I remember a long time back this was once an ITV series back in the 70s - which I did stay up for. The reason it caught my interest then, as I remember it, it was all about a big house in London and the stories of the various tenants who lived in it. My dad, had tenants and I remember going with him on rent visits and trying as a child to work out how these different people all came to bel iving under the same roof. Well the book, which I have tried to buy over the years and finally found, certainly never disappointed in any way. The beautifully written detail of each of those who live in No 10 Dulcimer St in Kennington, makes them jump out of the page and really into your heart - i.e poor Mr Josser, the smarmy Professer Qualito, mad Connie and Jack-the Lad Percy. Pre World war 2 and the onset of war, the social history it presents in the background and the lives that are lived out in those few years give you a intricate picture of the period in question. The style this book is written is so well observed - its almost like having had a Big Brother camera in the house but 70 years earlier! Wish they would make this into a series again, Downton eat your heart out!

As the Crow Flies
As the Crow Flies

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it - one of his best, 20 May 2014
This review is from: As the Crow Flies (Kindle Edition)
This very long book took me a week to read although I was sneaking in a quick read at work. The characters almost came alive on the pages and sucked me in straight away. Although I could see the plot and where it was going to at certain points, it did not matter - it was how it got there that kept me engrossed to the very last page. Jeffrey Archer at his very best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3