Profile for dazzer252 > Reviews

Samsung Gear Fit2 Smart Watch (Large) - Black
Samsung Gear Fit2 Smart Watch (Large) - Black
Offered by BESTLINE

3.0 out of 5 stars Just doesnt deliver for the money, 11 Sept. 2017
I was fortunate to recently receive one of these devices free of charge as part of a Samsung deal when I purchased a new phone. I can therefore give this an impartial review based on the last 4 weeks of use. I was looking to use this as an everyday watch and fitness tracker but also for use when I am running. I currently own a Tom Tom runner 3 watch which is what I currently use and will compare this to. My experiences are a bit mixed with this….
Pros:
Easy to set up
Step counter works well as does the pulse counter
Its good to be able to read your messages (text, whatsapp, etc)
The watch holds a good amount of music storage and pairs well with my Bluetooth headphones

Cons:
GPS tracking on this is terrible. I have done a number of runs with this that I know the distances of from mapping them online. I have found the watch to be 5%-10% off with distances and this then throws out the pace readings. I live in an area with good GPS signal strength but the watch will also often loose the signal and even when it does stay connected draws straight lines between readings which just aren’t accurate.
Battery life is poor. I need to recharge this every other day but if I do a 45min run with music then it will need charging daily
You can’t reply to messages other than with the default messages (which you can change)

My summary would be that I wouldn’t buy this for the sports features which considering this is what its aimed at is disappointing. The watch is fine for daily step counting but fails miserable when used for running, etc once the GPS is enabled. If you are looking to use this for sports then I would save your money and buy something like the Tom Tom Runner or a Garmin equivalent. These are the same price as the Samsung watch but also come with the Bluetooth headphones. If you want a smart watch that allows true interaction with your phone spend another £100 and look at the Gear S3.
This sadly doesn’t deliver as a sports tracker and lacks the functionality of a proper smart watch so overall has left me very disappointed. I will continue to use this as my daily watch at work (as it didn't cost me anything) but will switch to my Tom Tom when I decide to go running.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 12 Mar. 2016
Excellent product and ideal for shopping in Alde where speed of packing is all important.

Premier Housewares 2-Tier Extendable Shoe Rack - Silver
Premier Housewares 2-Tier Extendable Shoe Rack - Silver
Offered by brands online uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Wobbles and poor quality, 12 Mar. 2016
As others have highlighted this is a very low quality item and is extremely unstable and wobbles when placing shoes on. We brought ours approx 6 months ago and even with light use some of the welds have now broken making the item unusable. The other issue is the design means the shoes just slide off. Not recommended.

Breville VBL062 Blend Active Personal Blender, 300 W, 50Hz - White/Green
Breville VBL062 Blend Active Personal Blender, 300 W, 50Hz - White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and well made, 15 Nov. 2015
Great little unit which we purchased to replace a much larger smoothie maker. It comes with 2 large bottles and is easy to clean and store due to its size. It copes with ice cubes no problem at all and the bottles make it easy to pre make the smoothie and then store in the fridge.

Granovita Linusit Premium Organic Milled Flaxseed 450g
Granovita Linusit Premium Organic Milled Flaxseed 450g

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and great price, 31 Oct. 2010
Found this product on amazon after paying double the price in a major high street health store for a similar size packet. Delivery was fast and free and the product seems very good. If you are looking for ground flaxseed I think you will struggle to find cheaper! The bag is resealable so ideal for storing in the fridge!

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money for the next call of duty!!, 28 Oct. 2010
I brought this game with high hopes and was mainly interested in the on line gaming aspect of it. I really wish I had saved my money as although the single player game is good the on line game is poor. There seems to be a real issue of lag in many games and often you are killed before you have even seen the other player. The game play is also not very smooth when compared to COD and I found it a very disappointing experience. For the cost I would say it is vastly overpriced and will probably be selling my copy towards the next COD game. I am not a 100% die hard COD fan, and had hoped this game would be able to compete, but sadly this was not the case. I note that the most recent reviews have mostly been poor (2-3 stars) so suggest you think long and hard before wasting your money if you are buying this for the on line gaming. I only gave it 2 stars as the single player was ok.

Arnhem (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
Arnhem (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
by R. E. Urquhart

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent personal account of the Arnhem Battle, 9 Sept. 2010
This book gave me a different perspective on the battle of Arnhem and the mistakes made that led to the failure of Operation Market Garden. It is an excellent personal account that, due to his rank, focuses more on the decisions and tactics, as opposed to detailed personal accounts of front line battles. I enjoyed reading it and we should not forget the heavy losses the british airbourne divisions suffered in these final months of WWII.

Blowing Our Bridges: A Memoir from Dunkirk to Korea Via Normandy
Blowing Our Bridges: A Memoir from Dunkirk to Korea Via Normandy
by Tony Younger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good personal account, 16 Aug. 2010
The book focuses on the experiences of an engineering officer in the british army. It is a good personal account and brings home the danger such teams worked under. The majority of the book focuses on his experiences in Korea, but there is also some interesting stories from the WWII campaign. Overall I thought this was a good book and would recommend it!

Duracell 4 Hour AA & AAA Battery Charger with 2 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Duracell 4 Hour AA & AAA Battery Charger with 2 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Go Green Batteries UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and easy to use, 16 Aug. 2010
The item charges four AA, or AAA, batteries at the same time, with a charge time of around 6 hours. It is simple to use and came with 4 x AA batteries. For the price this is an excellent item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2011 11:15 PM BST

Recollections Of Rifleman Bowlby (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
Recollections Of Rifleman Bowlby (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
by Alex Bowlby

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent personal account from WWII, 16 Aug. 2010
I brought this book as I enjoy reading personal accounts from WWII. I found this book excellent and it gives a very good account of the troubles faced by an infrantry soldier in Italy during WWII. I am surprised the book doesn't have more reviews and would recommend it to all!

Page: 1 | 2