Profile for Mr MarMar > Reviews

Content by Mr MarMar

Mr MarMar "Marmite" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Comeback
The Comeback
by Bernard Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Bernard Taylor makes a Comeback!, 12 Oct. 2016
This review is from: The Comeback (Paperback)
I'm so pleased and excited that Bernard Taylor has made his own "Comeback" after approximately 20 years since his last horror / thriller. His earlier novels from the 1970s and 1980s such as The Godsend, Sweetheart Sweetheart and Since Ruby were fantastic chillers with very little gore but lots of chills and suspense. This latest offering The Comeback is about an aging singer and her assistant who are looking forward to being potentially thrown back into the fame and fortune spotlight after the singers old recordings are to be re-release on CD. There is a fabulous twist at the end and the novel is undeniably gripping. It is a short novel of about 200 pages but I felt that anything by my personal favourite Master of three horror genre had to be worth it. I should also say that this novel is a rewrite of Taylors ebook released in 2011 called Kiss it Better....so for those of you who have read it may not wish to purchase this since it is basically very similar. I have purchased and enjoyed both. Also just to recommend Taylors 1979 novel Sweetheart Sweetheart which has been re-released by Valancourt books....it's a real chiller that I can't recommend enough.

Sarah Brown's Healthy Living Cookbook
Sarah Brown's Healthy Living Cookbook
by Sarah Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Deliciously Ella and Amelia Freer et al, 31 Jan. 2016
Before Deliciously Ella and Amelia Freer, Sarah Brown was at the forefront of healthy vegetarian cookery. Considering these books are now 30 years old its amazing to see some of her ingredients and techniques and just how advanced they were for the time. I still use all my Sarah Brown cookery books and many of her recipes I now know by heart. I wonder what she's doing nowadays....years ago she owned and ran a very successful wholefoods shop and restaurant in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. She was an inspiration to me.

Timberland Earthkeepers Strombuck, Men's Lace-Up Shoes, Black (Black Smooth), UK 11.5, EU 46

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought them for work which they are fine for. I'm sure they will last, 18 Jan. 2016
Ok shoes, comfy but not very stylish. I bought them for work which they are fine for. I'm sure they will last years

Ted Baker Brixxby Lthr Am, Men's Derby, Blue (Dark Blue), 12 UK (46 EU)
Ted Baker Brixxby Lthr Am, Men's Derby, Blue (Dark Blue), 12 UK (46 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 18 Jan. 2016
Gorgeous and comfy

In the Mood for Healthy Food: Recipes for The Whole Family
In the Mood for Healthy Food: Recipes for The Whole Family
by Jo Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars I have both Kindle (handy while shopping for ingredients) and Hardback copies...Its that good!!, 18 Jan. 2016
I love this book. Its my fave cookery book at the moment in my opinion better than Deliciously Ella and all those other healthy cook books. Really nice recipes and photographs. Initially I bought it on Kindle for the bargain price of £3, but had to also buy a hard copy to have in my kitchen as I know I will use this book for the rest of my life! I have made quite a number of dishes so far from all categories and they have turned out great. Some unusual and fabulously tasty ideas here too like adding spiced walnut butter to a vegetarian chilli...it turned it into the best chilli I have tasted! Also the recipes are easy, with accurate cooking and prep times and most ingredients are cupboard staples or easy to get hold of. Finally, while the book does contain some meat, fish and a number of poultry recipes I have found myself really loving the great veggie recipes here and if you are a veggie I would still recommend buying this fab book.

London Legends (2 Book Series)
London Legends (2 Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny, 31 Oct. 2015
These two novels are fantastic. Full of camp, bitchy humour, they are great fun. I really hope there will be more in the series. I read them ages ago but they have stuck in my mind as being my favourites. Drew Thomas' other novel "Curtains" is great also as is his other series "The Grass is Always Greener". Give these a try, I am sure you will enjoy!

Moving
Moving

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and entertaining, 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Moving (Kindle Edition)
I read this novel on my recent holiday and hardly spoke to my partner for two days as it had me so engaged. Then my partner read it and I recieved the same silent treatment! To say we both enjoyed it is an understatement. Really liked the way the the story is told from three different perspectives and is set in different timelines, though it is not confusing and comes to a lovely conclusion. I actually miss reading it now its over and I will buy the other books by this author. I bought the large format paperback for I think around £13 and it was money well spent. Great entertainment!

Pangean Glider Sevilla Deckchair
Pangean Glider Sevilla Deckchair

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2015
Quite difficult to assemble but nice when done!

duck and cover Men's Halstead Crew Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red (Lava Melange), XX-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tee shirt, 19 May 2015
really like this tee shirt. Has a nifty pockey on one sleeve and like most Duck and Cover items is slighty different. Nice colour too, not too bright

Life Cycle
Life Cycle

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and fast paced, 19 May 2015
This review is from: Life Cycle (Kindle Edition)
I hadn't come across this author before and as I enjoy seeking new talent I thought I'd give it a go. I must emphasise that this is a short story rather than a novel, but it had a number of surprises that I didn't see coming, and is entertaining and fast paced.. It appears that this is the first of a series of books called The Organisation and I will definately be on the look out for more from this talented new writer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4