Profile for katielees > Reviews

Content by katielees

katielees

Mountain Warehouse Montana Womens Walking HIking Half Zip Microfleece Micro Fleece Lilac 16
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good under-layer, 12 April 2016
Fine for the price. I would like the neck to have come up a little higher and to have fitted a little closer, but otherwise, it fitted under my ski jacket as an extra layer.

Edward's Menagerie: Birds: Over 40 soft toy patterns for crochet birds
Edward's Menagerie: Birds: Over 40 soft toy patterns for crochet birds
by Kerry Lord

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely brightly coloured birds !, 12 April 2016
I love the photography of all the crochet birds, and the bright colours make one itch to get started ! I am enjoying my first project, the blue-footed booby and am looking forward to seeing him finished. The only tricky bits are the legs where you only have 6 or 8 stitches to a round and it can get confusing. With practice, I am sure this will improve.

SK1 Falke Women's ski Socks Blue blue Size:6 / 37-38
SK1 Falke Women's ski Socks Blue blue Size:6 / 37-38

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality ski socks, 12 April 2016
Happy with these socks which fit snugly and are warm. They are expensive, but I think they will last.

White Under Sink Gloss Bathroom Cabinet / Undersink Unit
White Under Sink Gloss Bathroom Cabinet / Undersink Unit
Offered by worldofbargain888

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good value, 12 April 2016
Very happy with the quality and ease of assembly. It looks more expensive than it is, and will do the job of keeping bathroom products out of sight. Thank you !

Take Me Home (Glen Avich Book 2)
Take Me Home (Glen Avich Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars the story itself is intriguing and I enjoyed it for light, 13 July 2014
I was quickly absorbed by this story which is told by different characters as it unfolds. Although the 'romance' element is fairly predictable, the story itself is intriguing and I enjoyed it for light, 'on the beach' type reading

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
Very much enjoyed this book. At first I thought it might be boring as there was a lot of detail on trains and railways, but it cleverly set the scene for the life that Eric Lomax led. The descriptions of his torture by the Japanese were harrowing and it is easy to see why they would have left a lifelong effect on him: PTSD at its worst I imagine.
Well worth reading.

Knitting Scandinavian Slippers and Socks
Knitting Scandinavian Slippers and Socks
by Laura Farson

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for competent knitters, 30 Dec. 2012
The patterns in this book are not for the inexperienced knitter. Methods of cast on are different from the normal 'cable' cast on and the construction of the slipper looks quite complicated. However, the designs are lovely and I can't wait to try them. They should grow quickly too and I love the Scandinavian patterns.

PetGear by Happy Pet Dog Seat Belt
PetGear by Happy Pet Dog Seat Belt
Offered by More Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet seatbelt, 8 Nov. 2011
I bought this so that my chinese crested would be safe on the long journey to Cornwall from Sussex . She lay down in her bed on the back seat of the car with the seat belt attached to her collar and slept all the way, not even wanting a mid-journey wee stop ! It was very easy to use, simple to adjust and I am very happy with it,

Where's Willy?
Where's Willy?
by Wings Illustration

5.0 out of 5 stars good fun for all, 7 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Where's Willy? (Hardcover)
This is a great fun book which should appeal to all ages. Not rude or coarse in any way; both children and adults will enjoy searching the very detailed pictures to find what they are looking for !

LED Lenser H7 Head Torch - Gift Box LED7497
LED Lenser H7 Head Torch - Gift Box LED7497

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product !, 7 Nov. 2010
I ordered this head lamp to be able to take my dogs out after dark in the fields. It is brilliant for this, with a clear bright light and a good range. I like the idea that you can use a dimmer switch to save battery life and also that you can angle the lamp. It is light and comfortable to wear. I would agree with other reviewers that the pouch is really too small for the lamp, but this is a small price to pay for something which has made my 'dog-walking life' so much easier.