Profile for I love my shed > Reviews

Content by I love my shed

I love my shed (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Jesus Among Secular Gods: The Countercultural Claims of Christ
Jesus Among Secular Gods: The Countercultural Claims of Christ
by Ravi Zacharias

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninjas in the religious jungle, 26 Jan. 2017
I really enjoyed this. Zacharias and Vitale are a bit like like logical ninjas in the jungle of contemporary religious beliefs. As a philosopher what I found most useful about their approach was the way that they didn't seem to mind admitting mistakes that religious believers can sometimes make whilst still not treating everything with a cynical outlook. Probably the best book on secularism and religion that I've read in a few years.

5 Voices: How to Communicate Effectively with Everyone You Lead
5 Voices: How to Communicate Effectively with Everyone You Lead
by Jeremie Kubicek

5.0 out of 5 stars It also gives sensible and useful suggestions for self-improvement and leadership, 13 Oct. 2016
This is much more accessible than MBTI. It also gives sensible and useful suggestions for self-improvement and leadership. I have found a new confidence in understanding my own creative-connector-pioneer voice better. I am buying more copies now for our teams to share and read.

Prince Lionheart Corner Guards (Chocolate)
Prince Lionheart Corner Guards (Chocolate)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't sick, 31 Jan. 2016
Corners are soft and I'm sure they'd do a good job if they stuck to the table. Sadly the double-sided tape provided is useless and they all fell off by the next morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mum and baby!, 19 Nov. 2015
I bought this for a friend when she had her baby - looks great on her and keeps her baby entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous product! Will buy more!, 19 Nov. 2015
Gorgeous product! Actually bought one before I was pregnant just because it's so light and pretty. Now I have a 6 month old baby it's become invaluable! I'll definitely be buying this for all my mummy friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and baby loves it!, 19 Nov. 2015
Brilliant idea. Bought this when my baby was born and now she's 6months we can't live without it! Always something safe to chew on when we're out and about. Looks gorgeous too!

Case for iPhone 5S,Cover for iPhone 5S, TPU Case for iPhone 5S, Silikon Cover for iPhone 5S, Soft Case for iPhone 5S, IFEDA Transparent Ultra Slim Soft TPU Silicone Pink Flowers Painted Bumper Protective Case for Apple iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s

2.0 out of 5 stars Too flimsy, 14 Oct. 2015
Pretty case but to flimsy to be practical. Bottom of the case, by the charging port, split within 3 weeks of receiving it. I'd also say it was a bit too thin as it wouldn't protect the phone if it fell face down.

12 Fabulous Foam Princess Crowns
12 Fabulous Foam Princess Crowns

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not receive item shown in picture!, 5 Aug. 2015
I received a different item than shown. Crowns were yellow - not as nice as shown and did not come with coils as described. Disappointed!

Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Beads Jewellery Box - wooden butterflies and beads
Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Beads Jewellery Box - wooden butterflies and beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bead set, 22 Aug. 2014
Excellent bead set - a wide range of colours and shapes. My daughter was delighted with it and loves stringing the different beans together to make pretty bracelets etc. On a practical note, it also comes with a slide-on lid so the beans don't spill out when we put it away. I would highly recommend this!

Why?
Why?
by Sharon Dirckx

5.0 out of 5 stars Real and throughtful, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Why? (Paperback)
Many books on suffering seem to make the answers more complicated and further away. This book contains human stories, with down-to-earth sensible advice that it helps you really deal with suffering. It's great to have those human stories and see how people have coped with suffering in their own lives, and Sharon Dirckx really gets you thinking at the same time too.

If you are looking for a book on suffering that takes it seriously, but doesn't leave you with a solution of simply abstract ideas, then get this - actually, get two, you'll want to give one away.

Page: 1 | 2