Profile for AJ > Reviews

Lion [DVD]
Dvd ~ Garth Davis
Offered by Tristan Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see film., 24 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Lion [DVD] (DVD)
I fell in love with this film on first viewing and couldn't stop thinking about it for days on end so subsequently watched it again 10 days later. I found it even more moving the second time round as I knew the significance of certain scenes. It's brilliantly acted by all, especially Sunny Pawar, Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman, has a hauntingly beautiful musical score and above all is an amazing true story. The film follows the extraordinary events of Saroo's life chronologically and has 2 very distinct parts, one set in India and the other in Tasmania both of which I found equally compelling. I didn't know too much about the film beforehand as I hadn't watched the trailer but I left the cinema enthralled and incredibly moved. Lion is unforgettable.

Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD]
Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping viewing!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not a massive fan of detective programmes but I always made an exception for Inspector Morse and now feel the same way about Endeavour. Superior writing and acting and of course the gorgeous backdrop of Oxford helps too. I love the Endeavour/Fred Thursday relationship and both Shaun and Roger are amazing in their roles. The rest of the cast are brilliant too and I love the fact that Abigail Thaw is involved and of course the little cameos from Colin help make the whole thing unique.

I thought Trove, Sway and Neverland were all excellent but in very different ways. I didn't like the Nocturne quite so much but still enjoyed it as it was filmed just a mile from my house and having the World Cup theme running through the episode was great.

Neverland was an amazing finale and I was on the edge of my seat for about the last 20 minutes and shouting NO at the TV probably along with 5 million others! I think the ending means that there will definitely be a series 3, surely they wouldn't leave it like that, would they? Endeavour locked up, Fred at death's door, Jakes on the brink of a breakdown and poor old Monica looking out the window waiting for her lovely man to come home! More of the same please ITV!!