Profile for hellybellyfication > Reviews

Content by hellybellyfication

hellybellyfication

Solitude (Best Friends Book 1)
Solitude (Best Friends Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it and will probably read again, 15 Feb. 2016
I've read this book twice now. It's made me shout, cry, laugh and sigh- all the boxes ticked for a compelling story...The sex ain't too shabby either.
This author has an ability to write sensuality that I envy, and manages to drive the story forward with a three dimensional sensitivity not often seen in romances. I recommend it and will probably read again.

Bound to the Sheikh (International Bad Boys Book 1)
Bound to the Sheikh (International Bad Boys Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 July 2015
Barring one or two that I might have missed, I have read nearly all of Carol Marinelli's books. Some have been breath taking, Putting Alice Back Together Again to name just one. However, this story appears to be written in a rush, and published even quicker, with no thought given to much editing - if at all. It's seriously lacking in punctuation, confusing sentences, repetitions, and extraneous words in head hopping clumsy prose.

I'm quite cross that Mills and boon/ Harlequin feel they can charge for this kind of quality, when there is better available on free writing sites. I know that this author writes well, and this story could have worked with a bit of time spent on it. Pushing out substandard writing devalues her and insults the intelligence of your paying readers.

I know this review seems a bit harsh, but if it had been a pair of shoes that I had bought, I'd expect them to be fit for the purpose intended.

Master of the Mill
Master of the Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars surprised, 12 Jan. 2014
I usually don't like it when people try to mess with classics but I was pleasantly surprised with this. The language is of the period, the characters have been built upon and the story has grown. T'was a most enjoyable read.

The Heiress Effect (The Brothers Sinister Book 2)
The Heiress Effect (The Brothers Sinister Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 5 Oct. 2013
I have read every Courtney Milan book and I will probably say she is currently my favourite author. Primarily because she is brave enough to buck the perpetual trend of lords, ladies and an implausible historical setting, as a born and bred resident of good old Blighty this pleases me.
She has never made me want to chuck aside my kindle in disgust with anachronisms, more importantly has never made the painfully ignorant mistake of setting St Giles in the East End (I wish people wouldn't do that)
My favourite book to date is unquestionably unravelled. Courtney Milan writes about flawed characters and potentially contentious subjects, she does it well. The heiress effect is no different.

INSTANT TUMMY TUCK Extra Firm Tummy Trimmer Control Magic Underbust Waist Shaper Girdle Waspie Cincher Slimming Belt Belly Slimming Body Shaper Girdle Belt band skin colour great for uk size within 16 FREE POSTAGE

3.0 out of 5 stars one big spare tire or four little ones, 9 Dec. 2011
This product is exactly what it says it is, very firm waist cincher. When I put this on though it didn't so much as pull in my spare tire, more along the lines of create four little ones. It also felt as if the elastic wanted to fold over where the seams are. I found myself putting another body shaper over the top to smooth the lines out and then taking the whole lot off because I felt two uncomfortable. In the end I just wore the dress with normal underwear as my other body shaper was too big for me. Which was why I had bought this one. It is quite cheap for what it is but it will probably just fester in my underwear drawer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 10:44 AM BST