Profile for Oleg Izyumenko > Reviews

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely lived up to my expectations, 13 Dec. 2013
I must admit that since I read the reviews of this book on Amazon, my expectations for this book had been very high. Almost scarely so, as I was afraid to be disappointed by the actual reading experience. But that wasn't the case when I received the book and started reading... and couldn't put it away! I "swallowed" the book in two days and loved every minute of it. The story kept an excellent pace and the tension was always present. The characters and scenes were well developed and the emotional undertone of the book was masterful. I already recommended this book to a couple of friends.

A funny note: on they when I finished the book I saw a woman at the Central Station in Stockholm, walking amidst a rush-hour crowd - while reading the very same book. Apparently it was equally impossible for her to put it away, even despite the stress of pedestrian traffic of the central station. :)

Omron BF508 Body Composition and Body Fat Monitor Bathroom Scale
Omron BF508 Body Composition and Body Fat Monitor Bathroom Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall pleased, but has a slight inconsistency, 6 Jun. 2012
I got exactly what I expected from this model, which was weight measurement and body fat percentage. Of course, the latter varies greatly depending on how hydrated one is (or has been in the past 12 hours), so to get an idea of a general trend I'm taking measurements at the same time point every day, after I just woken up. Still, it's the weight that is of my primary interest, of course, and here I observe a slight inconsistency with this scale. When I used it as an ordinary scale, leaving the hand-held monitor in the scale and only taking weight measurements, it gives me a number that is always 0.5 kg (about 1 pound) higher than when I take the hand-held monitor out to do the body fact analysis. It really puzzles me, because I take the hand-held unit out AFTER the scale's self-calibration, so it shouldn't influence the resulting weight of me standing on the scale and holding the hand-held in my hands. Still, the inconsistency is there and is a bit annoying.