Profile for Photoman > Reviews

H&S Mens PU Leather Watch Strap Band + Tool Spring Bar Pins 18mm 20mm 22mm 24mm
Offered by H&S Alliance UK Ltd
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement strap, 6 Jan. 2015
I bought this to fit my Tissot watch as the strap had deteriorated over time. I was a little concerned with how the watch would look in fitting a cheap strap rather than the official manufacturers part. While this is not as well made as the original you wouldn't be able to tell unless looking fairly close up.

I wasn't sure if this would fit my watch as it has a folding clasp rather than a buckle. It turns out it fits very well and all you need to do is remove the buckle with the provided tool. I'm very happy with the strap as a Tissot one would have cost me seven times more! For the money I'd highly recommend getting one.

Manfrotto 294 - Monopod
Manfrotto 294 - Monopod

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little monopod., 18 Nov. 2014
I bought this for professional use and for the price I'd have to say it's excellent value. It's a tad on the short side for me. I'm 5"10 and could do with it going up an extra inch or two but I added my spare Manfrotto tilt head which bring it up to the perfect height. Despite the hight issue I'm giving it 5 star as I'm very happy with my purchase. If you want a compact, lightweight monopod without breaking the bank this is perfect.

Dr. Battery Advanced Pro Series Laptop / Notebook Battery Replacement for HP PH06 (10.8V 4400mAh / 48Wh) 800+ Charge Cycles. 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Electric Depot - UK
Price: 25.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and cheaper than HP., 18 Nov. 2014
Bought this for my HP Probook as the battery was on its last legs. I didn't want to pay HP prices for a new one so after a bit of research I opted to try Dr Battery. They're a Canadian company so I felt more comfortable trying these than a cheap Chinese copy. The battery clips in no problem and unless you pulled it out to read the label you wouldn't be able to tell it was a different make. I can't vouch for the extended battery life claims as it's too early days but that aside I'm so happy that I'm now back up to 4 hours battery life.

Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release)
Forks Over Knives (DVD) (UK Release)
Dvd ~ Joey Aucoin
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A must watch, this film is life changing!, 18 Nov. 2014
What a fantastic documentary! If you're serious about the food you put in your body, have an illness or are just curious you'll really benefit from watching this film.

Polaroid Dual Grip Video Chest Stabilizer Support System For DSLR Cameras & Camcorders
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first rig., 18 Nov. 2014
I bought the dual grip version. It arrived with an awful smell of a petroleum glue from the handles & cleaning didn't work so replaced them with 3 quid bike grips (amazon) which I'd highly recommend doing. Camera plate is also rubbish but my Manfrotto one locks into the carrier fine. It's no Zacuto but very solid and I'd be surprised if you could get anything better for the money.

Tascam AK-DR11C Camera Accessory Kit for Handheld Recorders
Tascam AK-DR11C Camera Accessory Kit for Handheld Recorders
Offered by Absolute Music Solutions
Price: 40.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value little kit., 18 Nov. 2014
I bought this specifically for the cables as they're nearly £30 on their own anyway. It's a nice bonus to have the other accessories for my kit bag and they're all good quality, exactly what you'd expect from Tascam. The pouch is big enough to fit the cables inside as well so it's fairly neat and the windscreen although it moults a bit does a good job.

Sunoptic S045 Wayfarer Sunglasses Tortoiseshell One Size
Sunoptic S045 Wayfarer Sunglasses Tortoiseshell One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sunglasses for the money., 17 July 2014
I bought these as I was looking for a cheap but decent pair or wayfarer sunglasses to try out. I'd have to say for the money they are excellent value and the build quality is surprisingly good. I bought a pair of the Tortoiseshell and a pair in dark blue. The Tortoiseshell has a pretty premium finish, they don't look like cheap glasses. The blue ones still look good but definitely have a cheaper finish to them but I doubt you'd be able to tell unless you were up close.

A few people on here have had gripes about the size being too small. I'm 5"10 with an average size head and these fit me perfectly. For anyone who wants to know the measurements are 133mm between the inside legs of the glasses and 140mm between the outside legs. You can get the nose measurements from the Sunoptic website.

My only gripes and reason for the 4 rather than 5 star review are the finish of the blue set and I would have preferred the front of the glasses to be angled towards the face. On Ray Bans the bottom edge of the lenses are angled towards the face to give a slightly more aggressive look which I prefer. These sit flat to your face, that being said I can't really grumble at this price. Go get yourself a pair!

chinkyboo 5x Hard Plastic Case Holder Storage Box for AA / AAA Battery (Color send by random)
Offered by chinkyboo
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was after., 15 April 2014
I bought these as I carry lots of batteries for my camera gear. They're cheap but do the job really well. You can also clip the cases together for ease of storage. Very happy.

Wacom CS-100 Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Wacom CS-100 Bamboo Solo Stylus - Black
Offered by MP3PartsEurope
Price: 1.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but flawed., 15 April 2014
I bought the stylus after seeing all the reviews putting it at the top of the pile. It's really well made but when it comes to handwritten notes it's not that great to be honest. I use it on my nexus tablet and the nib is too wide to write notes without writing huge letters. Don't get me wrong it's great for drawing diagrams or doing artwork, just lacks that little bit of finess to do handwriting well. All in all I'm reasonably satisfied as the stylus was pretty cheap, I just probably had too high expectations.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, great price., 4 Mar. 2013
I bought this for professional use and was very happy that the light was up to the job. It's VERY bright without any diffusion material in front but putting it on a stand with a shoot through white umbrella softens the light enough to give a natural look. I shot all day with 6 high capacity AA rechargeables turning off the light in between changing subjects. The batteries lasted fine but I decided to get some NP-F550 batteries from ebay for future shoots as they last much longer.

Build quality of the unit is fairly good, it's relatively solid. It won't be as good as the pro units (I don't think it would survive a large drop) but for the money it's better than I expected. There's lots of accessories and attachments that come with the light, colour filters, light stand attachment, grip for hand held work and a soft carry bag.

I'm probably going to buy a second unit for two light setups. I'll either get this or it's big brother the YN-300 which is a bit more refined but is more expensive.

Overall this is a great little unit.

Page: 1 | 2