Profile for BSB2007 > Reviews

seguryy 12V ACU Middle Standard Flat Fuses Holder
seguryy 12V ACU Middle Standard Flat Fuses Holder
Offered by seguryy

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid very poor quality, 27 Aug. 2015
Not worth 1 star. The item I received was unusable. The blade length differed by 3.5 mm rendering the adapter unusable.
The item should never escaped QC. Very poor quality goods.
Comment Comment | Permalink

HitCar Car Vehicle Circuit Blade Style ATM APS ATT Low Profile Mini Fuse Holder Fuse Tap With 5AMP Fuse (Mini Size)
Offered by CZTrader

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior products, 27 Aug. 2015
Be careful these are inferior products. I returned mine as the contact differed in length by 3.5 mm rendering them unusable. Also one package arrived EMPTY. ZERO NO STAR RATING
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars DELL ULTRASHARP U2312HM versus ASUS AP238Q LCD IPS Monitors, 30 Jan. 2012
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor

I also have been looking at 23 and 24 inch monitors for some time.
From professional and user reviews, I narrowed down to two : the ASUS AP238Q and DELL 23 and 24 inch IPS monotors.

I ordered the ASUS. (Paying for delivery.) Taking it out of the box, it really looked the part but...that's about it.
Appearances can and do deceive.

The ASUS had the following faults.

1.Excessive light bleed in three corners and on three sides.
2.HDMI failed to function.
3.Software on CD in RAR format couldn't use the ASUS drivers - I know nothing about RAR files.ASUS's reasons for this
were ridiculous - anti virus.
4.Support from ASUS - dismissive almost to the point of non existence like its HDMI.

I returned the ASUS monitor as faulty, had my payment refunded but had to pay for return of a faulty product.I then
turned to look at the DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM.

After further research on suppliers, specs and prices I went direct to DELL - with free delivery. I ordered on a
Thursday evening it arrived Saturday morning - from BELGIUM via UPS. Superb service, the package could be tracked
all the way.
The DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM went together very easily - very well designed.
When connected and powered up, I was immediately shocked how superior it was to the ASUS AP238Q.

Because I needed a connected speaker system to illiminate my desktop speaker I also bought the DELL Soundbar.
The Soundbar, attaches to the lower edge of the screen and is simplicity itself producing good sound quality.
I do not play games or videos on my PC so I only need good audible signals, a leass cluttered desktop and occasional
audio sampling.

I have a DELL Inspiron 17inch Laptop and know DELL products to be well-designed and well-made.

Comparisons between the DELL U2312HM and the returned ASUS AP238Q ?

The DELL U2312hm wins by a wide margin. The DELL screen deserves the label 'ULTRASHARP' it is easier on the eyes with
higher brighteness levels than the ASUS. Like the ASUS the DELL has the flexibility of height and tilt adjustments, wide
viewing angles and a screen that swivels to the vertical position giving a longer document view but there the similarities end.

The DELL screen setup menu is perfect in my view. Press any button on lower right hand corner and and the full menu is displayed.
Navigate up or down with additional options clearly marked and accessible. All logically laid out and large enough for anyone to
navigate with ease. Why can't other manufacturers design like this?

The ASUS menu is another matter. The difference is remarkable. The ASUS menu is poor, archaic in appearance and difficult to use.

My DELL U2312HM complete with the soundbar cost me £211, from DELL with free delivery. That was marginally lower than the cost of
the ASUS which has no speakers and its non functioning HDMI made the earphone sytem unuseable.
So the DELL was the much better choice, why I ask myself, didn't make it my first and only choice? Still, even at 75 I live and learn.

I read the user reviews on this page and also professional reviews, but I rarely write them. However, such was the difference in
experience on this matter, I hope anyone facing the same decision making process may find this helps inh their decision, as other
readers views, helped me in mine.

BSB2007

Verdi / Puccini: Italian Album - Arias & Overtures
Verdi / Puccini: Italian Album - Arias & Overtures

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly outstanding tenor., 20 Jan. 2012
Listen everyone, Timothy Richards is an outstanding operatic tenor. This is not just a recording tenor who could not hold his own on the opera stage, he has been wowing Europe with his singing with the Dresden and Berlin Operas. I am certain all who buy it will all play it again and again - Tim Richards' singing is is simply astonishing. It has passion, power, but more than that it has purity and accuracy. No phoney stagey gasps for air here his singing is effortless and stunning.
The Verdi arias have the profundity the Pccini the lyrical beauty. I have compared Tim Richard's recording of 'Che Gelida Manina' with one of my own favourites Jussi Bjorling and even Gigli - he stand up against them. His 'Nessun Dorma is almost heart stopping. In Che Gelida Manina he really sounds he is in love with the object of his attention. One professional reviewer wrote that Richards sounds as though he really is serenading Mimi and not trying to deafen her. Such a beautiful track
The disc is produced by the DG label, a label that sticks faithfully to the composers' written works without phoney theatrical embellishments.
This is pure operatic singing without the phoney grunts and gasps resorted to by some.Tim Richard's ability to soar to the high notes with effortless power and style makes this a memorable CD and a joy.

I bought several copies, as gifts for friends and family. All were amazed Timothy Richards is not bmore widely known. However, you can remedy that, buy the disc, I highly recommend it. I am sure you will play it again and again.

The Minsk Orchestra is a little restrained but also lush, it consciously gives the stage to Richards - and after all, that is what this CD is about. The Minsk Orchestra do get three orchestra only tracks.
I hope Timothy Richards will perform in Britain or, at least release more recordings.

Finally - if you doubt this review, then believe your own ears, I am certain you will consider it one of the very best recent releases of operatic tenor arias. ( I am not usually given to extolling the virtues of anyone or anything.) There are more widely publicised young tenors but I have not heard a better one. I highly recommend this singer and his debut disc.
As a matter of interest before he realised his future was with opera he was a very promising young rugby player.

Try it , try it.

REFLECTA x6-TouchScan Scanner X6 TOUCHSCAN 64360 (Film scanners)
REFLECTA x6-TouchScan Scanner X6 TOUCHSCAN 64360 (Film scanners)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refecta x6-TouchScan, 12 Nov. 2011
There are many scanners in the market many identical to others with wide variation in price.
My price limit was £150. And there are many that fall within this price range.
Desk space is limited so a scanner that was not to big was a prerequisite.
I always take time to read reviews when they are available and was tempted by several.
However I noted that Refecta are a manufaturer specialising in this field and visited their website.
I am conscious that technology is moving on and saw the recently released Reflecta x6-TouchScan.

Foto-Palme of PIME in Germany offered a very good price at £127 delivered. Some price the same item at £180 and over
I had some reservations about what software to use with the x6-TouchScan but Foto-Palme informed me
that included was a basic editing package from ArcSoft but there were many others available including
very good freeware eg The Gimp. The Arcsoft software should be adequate for all but the most discerning photo enthusiasts.

I order with Foto-Palme on 8th November it arrived at 11 am on the 11th November by 4 pm I had set it up
and scanned 150 slides. Job done.
I reelly never expected it to be so quick.35mm slides negatives and 110mm negatives are placed into the holder and
pushed into the scanner. Positioning is easy with a positive click (it is faint) but minor positional adjustments
can be made. Scanning three slides at a time takes about 10 seconds placing the slides in the holder abou 20 to 30 seconds.
Instuctions are made via a Touch Screen Display - very simple. My advice would be read and or print off the PDF manual
and read it first. It is brief but fully explanatory -with a few oddities of text layout due to space restrictions.
I dont understand that clarity of manuals should not be scarificed due to space limitation. But, the manual is reasonably
good I can see no other problems.

I have had the X6-TouchScan less than 24 hours and have completed the task if purchased it for.
It is simple, well made, not unattractive samll and works very well. Size Width 115, Length 145, Height 120.it is also
very light in weight though not in the least flimsy. Some have reported slide and file holders on other scanners as flimsy
I did not find the X6-TouchScan holders so. They are lightwieght and slender - they have to be.You will soon adapt to the
opening and closing of them - again reference to the manual is a help here also.

In short I ma happy with the purchase and Foto-Palme were first class, ordered and delivered from Germany inside 3 days.