Profile for johndt > Reviews

eSecure High Speed USB Card Reader for Digital Memory Cards Wide Compatibility
eSecure High Speed USB Card Reader for Digital Memory Cards Wide Compatibility
Offered by DOMU Marketplace

3.0 out of 5 stars careful with slot and CF cards, 18 April 2012
Another cheap product for the price. Data exchange rate is superb, just the performance increase I was looking for. The thing to watch is if you use CF cards, it's very easy to insert slightly askew and damage the pins. So I have to be carefull everytime I use this item.
You may say well you have to be carefull anyway, well I have the same slot on my camera and the engineering that went on to the slide is clearly much better.

Thanks

PLAYSTATION 3 DUAL SHOCK WIRED CONTROLLER for PS3 (Non Official) By Micro Gadget

2.0 out of 5 stars response poor, 18 April 2012
I bought this as a cheap and nasty additon just in case of failure of my wireless units. Not used too much but, the cable is weak, has split and won't last too much longer. Button response is very poor, but it is cheap.

I don't think it was the right thing to buy in the end.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality Store Service Very Poor (battery fail), 18 April 2012
Right, I'm livid as I purchased this item as a gift just before xmas, no know the rush at xmas eve. Well the units functioned well as per all the great reviews you can read above till end of March, where the battery would not hold charge. No problem, contacted QS who asked for the unit to be returned, which it was in its prestine condition together with its prestine packaging. Less that 5 days later I received a replacement item that was not my repaired item and NOT NEW either. In fact the back had deep scratches and dirt marks, and even a memory card still inserted (have you lost one). My messages to QS now go unanswered. Ive contacted Amazon and awaiting what they will say. Trading standard has advised asking for my money back which I have, but customer service from QS has been abysmal.

I must admit I did read the reviews before purchase but of course none of these one star items existed back in Dec 2011. The unit was fine even at the price at the time, but I guess we all hope never to use the organisations customer services.

Here's your warning if you intend buying one of these items.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Performance, 8 April 2012
I got this unit to give me the audio output to power my bass woofer on my Sony Bravia TV that now has no audio output other than the poor quality TV speakers. Worked a treat, with a three metre optic cable the unit sits near the bass speaker and I've connected the speaker and unit to both be switched on together.

Noise is very low and there's is no lag noticed as described by other reviews that I have read.

The unit looks very well engineered and gives a sense of value for money when compared to other similar devices. I went for this product rather than the cheaper ones only because I've been bitten by cheap products in the past. This unit is mid-priced you'll find yes there's much cheaper (at 10 pounds) and much more expencive (at 60-200 pounds). So far so good!

2 Full Sets + 2 Extra Black.... 481-486 x 14 Compatible High Capacity Ink Cartridges, Fits Epson Stylus Photo Printers R200, R220, R300, R320, R340, RX500, RX600, RX620, ..481 x4, 482 x 2, 483 x 2, 484 x 2, 485 x 2, 486 x 2
Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

3.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Inks, 24 July 2011
Despatch and arriaval was superb.
Costs, when compared to other alternatives are very good too, let alone compare to the real thing.
Sometimes several attempts at getting the printer to recognise that these babies have been inserted can lead to a little frustration.
Once going, prints are satisfactory and lean towards the pale, washedout side (only slightly).
Value for money (when compared) is great. Although they don't appear to last too long...but that might be the kids.

Overall, a good buy, but not the magazine publisiing quality at the end of the day :)
I would buy again.

Hama Studio Umbrella
Hama Studio Umbrella

2.0 out of 5 stars Just an umbrella, 5 July 2011
This review is from: Hama Studio Umbrella (Camera)
Well it arrived and indeed I went for this the more pricey product that the cheaper based on comments & reviews for the other products indicating how cheap they were. Well this one is no different. At the end of the day this is like a kiddies umbrella that usually go for around a fiver at the market stalls. I tried looking for one too. Aside from that it does what it says on the can. Oh! you do get the adaptop which is a good solid product.

Samsung ES15 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life, 29 April 2011
Pro:
- good quality images
- plenty of functionality
- nice size and looker

Cons:
- battery
- battery
- battery
I've tried both rechargeable and ordinary and this baby eats them up. Now that I know this I probably would not have bought it.

Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack
Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality - Meets requirements, 29 April 2011
Well, I needed a pack that would have all my gear on field trips. This bag at a value price met the requirements. I was able to fully load it and have space for more gear (means I can buy the other lens, which we always have on our shopping list). The zips work very well and there are entry of them, pockets galore. It takes a laptop too, although I use it for papers and a tablet pc. The best part is the strap system that makes this bag very comfortable when fully loaded.

I give it four stars on the basis that it could be improved with wheels and a harder case (which is another in the company range but at a silly rice when compared to this one).

Lowepro Apex 5AW Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Lowepro Apex 5AW Digital Camera Pouch - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Slick Design, 29 Dec. 2009
The unit is superb as a recommended case for the Samsung camera. It's a good looker and well protected all around. Pulling the camera out is a bit of a task so care is needed not to drop, but once you get the hang of it you'll love it.

Hoya 52mm Circular Polarising Filter
Hoya 52mm Circular Polarising Filter
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK VAT

2.0 out of 5 stars Hoya Filter Description WRONG, 4 Oct. 2009
If your familiar with Hoya then this lens is of the quality you expect from them. I got no flares and the filter works without causing any noticable distortion to images. I use a Canon 5D outdoors and this baby works fine. You don't get a Silver one as described here so Amazon have a black version slightly cheaper which is in fact the same thing sent to you. I complained to them but got the usual run-around we seem to get with companies these days. For the small amount I didn't pursue to the end (as I would normally). So my advice is DO NOT BUY this one, but get the CHEAPER one being advertised as it's THE SAME

Page: 1 | 2