Profile for Robogirl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
One Day Longer Than Forever
One Day Longer Than Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars So romantic!, 27 Nov. 2014
Such a lovely book. I can't fault it. It's very romantic and heartwarming.

If I Were A Boy
If I Were A Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Spicy, love-against-the-odds story, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: If I Were A Boy (Kindle Edition)
4.5 stars out of 5

I really enjoyed reading this book. There are really two parts to the story. The first being the vacation where Helen and Katie go with their respective husbands, then meet and become good friends...and eventually lovers. I love this first part as there's some real steamy scenes with them where they have to be very careful that no one finds out about their growing affection for each other. The second part is focused after the vacation ends and what each of their lives entails in reality and how they can combat the issues they face so they can be together.

Although I did love this book, I've had to knock half a star off because of some of the events which take place seem slightly unbelievable, or if they did happen, rather the characters are so wrapped up in themselves that any significant event that took place is felt only fleetingly. However, I'd still recommend this highly.

A Risky Christmas
A Risky Christmas

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother..., 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: A Risky Christmas (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes, if I take a chance and read a book and I don't enjoy it too much, I won't always write a review and will just move on and forget it. In this case, this story is so TERRIBLE I feel duty bound to advise anyone wanting to make the inadvertent mistake I did and download it!

It's nothing like the synopsis, and the story is so ridiculous it's laughable. Even if you do manage to drag yourself through it until the end (I want 40 minutes of my life back please) don't expect any kind of payoff.
0 out of 5 stars If I could!

Waking Forever (Waking Forever Series Book 1)
Waking Forever (Waking Forever Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure, 19 Nov. 2014
Loved this book, didn't want it to end. It's a nice long read, which makes a change from many of the short lesbian romances out there. The story is different from any others that I have read, and although it may be seen as similar to the Twilight series of books by some (Twilight is also brought up in the book itself, I think as more of tongue-in-cheek moment by the author) I didn't really make the comparison. For one, this is directed towards adults, and not young kids. The author uses great language and descriptions, and I really felt like I was there at times. I also very much cared about the two main characters, and felt many emotions for them at different points. I will say that there were a couple of times I questioned some decisions made by the characters, but that's me analysing details. This didn't take me away from the beauty of the story itself.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. However, I have discovered that it doesn't lead on from this book, which has slightly disappointed me, purely because I loved this one so much!

Unavailable (Lesbian Romance) (Justified Affair Series Book 1)
Unavailable (Lesbian Romance) (Justified Affair Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 23 Oct. 2014
Loved it, but should have lasted longer!

Girl Next Door
Girl Next Door

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok if you want something VERY light, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Girl Next Door (Kindle Edition)
This book left me feeling quite disappointed. I've read loads of books from this genre, and although there seemed to be a slow tentative build-up, don't expect any reward at the end. On the plus side, the story was slightly heartwarming, but it could have had so much more potential. The author seems to like spending copious amounts of time on scenes and details that add very little to the overall story, when this time could have better been spent on more interesting parts. I probably wouldn't read anything by this author again to be honest.

Drawn By Desire: Blueprint For Love: Book-2
Drawn By Desire: Blueprint For Love: Book-2

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 Oct. 2014
This is the second instalment of Kelsey's and Ashlee's hot love affair. You won't be disappointed.

Hers By Design: Blueprint For Love: Book-1
Hers By Design: Blueprint For Love: Book-1

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 Oct. 2014
I love this book. It's such a good fantasy to get lost in. The sex scenes are steamy as anything! My only grumble is that it's rather short...I wished it would go on forever! However, there are 2 other books to complete the tale, but this is something with so much potential to be drawn out for ages.

Blue High Quality Collapsible Set of 2 Plastic Dog Cat Pet Feeder Feeding Bowl Dish

2.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's purpose, 3 Feb. 2014
It's an OK price for what it is, it does look a bit cheap though, but I refuse to pay £20+ for a better looking one. Gets dirty quickly, and after having them a couple of months, I've found that using one of the bowls for water seems to attract mold on the side of the bowl. They also don't clean up very well in a dishwasher, so it's better to hand wash them.

Winter Jacket (Winter Jacket Series Book 1)
Winter Jacket (Winter Jacket Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Feb. 2014
I really loved this book. I spent a good few days reading it, mainly because I didn't want it to end! It's definitely a worthy contribution to this genre, and highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8