Profile for Miranda > Reviews

Fantastic oil!

Pacha: 10 Years of the Funkyroom
Pacha: 10 Years of the Funkyroom

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic, 17 Feb. 2012
I'm a true music lover/collector and have at least 2.000 cds and can frankly say that this
one of the best, speaking of compilations.
Truly funky and soulful,heard the version of Sade's "By your side" in a music store and I had to ask what kind of incredible album that was,and then I ordered it right away.
I'm quite surprised that this is the first review. Buy it now if you are into funk,house and soul!

Real Ibiza Vol.2
Real Ibiza Vol.2
Offered by Smaller World Future

4.0 out of 5 stars Ibiza dreaming, 10 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Real Ibiza Vol.2 (Audio CD)
I can just agree with the first review!
The music is so great on the first disc that you can bother with a little less interesting
second disc.I love this,there is not really much to add,have a listen yourself.

Quel Bordel
Quel Bordel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful.., 25 May 2010
This review is from: Quel Bordel (Audio CD)
The well-known Swedish musician Christian Falk has made a great work here.
Together with singers like Robyn, Neneh Cherry and a fantastic Demetreus "Make it right"! Maybe my favourite..
It is so smooth and tight.I played the album almost every day when new,and I just had to get another fresh copy.
Never boring! Get it.

The Masters Series: Mellow Groove Vol.2
The Masters Series: Mellow Groove Vol.2
Offered by THE READERZ3 WAREHOUSE - From the edge of The New Forest, England

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow soul, 9 Jan. 2010
This is just one lovely compilation.
If you are into any kind of sweet, mellow soul kind of music this one is for you.
I would like to say I'm a picky person when it comes to music,I don't swallow anything, but this one I loved from the first moment.I really fancy "Here we go again",which I never heard before.So romantic..
You will not be let down,buy it!

We Are the People
We Are the People

5.0 out of 5 stars Very retro.., 22 Oct. 2009
This review is from: We Are the People (MP3 Download)
This is a perfect floorfiller!
The sound reminds one of the 80ties,a good melody,the groove.It is quite
nostalgic as someone already wrote.But first of all,it is the nr one groove hit of 2009!

KOOP ISLANDS
KOOP ISLANDS
Offered by Muzikwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Swedish summer, 18 Feb. 2009
This review is from: KOOP ISLANDS (Audio CD)
Koop and certainly this album Koop Islands is a masterwork.A Swedish friend gave it to me as a gift when it was brand new.I could say I overplayed it for many months! It's acompliment,as I'm the kind of person who "wears out" music and gets easily bored.There is not a dull track! It's Swedish summer (August,with warm breezes)and it brings a huge happiness.Many friends wanted copies and fell in love with this perfect album.My personal favourites are "Come to me now","I see a different you" (almost bossanova) and "Let's elope" and "The moonbounce".No, really I can't choose..Buy it!

Under The Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy
Under The Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy
by Frances Mayes

3.0 out of 5 stars Tuscany to be seen.., 3 Feb. 2009
Someone wrote that se's smug.Exactly what I thought myself.The typical American career woman that just brags about her success.I saw the film with Diane Lane after reading the book,and I rarely fancy a movie more than a book.But, in this case,the film shows the beautiful landscape,not only from Tuscany but from Rome and Amalfi..And it's sad too.There is some lack of humour in the book.Too American,maybe.Without that necessary distance to create interest.I also live in Florence,Tuscany and do understand her overwhelming happiness finding a house in this landscape..
If you still want to read the book,see the film aswell. Miranda
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2010 10:23 AM GMT

Mahogany Soul
Mahogany Soul
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs.Soul, 29 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Mahogany Soul (Audio CD)
If you are a soul lover,do yourself a favour and buy this album.
This is one of the albums that never goes out of style.Angie's voice is so unique and there's not one bad track here.After five years I'm still listening to this and it might be her greatest album ever.

The Very Best of George Benson: The Greatest Hits Of All
The Very Best of George Benson: The Greatest Hits Of All
Offered by Media Vortex

5.0 out of 5 stars The return of Mr.Benson!, 18 Nov. 2008
I once had Bensons'Greatest Hits and listened to the album over and over again..Then I gave it to a man I loved, cause he loved him aswell.
That love is gone now, but my love for Mr.Benson is as srong as ever.
This cd holds all the songs I've once had,eccept one(Living inside your love)That's fair enough.
Beautiful,don't hesitate to buy it if you want a complete album!
Miranda