Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for A D. Pate > Reviews

Content by A D. Pate

A D. Pate (England, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Beurer PM25 Award Winning Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Beurer PM25 Award Winning Heart Rate Monitor Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes A While To Get Going, 22 Mar. 2013
This is a great watch and does exactly what it says on the tin.
However, I have found that it takes quite a while to pick up your bpm. I am usually about 20 minutes into a workout when it starts recording data. Usually speeds up the process if you're arm is a bit sweaty before you put it on.

Rock of Ages
Rock of Ages

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Renditions, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Rock of Ages (MP3 Download)
Brilliant renditions of much loved 80s anthems. The arrangements are brilliant and some give a new meaning to the lyrics (such as when Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is is sang as a duet). The mash ups (mixing two songs together) are genius too, they blend perfectly. And who know Tom Cruise had a voice like that?!

Diabetes Diet: The 101 Best Diabetic Foods
Diabetes Diet: The 101 Best Diabetic Foods

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 15 July 2012
I'm not sure what I expected with this book. But it turned out to be a let down. It was literally a list of things that diabetics can eat. I suppose I was expecting meals, or things I could snack on. About 30 of the items were different varieties of nut and 20 or so herbs/spices. I wouldn't bother buying it.

Handmade Music Factory
Handmade Music Factory
by guitarist. Michael Orr

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Handmade Music Factory (Paperback)
Of all of the books that I've read about the topic (quite a few), this one is by far the best. If you want to begin making your own instruments, then this is by far the best place to start. I bought it so I could learn how to make a decent cigar box guitar and the book explains how to do that with easy to follow instructions and detailed colour photographs. It also instructs you on how to make many other instruments, from a simple stomp box to a make shift double bass. Great book.

Original Album Classics [Audio CD] Johnny Winter
Original Album Classics [Audio CD] Johnny Winter

4.0 out of 5 stars The not so legendary bluesman, 16 Aug. 2011
I have no idea how the 'Original Album Classics' series isn't more popular, or at least more well known. Its ridiculously cheap, less than £3 an album!!!

The Johnny Winter collection contains the following albums:
Johnny Winter
Second Winter
Saints And Sinners
Still Alive And Well
Live

They amount to a brilliant collection of Winter's songs and talents.
A great introduction to his music that I aim to take further with more of his albums.
It's a shame he isn't as well known as he should be. What a guitar player!

The only downside is the packaging, the CDs come in individual cardboard sleeves which are all in a cardboard Johnny Winter box and the albums keep sliding out which is abit annoying. Other than that, a great collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2015 6:50 PM BST

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 July 2011
Just a short review:

Thought I might be a bit of a purist when it came. Thought I might neglect it as i craved the feel and smell of a real book. Not at all. I haven't looked back. It stores 3,500 books (yet to be tested) which will save LOADS of space in my house. I have had mine for about three weeks now, using it 1-2 hours per day and haven't had to charge it yet.

They aren't lying when they say it takes less that 60 seconds to download a book. And there are thousands of free ones to choose from.

There is zero glare from sunlight and the whole thing is about the size of a normal book. You can change the size of text, look words in the dictionary and even browse the internet (something I didn't know about until I purchased it).

Next day delivery too! It's amazing! The only downfall I would state is the price of the covers/cases. But cheaper ones are available on ebay.

Weller Woodburning and Hobbyists Kit
Weller Woodburning and Hobbyists Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 21 July 2011
Surprising quality for the price. Ideal for a beginner (as I was when I bought this). I've used it a number of times and it is a brilliant tool. There are different tips for varying uses including a calligraphy tip and a shading tip. So it can be used for simply writing on wood, or creating intricate and detailed images. Would definitely recommend. Bargain!

Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of The Beatles
Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of The Beatles
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beatles... For Babies!, 21 July 2011
What an amazing idea! Get the little ones introduced to good music early, in a way that soothes them. It is a traditional lullaby sound (xylophones and mellotrons), providing gentle versions of well known songs. Would definitely recommend as a gift for friends who have new borns. I'm looking forward to their versions of some other bands.

OCTOVO Solis LED Reading Light for most 6" e-Reader eBook (Fits Amazon Kindle, Kindle Touch, New Kindle, Kindle Keyboard, Nook Touch, Kobo, Sony eReader)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 21 July 2011
Brilliant little gadget. It sits on the top of the kindle, (nothing fiddly, it just slides on) and illuminates the whole screen and keyboard. It gives off a white light, no screen glare. I use the Amazon Kindle Cover and it works fine with that. I have read that it workes with other covers/cases too. It takes one AA battery and you swivel the top half over your kindle to switch it on. Definitely better than one of the goose neck lights that I used to have. It sits still, doesn't slide or more and the angle enables visibility over the entire kindle, but not enough to wake your partner. Perfect.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, 10 July 2011
Excellent little knife. I've had a number of cheaper swiss army knives before. This is the first Victorinox though. You can feel the quality of the tool when you hold it. The blades come razor sharp - I mean i actually shaved some hair off my arm with them, straight out of the box.

Couldnt ask for more, really. I just wish i got one sooner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6