Profile for phil spencer > Reviews

Content by phil spencer

phil spencer

Commando: Deadly Seas: Six of the Best Commando Navy Books Ever! (Commando for Action and Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling cheated, 8 Sept. 2013
Whilst appreciating the publication of what I thought was more of this wonderful series, I was terribly disappointed to find that this was merely a rehash of previously published material. I felt cheated to discover that all 4 books contained stories that had already been featured in "The Dirty Dozen" and "True Brit" anthologies.
There are thousands of Commando stories to choose from and surely the publishers could have used some of these rather than foisting this on an unsuspecting public. I don't remember seeing any mention of them being re-issues.

I don't feel that this book and its companion volumes can be recommended at all. If you alread have "The Dirty Dozen" and "True Brit" then don't bother with these.

Commando: Marching to Glory: Six of the Best Commando Army Books Ever! (Commando for Action and Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling cheated, 8 Sept. 2013

Commando: Heroes Fly High!: Six of the Best Commando RAF Books Ever! (Commando for Action and Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling cheated, 8 Sept. 2013

Commando: Rampaging Raiders!: Six of the Best Commando Mission Comic Books Ever! (Commando for Action and Adventure)

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling Cheated, 8 Sept. 2013
Whilst appreaciating the publication of what I thought was more of this wonderful series, I was terribly disappointed to find that this was merely a rehash of previously published material. I felt cheated to discover that all 4 books contained stories that had already been featured in "The Dirty Dozen" and "True Brit" anthologies.

The Goon Show, Series 4, Part 1 (The Golden Age of BBC Radio Comedy)
The Goon Show, Series 4, Part 1 (The Golden Age of BBC Radio Comedy)
by Spike Milligan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good quality, 20 Aug. 2013
Considering the technology currently available for clean up of sound quality, this is unacceptable. It sounds like no attempt was made and the original low quality tracks were simply stuck on cd and released.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2016 10:46 PM GMT

6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
6 X Lcd Screen Protector For Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace
Offered by GNWE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 20 Aug. 2013
Does exactly what it says on the packet. Easy to apply, easy to remove when necessry. Highly recommended and great value for money

Just a Classic Minute: Vol. 1 (Radio Collection): v. 1
Just a Classic Minute: Vol. 1 (Radio Collection): v. 1
by Nicholas Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 20 Aug. 2013
Classic, timeless comedy. It just doesn't get any better than this. Highly recommended if you're feeling like a good old fashioned belly laugh

Just A Minute: The Classic Collection: 22 Original BBC Radio 4 Episodes
Just A Minute: The Classic Collection: 22 Original BBC Radio 4 Episodes
by BBC

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 20 Aug. 2013
I haven't laughed out loud so much for ages. Thoroughly recommended. I just wish I could give it 6 stars!

McLevy: For Unto Us and the Trophy Club (Radio Crimes)
McLevy: For Unto Us and the Trophy Club (Radio Crimes)
by David Ashton

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 20 Aug. 2013
I first came across these in a bargain bookshop and I must say they are quite wonderful! The stories are funny, quaint and quite enthralling. The actors surpass themselves and I'll be getting more of them. Pity there's so few in the series.

The Goon Show Compendium, Vol. 1, Series 5, Part 1: v. 1
The Goon Show Compendium, Vol. 1, Series 5, Part 1: v. 1
by Spike Milligan

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 20 Aug. 2013
I bought this as I don't have a couple of the recordings in any other format. However, I was very disappointed in the quality of many of the recordings. I don't mean the fact that many of them are very old, rehashed, made up from existing bits etc. I have 20 year old cassette versions of a few of these shows that are better quality. You'd think with all of the available technology, they could have made a better job of this. I have transferred some of my old BBC cassettes to CD, and the quality is better than some of these.
I would only recommend this if you can't get a copy of any of the recordings any other way