Profile for Derna Fearon > Reviews

Content by Derna Fearon

Derna Fearon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Stella's Awakening (Stella Series Book 1)
Stella's Awakening (Stella Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy, emotional and thought-provoking read., 25 Sept. 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

When Stella Welsch meets sexy, and alluring Conrad Adams the attraction is instant there is something about him. Stella knows that she should stay away from him, but the temptation to get to know Conrad to experience new things with him is too high. The more Stella gets to know Conrad and has a taste of thing that he has to offer her, some of which to her have always been forbidden. Stella soon realizes that she has a choice to make does she listen to the voice in her head or does she listen to her heart and change her life forever.

“This man I have known for a millisecond has grabbed my attention, and he’s not letting me go.”

Stella's Awakening by RK Ryde was interesting, sexy, hot, and emotional and thought-provoking read. I went into this book knowing very little, and after the first few chapters I knew I wanted to read more. I wanted to know more about Stella. Some of the things she said made me think there is more to her that meets the eye, and there was! And it was something that I wasn’t expecting. It was then I understand why she was reluctant at first to get too close to Conrad.

“The more I’m with this electric man, the more I desire him. My self-control and conviction deteriorated with each contact, with every kiss. I’m hanging by the tiniest of threads, the possibility of it snapping, increasing by the second.”

I do love my Alpha men and Conrad is all alpha. He is not entirely an open book he has a past of his own, which I’m sure we will learn more about as the series develops. Conrad knows what he likes and what he wants and what he wants and likes is Stella. I love his sexy dominant side, but I also love seeing his compassionate side with Stella as he learns more about her, her past, and the consequences she will face her because of their relationship.

"There’s something about you Stella, an air, a grace. From the moment I saw you on the corner at Tiffany’s, I knew I had to meet you, to talk to you. If I’d have known, I would have never pursued you.”

I like Stella and Conrad individually, and together. They had great chemistry. I loved the sex scenes I felt they were well written and hot. I there was a good balance during the story. Stella and Conrad connection was strong, and the pull that they felt was even stronger.

“If this is corruption, then bring it on! I loved corruption. I can’t get enough of it. I’m addicted. “

There is a religious element of the story, so this book isn't going to be for everyone, but that being said I wouldn't let that stop you from reading this book. It was that aspect of the story was thought provoking and intriguing for me, as there were things I knew but so much I didn’t. It was a real eye-opener. RK Ryde does not pushing it on what she does do and do it well. She gives you both sides if this aspect, a different perspective. That in turn allowed me to understand the conflict that Stella is going through as you learn more her and her about her past

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there, wasn’t able to take your pain away.” His eyes search mine. “But I’m here for you now. Stella, let me be here for you.”

Overall, I really enjoyed this story Stella's Awakening is RK Ryde debut novel, and I was impressed. I liked her writing style, engaging and passionate from the start. It was a well-written story about trust, family, sacrifices, honesty, finding the courage to live the life you want to live, being true to yourself and following your heart. The book does end on a cliffhanger and therefore Stella, and Conrad’s story is far from over and I can’t wait to read more.
If you looking for a sexy, emotional read then I would recommend that you give this one a go!

Sweet Obsession (Sweet Addiction Book 3)
Sweet Obsession (Sweet Addiction Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah!! I loved this one. Mason is so lush., 23 Sept. 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Sweet Obsession is the third in the Sweet Addiction series by J Daniels. I was excited to start Brooke Wicks story. I wasn’t a fan of hers after reading book one, but by the end of book 2 I had warmed to her and now after book 3 I love her.

"Love is a madness I will willingly accept if he's the one pulling me under”

Brooke likes the no-strings approach. Happy to have so fun and quick fling and then move on. No one has ever made her want more until she meets sexy Hot Yoga teacher Mason King. Mason was hooked from the first the moment he set eyes on Brooke he wants more than just fun, more than just a quick fling with no strings. He wants all of her! And he will pull out all the stops to show her that the “more” he is offering is the “more” that she wants to.

“I see you Brooke”……..“I want everything”

“I want him to distract me so I'm not completely terrified of what this is or what it's becoming. I don't want to think. I just want to feel. His hands. His mouth. The wild pace of his heart."

All I can say is you will love Mason King he has a heart of gold, and he has an accent and oh boy do I love an accent. He has those alpha qualities, but they are a little softer, and I like that about him. Love the way he makes Brooke feel, the way he wants to see the real her. The chemistry between Brooke and Mason is undeniable; Mason’s attraction to her is deep and their banter flirty, sexy, dirty, funny, and heartfelt.

“You are loved, Brooke Wicks. My adoration for you is endless”

"I want to absorb him, every flavor of Mason. His sweetness and his ferocity. The gentle planes and sharp, savage angles of his passion”

It was great catching up with Dylan, Reese, Juls, Ian, Joey and Billy. They are a great bunch. Getting an extra bit of Joey was a lovely surprise, and I loved seeing how his relationship with Brook has changed so much.

Overall did I love this book yeah, I did. J Daniels with Her fabulous writing has done it again. She pulled me in from the beginning and hooked me right till the end. Sweet Obsession has a great blend of sweet, sexy, funny, drama and angst moments. I smiled, laughed, swooned, and got teary. Love what J Daniels did with Brooke’s character she has matured so much from the first book and we get to see the real her.

Sweet Obsession could be read as a standalone, but you would be crazy not to read the first two books in the series, as both are great. You really should learn about and fall in love with the rest of the characters that are in this great series. So treat yourself to all three books now! You will not be disappointed.

“I’m Yours. My body, my soul. All of my time is yours”

Knight (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 1)
Knight (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars **4.5 Stars** Oh Knight! <3 <3, 11 Sept. 2015
Hot on the heels of finishing Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick series I moved on to the Unfinished Hero series and I was excited to start listening to this one. Oh wow! Having spent the last two days listening Knight all I can say is I couldn’t get enough of Knight Sebring. Just like Anya Gage I was hooked.

Knight is a whole lot of hotness. He’s a bad boy, gorgeous, alpha, dominant, protective, brooding, generous, controlling, and powerful. And oh does he know how to make a lady happy in every way ;) He’s someone at first glance you don’t think you are going to like and then he does something and you know that regardless of some of his questionable activities his heart is in the right place, especially when it come to Anya Gage

I adored Anya her with all that she had been through I admired her attitude toward life. She was someone I would love to have as a BFF. Knight and Anya have great connection, chemistry, and especially passion together. The relationship that they developed together is sincere and heartfelt. And lets not forget their sex scenes they were burning hot! My heart rate went up many times!

The only thing I will say that was a …“Well okay then moment for me. The use of word that Knight asks Anya to call him sometimes. It didn’t sit well with me when I first heard it, by the end I still didn’t love it but I did get use to it.

With the great plot, amazing storytelling, interesting characters and a delightful epilogue, which I had to listen to twice Knight was another satisfying fix in my KA addiction. I loved how descriptive KA writing is as I could just picture every scene.

Excellent start to the series and can’t wait to start listening to Creed.

Sweet Possession (Sweet Addiction Book 2)
Sweet Possession (Sweet Addiction Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Sept. 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Sweet Possession is the second in the Sweet Addiction series by J Daniels. I was looking forward to spending a lazy day reading this one and catching up with Dylan Sparks and Reese Carroll as they prepare for their wedding and battle all the drama and stress that goes with it. I do love a good wedding!!

I will be honest, I did wonder if they need another book, as I was worried that it was just going to be more drama and more miscommunication. But I was so wrong as it was much more yes, there was drama, but it was just the right amount. I’m so glad that J Daniels gave them another book I loved seeing them together as a couple, the way they supported each other. Seeing how much they mean to each other. Their relationship was sexy, cute, funny, honest, a whole lot of hotness and sincere.

“You were always meant to be mine. Even before I knew it”

I loved seeing how much Reese and Dylan had grown as a couple, especially Dylan she did annoy me a little in the first book with some of her actions but in this one I loved her. I like how she took ownership of her past actions as how close she came to losing him because of them. Dylan now knows that Reese is it for her, he is her future, and he is her world.

“I do need him. I always need him. How I ever managed to convince myself otherwise is beyond me. I was complete a fool for ever denying my feelings for him”

I loved Reese in the first book, but in this one he stole my heart with his dirty talking, dirty texting and dirty letter writing. This man is just so lush so alpha and so super sexy. Everything he does for Dylan to show her she was his world just made me swoon. It wasn’t just the big things it was also the little things. He showed her that actions are just as important as words, and I loved that.

I will never regret how I fell in love with Reese. I can’t. Every single second of it was worth it because it led us to this.

Sweet Possession was funny, sexy, romantic and addictive read. It was well written, and well paced. J Daniels with her superb writing had me smiling, laughing, swooning, and getting teary. Oh and let’s not forget the sex scenes oh wow HOT HOT HOT!!! They had me fanning myself. The supporting characters Joey and Juls were great yet again and like I said last time just adored their friendship; it was so funny and genuine. And I’m even Brooke has grown on me and I’m looking forward to reading her book.

I loved every bit of this book and the epilogue was super special. I recommend you one click today.

Rock Chick Revolution
Rock Chick Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ending to the series, 4 Sept. 2015
Well, the time has come to write my final rock chick review and a little over 24 hours after finishing Rock Chick Revolution I'm still feeling emotional.

Ally was a nightingale and a rock chick through and through, and she deserved her very own hot guy. Loved her sassy, confidence and take no s*** attitude. And Ren Zano was another hot man with an accent who has a way with words. This alpha man loved his lady wasn't afraid to show it! I loved Ally Nightingale & Ren Zano’s story; it was maybe not as action packed as the others, but I didn't care it was the little things that I loved. It was a lovely end to the series with a great epilogue that just left me grinning with happy tears.

I can't tell you have much I have loved this series, and it’s a bittersweet feeling that I have now. Because although I'm sad the series is over, I happy with the way everything played out for the Rock Chicks, their hot bunch and their family and friends.

I have to say the summer of 2015 I will always remember as the summer I fell in love with Kristen Ashley. Her writing, the rock chicks and the hot bunch have given me enormous pleasure. I know I said at the start of the series I'm late to the table when it comes to reading a KA book. But as they say, “better late than never” and it fairly safe to say just like many of my book-loving friends my obsession with KA has begun.

One point I would like to add is that I listen to the whole of the Rock Chick series via Audible. And I have to say the narrator Susanna Jones did an amazing job of putting emotions and voices to KA’s characters. I have always been nervous about listening to an audio book in case I didn't like the voice. But after listening to Susanna narrator the first Rock Chick book, I just knew that without a doubt that I would be not be reading but listening to the rest of the series. I just loved the way she did some of the voices especially Tex his was just perfect.

Now it's decision time, as I need to decide what series will I listen to next? It’s a choice between the Burgs and the Unfinished Hero series as both are sitting on my audible account just waiting for me to hit play!!

“Fairytales come true”

The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice Series Book 1)
The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves Aubrey & Beckett's story. Cute fun easy read., 1 Sept. 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

The Aubrey Rules! By Aven Ellis. The first book in the Chicago on Ice Series and is Audrey Paige and Beckett Riley’s story. Aven Ellis is one of go to author when I looking for a fun easy romance story.

The Derna Rules to live by when reading a good romance book.

#1 It must have a good storyline
Audrey Paige lives by rules these are rules that she has written to guide her on everything that she does in her day-to-day life. She sticks to them no matter what! But when Audrey meets Beckett Riley a cute shy hockey player Aubrey soon realises that some rules are made to be broken or if not broken then slightly amended.

**Note** I loved this storyline just perfect for an afternoon when all you want to do is snuggle on the sofa and read.

**Amendment** There is a very high percentage that my rules are not going to be broken by Aven Ellis

#2 It must have likeable characters
Aubrey is sweet, funny, independent, sassy and loves to talk. Her rules are fun to read, and I loved when she is with Beckett her talking goes into overdrive, and her mouth has no filter. Beckett is honestly a nice bloke, he’s sexy and come across is a little shy. He can be awkward, nervous and serious at times, especially when it comes to social media. However, under that nervous exterior there is a guy with a smart ass with great sense who is thoughtful and kind.

**Note** There were some likeable supporting characters. Livy and Landy are wonderful just like me Livy is a fan of Kale Chips

**Amendment** Okay, some supporting characters I may want to punch! Audrey’s boss Mallory Slone is a cow!!!

#3 The characters must have chemistry
Aubrey and Beckett are adorable together and have great chemistry. Their relationship, it's fun, cute and entertaining to watch. Their banter is very funny, and I loved the way they tease each other. Beckett genuinely interested in everything Aubrey she does, he wants to know what's going on in her head even if it's crazy. Aubrey helps Beckett loosen up and shows him the he is loveable just the way he is. They work well together, and bring out the best in each other.

**Note** You will fall in love with these characters they are perfect together.

#4 It must have a good mix of romance, angst and entertainment to keep things interesting.
The book flows well. Loved that Aven’s adds Audrey’s rules at the start of the chapters, and her updates and revised notes and amendments as she gets to know Beckett. The storyline is low drama and angst there are a few issues involving, jealousy, insecurities, and misunderstandings, but it doesn’t last for chapters. The romance factor is high there are some swoon-worthily moments.

**Note** Aven knows how to write great romance

**Note** Beckett knows how to make a girl feel special. Aubrey is a lucky girl.

**Amendment** Aubrey is a VERY lucky girl.

#5 I must finish the book with a smile on my face.
I had the biggest smile on my face after reading the epilogue was sweet and a perfect ending for Audrey and Beckett. Aven Ellis always writes my kind of romance books. The ones once I start I don’t want to put down, the ones that are cute, heartwarming, flirty, humorous and entertaining, and The Aubrey Rules was spot on. If you’re looking for a feel good romance with an HEA, then this one is for you. Aven Ellis doesn’t disappoint with her engaging, faultless and witty writing style.

**Note** Of course you will get some hot hockey action also.

**Note** I like when the next book is going to be about some of my favorite supporting characters. Therefore, I’m looking forward to Livy and Landy’s story where I know we will be more Audrey and Beckett.

**Note** I was left with a craving for Kale Chips, and French fries while reading this book.

**Amendment** I’m fulfilled my Kale Chips craving as I’m eating a batch while writing this review.

The Aubrey Rules a must read for all you true romantic out there. Go one click now! I loved it.

Rock Chick Regret
Rock Chick Regret

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadie and Hector's story was the most emotional for me so far. Loved it!, 1 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Rock Chick Regret (Kindle Edition)
I loved this one. Sadie “The Ice Princess” Townsend and Hector “OMG” Chavez’s story was the most emotional for me so far. I adored Sadie and Hector. Hector was not just hot, but extra hot, and that is just what was needed to melt Sadie Ice Princess exterior. I said it about Eddie and it the same with Hector I do love a man with an accent and Hector can call me "Mamita” all day.

My heart went out to Sadie as she had been through so much, and I just wanted to hug her so many times. She was a tough cookie a survivor who also made me laugh many times with her different personalities. I was glad that she had not only Hector but also the rest of the Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch family and Buddy and Ralphie to support her.

Rock Chick Regret was another five star for me. I just love the way KA writes/ tells a story she sucked me in from the first page to the last page. I’m about to start listening to Rock Chick #8, and I can tell you it’s going to be bittersweet as I’m going to miss Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch family.

Cherish (Covet, #1.5)
Cherish (Covet, #1.5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written a must read., 29 Aug. 2015
After finishing Covet I was looking forward to reading Cherish, Claire had her ending, but what about Daniel Rush I had a big soft spot for him I needed to know what was going to happen to him.

Daniel & Jessie story was both heartwarming and heartbreaking, and my heart went out to them. Tracey took me on an emotional rollercoaster while reading this book. Chapters 23 & 24 were so emotional they had me reaching some tissues it was if I was grieving along with Daniel and Jessie.

Cherish is a beautifully written novella about love, forgiveness, redemption, acceptance, healing, hope, and self-discovery. Daniel and Jessie needed to face the past, remember the good times, let go of the guilt no matter how hard it may be to find their way back to each other and have the happiness they both deserved.

‘That’s the thing about hindsight. You can learn from it, but it can’t help you when you need it the most”

If you have read Covet and loved Daniel, then you must read Cherish Tracey has written a novella that will stay with you long after you've read the last page.

Heart-Shaped Hack: Kate and Ian #1
Heart-Shaped Hack: Kate and Ian #1

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, funny, romantic, smart, emotional and an enlightening read., 28 Aug. 2015
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

I was so excited when the Arc of Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves appeared on my Kindle. I’m such a fan of this author, and as most of my book friends know On The Island is one of my favorite books. So with my Kindle in one hand and a cup of green tea on the go I got comfy on my sofa and dived right in. And that is where I stay for the rest of the afternoon, as I couldn’t put it down. The more I read, the more intrigued I became and the more I wanted to find out what was going to happen. So it’s safe to say I loved it from start to finish Kate, and Ian’s story was a brilliant read.

“Always choose love. Always choose the adventure. You’ll never regret it”

Kate was strong, kind, and selfless. She was more understanding than I would have been when Ian gave her very little information about himself. But that was one of the reasons why I like her she gave Ian a chance and she didn’t let her head rule her heart. Sometimes you have to go with that gut feeling and hope it doesn’t steer you wrong.

“She wanted to do more than kiss him. Lots more. All of this with a man she knew very little about”

Ian was an enigma to me at first, and it wasn’t that I didn’t like him because I did. He was a little cocky, but I could tell his heart was in the right place. I was just cautious, as his behavior at first glance seemed a little unethical to say the least. But I have to say like Kate it didn’t take long for Ian to win me over there was just something about him. There was so much more to this Robin Hood who was charming, and confident than meets the eye.

“Come on over to the dark side Kate. I’ll save you a seat next to me”

I loved Kate and Ian together such sincere characters. I adore watching their relationship developed. It’s romantic, sexy, funny (basketball game) understanding, tender, and heartwarming. They made me laugh many times with the banter that they shared together. These two were perfect for each other.

“You made it so damn easy for me to love you and just as easy to like you.”

”I fell in love with him so hard, and never saw it coming”

I like the storyline it was such an interesting concept, I loved the premise of the story and it showed that Tracey did her research. It was certainly interesting learning about hackers who knew there were “black hat” hackers “gray hat” hackers and “white hat” hackers well not me but I do now. Oh, and so do two boys aged 13 & 16 who asked what book my review was about, and it was great as it not only were they surprised but it prompted an interesting conversation about hackers. I have to say I’m grateful for what “white hat hackers”

Overall, Heart-Shaped Hack was it was and sweet, funny, romantic, smart, emotional and an enlightening read. After reading it, my advice would be to don’t try to work out what is going to happen just go with it. Tracey knows what she is doing, and she likes to throw in a few twists to keep you on your toes to stop the story becoming boring. Don’t get me start on what Tracey did to my feelings at about 70% talk about emotional, but as Tracey knows I love her, so all is forgiven.

Tracey with her faultless and captivating writing pulled me in from the start and didn’t let me go. So much so that in between finishing this book and writing up my review I have gone on to read two more of her book Covet and Cherish as expected I just loved them.

I highly recommend that you one- click Heart-Shaped Hack today.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 stars** Loved this one., 26 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Covet (Kindle Edition)
I have to say this one has been sitting on my Kindle since it was first released back in 2013. I’m a little ashamed that I didn’t get to read it sooner as. I fell in love with Tracey Garvis-Graves after reading On the Island which is now one of my all time favorite books. So after reading an arc of Tracey’s latest book Heart –shaped –Hack (Loved it) I just had to go back and read the other books of hers that are just sitting on my Kindle.

I have to say I’m quite cross with myself that it took me so long because I loved Covet was a beautiful, moving and thought-provoking read. Once I started, I became absorbed it the story, and I didn’t want to put it down. I loved all the characters, and I want to find fault with them, but I couldn’t.

"Maybe love is like a pendulum. It swings back and forth, slowly, steadily, and sometimes you don’t know where it will come to rest.

I’m sure that many married couples could relate to the situation that Claire and Chris go through. Marriage is hard work, Sometimes life gets tough, you can forget the little things, and it’s the little things that mean the most. I think it ended the way it should have, and it was right for all the characters.

With Covet Tracey did an amazing job with her beautiful writing to tell a story about real life; and the struggles of married life, that wasn’t embellished for the sake of it. I will say that if I had read the book when it first came out, I would worried about one character and would have needed to know what was going to happen to him as I have so many questions. But as Cherish (Covet, #1.5) is sitting on my Kindle I'm going to read it next and hopefully going to have my question answered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20