Profile for Derna Fearon > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
The Summer Remains
The Summer Remains
by Seth King

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, heartwarming, heartbreaking, honest, and very emotional~ A must read., 13 April 2015
This review is from: The Summer Remains (Paperback)
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

The summer Remains by Seth King is a must read. I completely loved it. It’s a story that you have to go in blind only knowing the synopsis as it tells you all you need to know. I will say that Summer Johnson and Cooper Nichols journey together will take you on an emotional roller coaster.

"Dying was easy anyone can die,…..but living it the grandest and the most challenging adventure of all”

From the start, I just knew that the ending may or may not be a happy one. Yes, there is sadness, there is anger, it’s a tearful read, and at one point I had to stop reading because the tears were flowing. But at the same time Seth has a way of adding humor, laughter and hope to the story without taking away the true essence of the story. The emotions of the characters were my emotions.

“We really were the same, just two lost souls drifting through an uncertain world, waiting for a future we were almost too afraid to even imagine for ourselves”

I loved Summer, such an amazing person, and I admire her for her outlook on life. And well Cooper what can I say he too was noteworthy loved him both such beautiful characters. The way Seth writes about social media and the way it affects our lives is so true, and really makes you think about how you use it.

I will say while reading it, I was thinking, wow I can’t believe this author is only twenty-five years old, as the writing was faultless, captivating, and beautiful. As I read the Author’s note at the end, my heart broke again, as I discovered what inspired the story. I suddenly understood that feeling I had while reading The Summer Remains that this was more than a story it felt personal. And it was …there is so much more behind the words Seth wrote that made the story even more poignant.

“If you ever lose your way, just love someone. The rest will fall into place. It has too”

The Summer Remains is a beautiful, heartwarming, heartbreaking, honest, and very emotional story about searching for love. Not just any love, but that special love the one that takes your breath way the one that grabs your heart and never lets it go regardless of how long it last.

“I would never ever be the same. This love had rearranges me.”

Seth King has written a book that will make you look at life differently and will stay with long after you have finished the book. It certainly did with me!

"when you finish a good book and hug it to your chest to somehow soak the words into your soul through osmosis."

Boundless Fate (A Suspenseful Erotic Western Romance Novel) (Fate For Love Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars **4.5 Stars** Sweet and sexy with a little bit of drama, 13 April 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Boundless Fate picks up where Enduring Fate ended, and I was eager to find out what fate had in next in store for Colton and Paige. Colton is having a rough time; he’s pushed Paige away in order to protect her. But keeping away from her is it harder than he thinks as she is this everything, and she consumes his thought.

“She was my weakness and my strength all rolled into one, right around my heart.”

Paige knows Colton is doing, but she is not going to give up, she knows what her heart wants and needs and that is Colton. What they have is special, and she is determined to not let him forget that.

“There was no doubt that he owned my heart, body and soul. We were two souls fated together as one. Nothing would ever break us”

The story was sweet and sexy with a little bit of drama, angst, and action thrown in. It’s not all plain sailing for Colton and Paige as they suffer from heartbreak and have problems to overcome. I loved watching them fight for what they wanted their love and their future. Colton and Paige are a team, and there is no denying how strong relationship it is. I loved seeing how they interacted with each other another the passion is hot and intense. I loved the moments of tenderness between them.

“Not many people share our kind of love, Paige. Its powerful and consuming, something so much that its steals the breath from my starve lungs and stops my heart. I wouldn’t have it any other way. My hearts wouldn’t beat with out you”

Alicia has written a story that is passionate, descriptive and emotional. Loved seeing the character from the Beautiful series back again giving Colton and Paige their friendship and support. Also getting some news on what is happening in their lives. There is a slight cliffhanger ending, but a big one, but one that left me knowing that they may have a few more obstacles to overcome. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series Endless Fate.

Where I Belong (Alabama Summer Book 1)
Where I Belong (Alabama Summer Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 Stars*** A well-written cute, humorous and heartwarming love story, 13 April 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

When I heard of my Co-bloggers wanted to read Where I Belong (Alabama Summer #1) by J. Daniels I was intrigued. What is this book that she desperately wanted to read. So after having a quick look at the synopsis, and I knew I wanted in on it, and I’m so glad that I read it as I loved it.

A summer of fun with her best friend Tessa was what Mia Corelli wanted; all she had to do was steer clear of Tessa’s brother. Ben Kelly was the person who she hated for good reason with a passion. However, fate had other ideas and one unforgettable night changes everything!!!

“The boy I once wished never excited was now the man I wanted to spend every second with”

“The girl I once couldn’t get far enough was from had become the woman I couldn’t get close enough to”

I loved the storyline; it was such fun, easy, engaging read. Mia Corelli and Ben Kelly Where not were both such entertaining characters, and I love getting to know them. I enjoyed the connection, the sexual tension, the foreplay, and the hot steamy moments between them, but also the sincere moments.

“Do you feel that? That’s what you do to me. Every time I’m f**king near you…… I don’t’ say anything else. I just let her feel it. You own this part of me just take it”

“My brain is screaming at me to say way from him, but the way my body reacts in his presence is becoming harder to ignore”

Mia was sweet sassy selfless character and one of those girls you really want to have as a friend. And Ben Kelly oh wow!! He was just so swoon-worthy I couldn’t help but fall in love with him. Loved the way he wanted to prove to Mia that he was not the a**hole she knew nine years ago.

“I’ll do anything for her forgiveness. Hell I’ll do anything for her. I see my future with her and I’ll stop at nothing to get her there with me”

Told from dual points of view, which is always a favourite of mine. It was done well, and I think that’s why one of the things I enjoyed most about this book was the back and forth banter between not just Mia and Ben but all the characters. Love Ben’s sister Tessa who is a riot and whose mouth seems to have no filter. I laugh out loud so many times while reading this book, but also just smiled.

“I can’t imagine loving her any more than I do right now. But I know I will. Because every second I’m with her, I fall harder.”

This was the first book I have read Of J. Daniels, and I have to say it won't be my last. I enjoyed her writing style it just felt effortless. Loved whole hook up, first time scene/chapter. It may not be everyone’s choice, but hey you can’t argue that isn’t how you want your first time to be fun, exciting, amazing and unforgettable. And I loved that I didn't want to put this book down, and for the most part I read it with a smile on my face. I’m so looking forward to reading the next two books, which are happily sitting on my Kindle.

Where I Belong is a well-written cute, humorous and heartwarming love story. With a great plot, and lovable characters about second chances and forgiveness. I recommend you one click today.

When I'm Gone
When I'm Gone

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 stars*** Loved this one!! And Loved Mase Colt-Manning, 13 April 2015
This review is from: When I'm Gone (Kindle Edition)
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

I’m always excited when I know that I’m about to start an Abbi Glines's book. When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach #11) had been sitting on my kindle for a few weeks just waiting for the perfect time for me to read it. And when I found myself in sitting in Holland Park in West London on a surprisingly sunny Sunday I just knew it was the perfect time.

And it did not disappoint I loved it and I had the perfect time reading it. When I'm Gone was just as I was expecting. I know what I’m getting when reading an Abbi Glines book, A sexy well written a heart warming story about strong women, and hot sexy alpha men who when the fall in love they fall hard.

And Mase Colt-Manning was no different. He is unquestionably now my second favorite Abbi man after Woods. (Oh boy do I love Woods) From the moment Mase sees Reese, he is fascinated there is just something about her that he can’t stop thinking about.

“There’s something about you Reese, that makes me want to ease that lost look in your eyes”

From the moments Reese Ellis meets Mase the sexy hot cowboy who comes to her aid, she captivated by the man who wants to help her, gives her hope something that due to her past she has never experienced before.

“What was it about this man that made me feel things I though were impossible for me”

Reese is a tough cookie, and, after all, what she has been through, I loved her fighting spirit. Mase is a gorgeous and he has a heart of gold! And I just love the way he is with Reese showing her that she is special and treats her that way. Some of the things he did for left me grinning and swoony.

“Why do you want to help me?”….”Because your worth helping”

When I'm Gone was a touching story about love, trust, healing, friendship and everything in-between. I loved being immersed Mase and Reese’s journey, and watching their friendship grow into something more and something so special. There is no denying the attraction they have for each other, and you could just sense how much they meant to each other it just beautiful to watch.

“He Just….just what every girl dreams of. He makes everything right when it all seems wrong”

“You are perfect. So perfect that you take my breath away. I’m completely obsessed with you. You’re all I see anymore, Reese nothing about you is broken”

It was lovely to see the rest of Rosemary Beach group and finding out what they are up too, except Nan who is still as vile as ever. She can take a very long jump off a very short cliff. There was a small cliffhanger, not one that made me want to throw my Kindle just one that made me say “Oh interesting!! I’m looking forward to the next chapter in Mace and Reece's story.

Abbi Glines has done it again and written another book that I loved. Abbi has a beautiful writing style that sucked me from the very beginning, and always makes me go through so many emotions. Abbi, you made my sunny afternoon complete so thank you!

If you’re a fan of the Rosemary Beach series then I would recommend this book, as you will fall in love with Mase Colt-Manning .

“Mase Colt Manning fights for those he loves. It’s what he does. And I know he tried to fight for you. He wanted to conquer your battles.”

Hate F*@k: part two: romantic suspense serial (Hate Fuck Book 2)
Hate F*@k: part two: romantic suspense serial (Hate Fuck Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars ****4.5 stars**** Love it! Just as sizzling as the first, 24 Mar. 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

There is always a worry for me that after loving the first book in a novella series that the second book won't deliver. Well there, was no need for me to worry the second installment of F*@k Hate, part two by Ainsley Booth was just as sizzling as the first. The ending of the first book meant that I wanted to dive straight into this one to get answers.

“We’re not f***ing done.”

Again, I was hooked on Cole Parker and Hailey Dashford Reid continuing story. It was, of course, hot and sexy. There is no question that Hailey and Cole are hot together, and their chemistry is undeniable. But they discover it more than just hot sex, it’s about being honest about their feelings and emotions for each other. Working out what’s important and what they want if they want a future together.

“Cole has all the power. All the knowledge and control. He could destroy me.”

“I need to stay far away from Hailey Reid as I can get, for as long as I can. We both know it won’t be forever. I’m not that strong.”

Love mystery and suspense aspect side, and the romance that just makes me smile. And, of course, just like Hailey Cole got me all hot and bother with his dirty mouth badass actions, and his soft side.

"You're deep inside me, Hailey. That's all I know. And this scandal will fade away, replaced by something else. And you'll still be inside me."

Knowing that we were going to get another cliffhanger ending I had a few theories as to what may happen, and although I did guess how it ends. I didn’t care as I was hooked, and it didn't stop me from saying out loud Oh F**k! As I read the last paragraph. All I can say is I’m glad that April is only around the corner as I can't wait to find out how it all pans out for Hailey and Cole. I have a feeling it’s going to be hot sexy and action packed.

Ainsley Booth did it again!! Also, I can't wait to read Tag, Jason and Wilson’s stories. I have a feeling the other men from the Horus Group they’re going to give Cole a run for his money in the hotness and dirty talking stakes.

I recommend you go 1-click this one now!! Remembers this is not a standalone book. It is part two in a three-part serial.

Flirting With Love (Lovelly Series Book 2)
Flirting With Love (Lovelly Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this one. you must meet Hudson Blake, 19 Mar. 2015
"Sometimes, bigger risks have the best rewards."

Flirting with Love (Lovelly #2) is Hudson and Blake Lovelly story. I first meet Hudson the oldest Lovelly Brother in the first book in the series "Forever Kinda Love" which was Heath, the youngest brother story. I have to say I liked Heath, but I really like Hudson. It must be an age thing! Haha

The story flips between the present and the past. The present we find them waiting for the birth of their child, and the past, we discover the history of Hudson & Blake. How they met, their friendship, their relationship, and the sadness they suffered.

"I know there are coincidences in life. But us meeting you, wasn't one of them. I think its fate."

I enjoyed this book I liked the flow of the story, and I loved the flashback I think it was a great way to tell their story. From when they first met the growing attraction and chemistry between them was apparent. Blake was a sweet, caring person who puts others first. Hudson is a sweetheart, and it' so clear to see how much he loves Blake, and I loved his pet name for her.

"Because you're the only girl who's ever burned bright enough to make me love you so fiercely. From the beginning."

Clara did a great job of capturing the emotions between not only Hudson and Blake, but also some of the secondary characters. Flirting with Love was an emotional, funny, charming and heartfelt story about friendship, family, moving on from heartache, and true love.

"I look at him, shocked. Hudson, the boy that makes my heart melt with his words and kisses, just blew my heart to pieces. My knight in shining armor. My Hudson"

"You said meeting me was the second best thing. What's the best thing that's happened in your life?" she asks, looking downright cute and shy.
"You. Kissing you."

I can't wait to read Harrington's story. I have a feeling with his issues and demons that he got to fight the middle brother' story is going to pull on my heartstrings.

Bride in Bloom (The Beachy Bride Book 1)
Bride in Bloom (The Beachy Bride Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this one! Left me swooning and Grinning, 19 Mar. 2015
***I received an copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

I always look forward to starting a J.B. Hartnett book I just love the way she makes me feel during and after reading one. Bride in Bloom is the first in the Beachy Bride series and after reading the first page I just knew I was going to love it and I did.

Bride in Bloom tells the story of Victoria and Cameron Muir two people who have suffered heartache, but both whom still want to believe in love. It is very much a story about second chance love, real love, letting go of the past, moving forward, never giving up, and taking a chance on love again.

“When you know, you know. And when you’ve lost everything you thought was real, you recognise real when you see it you just have to trust it”

Victoria was a sweetheart and I was feeling for her as she discovers all that she felt was true was not. I admired the way she handles things after she found out the truth. Cameron Muir wow did I love him. He sexy, a little bit of an alpha, he was attentive, enduring, and considerate, and knows how to woo a lady. I just love that he doesn't just tell Victoria with his word how he feels about her, he shows her with his actions.

“I’m a man who, when he loves. Doesn’t do it half-assed. Why hold back with the people you love? We aren’t here for very long, so I figure we need to make the most of it”

“He doesn’t say much but he’s talking to you Tori…. These little things the gifts, the notes … They are huge

I loved the storyline. It was romantic, charming, funny, and flirty. There were a little angst and drama but not too much. Oh, and let not forget how hot and steamy it was at times. Love the hot sexy scenes. The only frustrating thing for me whilst reading this book was that sleep, and work got in the way, and therefore I couldn’t read it in one sitting.

“I’m worth the risk. You need to believe in it with me. You’re worth the risk”

There were some great realistic secondary characters that added to the story. Loved Cameron’s family, especially his mum, she made me laugh so many times. I can’t wait to read their stories in the rest of the series. My mind is going in overdrive working out whom the next book and the future books in the series will be about. I have my theories, and I can wait to see if there are right.

Oh, and the other thing I loved and made me very happy was its connection to J.B’s Leaves series. That series has a special place in my heart, and I think that’s what made me fall in love with this book even more. Even though, all the characters weren't in the story. I loved that they were somewhere in the background just hovering the thought of those characters being so close just made me smile.

Overall, I loved this one, it has a different feel from her other books, but still brilliant read. J.B Hartnett is an amazing writer, who knows how to write a great romance story that make you feel with great characters. I love her writing style always so descriptive, and I felt I was there at Laguna Beach watching it all unfold. I loved being on Victoria and Cameron heartfelt journey. I didn’t even mind that there wasn’t an epilogue, which is usually as must for me, as I know there will be more Victoria and Cameron in the rest of the series.

“I think we both know that with us, there’s a beginning and a middle, but there will never be an end.”

Bride in Bloom was one of those books that made me happy, swooning and grinning from ear to ear!! A must read for all you romantics out there.

Red Hot Lovers: 18 Contemporary Romance Books of Love, Passion, and Sexy Heroes by Your Favorite Top-Selling Authors

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for Beyond Love and Hate by Zoe York, 17 Mar. 2015
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

"There are some things in life we can plan for. And there are others that just need to be a leap of faith."

Beyond Love and Hate is the latest in the Wardham series by Zoe York. This little sweet novella is Beth Stewart and Finn Howard story.

Beth and Finn have always had a love hate relationship. They have always driven each other crazy, and they are forever butting heads, but at the same Beth has always lusted over Finn, she is forever thinking about all the things she would like to do to him. Finn has always lusted over Beth, and is always thinking about all the things he would like to do to her.

"She was pathetic, lusting after a man she didn't like. Could barely stand to be in the same room as, yet wanted desperately to get naked with. Because Finn Howard naked? That would impress her".

"The woman drove him mental, and it wasn't a mystery why. She was gorgeous, lush, and curvy with full pink lips that drove him to distraction"

When Beth bosses hire Finn as a marketing consultant Go West Winery, it means they will be working closely together, and one late night the feelings/ passion they have for each other soon become pretty apparent.

"Attraction is just one factor, and all others indicate this is a terrible idea"

I enjoyed this story it was a quick, easy sexy heartwarming read. I liked Beth and Finn, and the chemistry and banter that they shared. I did feel for Beth she is sweet she wants a good guy, and know that could be Finn, but Finn has issues and thinks he is not that man, he was always honest with Beth, but I did at one point want to give him a clip around his ear and say stop being a stubborn Muppet, and open your eyes.

Overall Beyond Love and Hate was another well-written fun addition by Zoe to the "Wardham series." The ending was sweet, and left me with a smile on my face. Love the little snippets from old, and possible future characters, and how Zoe intertwines then into the story. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series. "No Time Like Forever" which will be Layney's brother Chase' story.

As always I recommend this sweet romantic heartwarming series for the times when you want something that is low on the angst and drama.

Changing Everything: A FORGIVING LIES Novella
Changing Everything: A FORGIVING LIES Novella

4.0 out of 5 stars **4.5 stars **Changing Everything was a quick read, and had the perfect balance for a novella,, 14 Mar. 2015
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

For the last twelve years, Paisley Morro has been in love with her best Friend, Eli Jenkins. Eli loves her too, but in a best friend, some who is always there for him, and his wingman kind of way. However, when Paisley decides to tell Eli how she feels everything changes.

"Eli, I need to know…..Is there any possibility of there being an us”

Eli Jenkins is about to realise that, as they say…… You don’t know what you got until it’s gone…..But the truth is you knew what you had but, you just never thought you’d lose it.

“I had just lost my wingman, and best friend…I’d lost the only girl who could touch my soul”

I enjoyed this novella, about first love, soul mates, friendship, unrequited love, and wow was it sexy hot! I liked Paisley and felt for her as there must be nothing worse that being in love with your best friend and he is too oblivious to notice.

"I have no doubt I could spend the rest of my life with him."

I liked Eli when I first met him in Forgiving Lies and Deceiving Lies, but I have to say in this one he did frustrate me at first. I so wanted to smack him round his head and tell him to wake up and smell the coffee! But once he did, oh wow did, I love him. Eli knows how to make his lady happy ;)

“It’d never been like this before, but more that that, there’d never been the connection that I have with her”

Changing Everything was a quick read, and had the perfect balance for a novella, it flowed well, was heartwarming, romantic, and not overly angsty. I didn’t even mind the Love Triangle that Molly loves to include in her stories. Love Paisley and Eli they had great chemistry, love the epilogue and the way it all ended for them. It left me with a big grin on my face and remembering once again why I’m such a big fan. Love Molly's writing and the way she can pull on my emotions and pull me into a story. I Will say I was surprised how steamy it was for a Molly McAdams book, but not that I minded I loved steam, and Molly can write hot sexy scenes. So keep it up Molly!!

Fan of Molly will love this one. Looking forward to reading Molly’s next book Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel.

Confess
Confess

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 star*** Another great read from Colleen. Love it!, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Confess (Kindle Edition)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Confession: Last Saturday I did not leave my bed, I stay in my pajamas all day, I turned down the chance to catch up with friends. All because I started to read Confess by Colleen Hoover, and I knew that after reading the prologue and what a prologue it was! I wasn’t going to stop reading until I had finished the book.

“There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know”

Auburn Reed and Owen “OMG” Gentry’s story was an emotional journey from start to finish. Their meeting and connection could be a coincidence, but it could be more a lot more. Auburn and Owen are incredible characters. Auburn was beautiful and selfless, and Owen was intriguing and there was the need to know now about him and his secrets.

“I could tell her how I know her. Make her realize why I have this overwhelming urge to protect her. But some secrets I’ll take to my grave, and this is definitely one of them”

Their story is told from Auburn and Owen’s POV, and Colleen writes them in such a way that I really felt I had a front row seat to witness what they were thinking and feeling. I was able experience their pain, hurt, and heartache but also their passion and love for each other.

“Her presence calms me, relaxes me, makes me feel as thought maybe things aren’t as hard as they appear”

“The way he makes me feel is so overwhelming……I love how the slightest touch from him leaves me breathless”

Confess is not only a beautiful, poignant, angsty and touching love story about two people who make sacrifices and risk their hearts for love, but also thought-provoking. I loved the Confession aspect of the storyline, and the fact that they were true confession submitted anonymously by readers just made it more unique. I could help but think of what confession; I might write on a slip of paper and post thought Owen’s letterbox the good, the bad and the ugly ones.

“Some secrets should never turn into confessions. I know that better than anyone.”

And let’s not forget the Art aspect of the storyline; I can’t wait to get a finished paperback copy of this book. Although I was lucky to get my Arc in paperback format, but it didn’t contain the all-important artwork! I have to confess when I saw “Image To Come” I was so disappointed. Therefore, I can’t wait to see the original artwork by Danny O’Connor that Colleen has chosen to add that extra dimension to the story. Colleen is a smart and creative lady!!

“I’ll love you forever. Even when I can’t.”

This book in true Colleen style pulled me in from the start and didn’t let me go, until that last page, although saying that even twenty-four hours later this book still holds me. I did guess some parts of the storyline, but that being said, it didn’t spoil my enjoyment of this book. I love the ending just perfect, and one that I have reread a few times.

I love Colleen’s writing style, her way with words, the way she made me connect to some of the characters and punch others. Colleen has written another book that made me cry, cheer, get angry, and most of all feel. Confess is another most read from the wonderful and talented Colleen Hoover.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30