Profile for Derna Fearon > Reviews

Content by Derna Fearon

Derna Fearon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hate F*@k: part three (Hate Fuck Book 3)
Hate F*@k: part three (Hate Fuck Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this series, sad its ended. I'm going to miss Cole & Hailey., 2 May 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

"Woohoo, It’s here!" was what I shouted out loud when I saw that the arc of F*@k Hate, part three by Ainsley Booth was in my inbox. I have loved this novella series so far and after the way part two had ended on the big cliffhanger. I was excited to read the final instalment in Cole Parker and Hailey Dashford Reid story.

“A bad boy can be so very good. A good girl can get really dirty. And two lonely people who find each other can finally be happy.”

The final installment was as I predicted extremely hot, very sexy and action packed. I will say I loved parts one and two more as there was one aspect of the storyline that was a little too fast moving, and I just wish it had been developed a little more. But that being said I still like, and once I started it I didn’t want to put it down.

”Everything about you feels like firsts for me.”

Cole and Hailey are perfect together, and their chemistry and connection never wavered. I have loved watching their relationship developed over the series and the way they both at times look at the bigger picture and started to realise what was important in their life, which was simply each other.

“You're my first and last thought every day.

“Inside our embrace, under the surface…the pull is intense. One –of-a- kind chemistry.”

Cole didn’t let me down with his with his alpha ways, his badass actions, his dirty mouth, and the way he adores Hailey’s curvy body. He made me swoon when he shows his soft side, and the way he’s so protective over Hailey especially after what had happened.

“I’ve got you. Let me love you.”

It was a great ending and loved the way it all worked out for Cole and Hailey. Ainsley added a twist or two, and some interesting developments involving some of the other members of the Horus Group has left me intrigued. And I can’t wait to find out more, and I’m looking forward to reading Tag, Jason and Wilson’s stories. And maybe seeing a little more of Cole & Hailey .

Overall I have loved this hot sexy, engaging Novella series, which is told from dual POV. Ainsley Booth has a writing style that just pulls you in, and as for her sex scenes all is can say is hot hot hot!! If you haven’t read this series, then I recommend that you one click today as I sure that Cole Parker will be your next book boyfriend

Fervent (Condemned Series Book 3)
Fervent (Condemned Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars **3.5 stars** Can't wait to read the last book in the series., 30 April 2015
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Fervent is the 3rd book in the Condemned series by Gemma James. It picks up where Rampant ended. Things have gone from bad to worst for Alex and Rafe with both being kidnapped, and not knowing why.

I have to admit I was a little surprised when I found out that it wasn’t going to be the final book. As I was sure the way, the last book ended that Alex and Rafe had one last fight on their hands until they get their happy ever after.

It's not that I didn't enjoy this book because I did. I loved that it was still dark, intense, painful and twisted. It was another quick read that packed a punch, and once I started, I didn’t put it down. Loved the deep connection that Alex and Rafe have for each other, and with all that was happening their love for each other never waived.

“I’d die before leaving him to face this alone”

"That's what I love about you. I love you for your strength, because I have none. I love you for the way you make me feel, because I feel nothing when I'm not with you."

We do get a few new interesting twists, especially regarding those connected and involvement in Alex and Rafe’s kidnapping. We had insight into what happen to Rafe while in prison, and learn more about Jax.

Overall as I said I enjoy this instalment, but I enjoyed the first two more. I was just slightly frustrated because I was originally expecting them to get their happy ever after, but obviously from the cliffhanger ending they still have a way to go. However, with that being said, I’m looking forward to reading the last book I can’t wait to see what Gemma has in store for us in the final episode of the Condemned series. I just wish I didn’t have to wait till August.

If you love this series, then you won’t want to miss this one. But if you haven't started, it I would maybe wait until August so that you can read all four books back to back. So that you can fully immerse yourself in this crazy, dark, angsty, twisted, edgy, violent and raw romance series.

All I Want (Alabama Summer Book 2)
All I Want (Alabama Summer Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, Love this series, 26 April 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

After reading Where I Belong I was a big fan of Tessa Kelly, Mia’s best friend and Ben’s sister, she was a riot and sassy character, whose mouth seems to have no filter. I liked Luke Ben’s best friend; he had come across as laid-back, and carefree. We got a little insight into their relationship they seemed to have a good thing going until it all ended.

All I Want picks up a year later where we find Tessa and Luke brokenhearted and hostile to each other, but what the heart wants the heart wants. It’s clear that Tessa and Luke’s attraction and connection to each other is undeniable. You can just feel the sexual tension and the intense passion between them every time they were together.

“You can hate someone until you’re blue in the face, but that doesn’t take away the desire that brews in your gut at the mere sight of him or her”

“My hate for her consumes me, ripping me apart like everything else I’ve ever felt for her”

They were their own worst enemies at times. They just loved to wind each other up when what they clearly needed to communicate more. As much as I loved them, but they did frustrate at times, especially Luke he was so stubborn. He has a painful past that made him keeps him from opening up to Tessa. It torments him every day that he can't truly let her in, but he can't let her go.

‘I let her in as much as I can, and it has to be enough because that’s all I can give her.’

And while I understood his fears, I wanted to shout at him so many times and tell him to stop being an idiot and just open up to the woman who owns his heart. It was heartbreaking to watch at times and I felt for Tessa as she tried to get him to open up to her.

“I know I love him. I feel it every day, even when I don't want to. Even when he keeps me out. Even when he breaks my heart, it's there, and it scares me”

Tessa and Luke, Wow! What a pair. They say that there is a fine line between love and hate, and J Daniels has created two characters whose relationship is a great example of that. When Tessa and Luke are together or even apart these two strong emotions ignite their hearts and souls. They were two people who without a doubt wanted and needed each other.

“The hate I have for him doesn’t touch the part of me that loved him”

“It’s possible to hate someone, to look at them and wish you weren’t of their every move, and to want them more than you’ve ever wanted anything in your life”

Although this one was more angst-filled and at times serious than the first, it was still hot, steamy, romantic, cute and humorous I adored the ending just left me grinning.

“Do you love me today?”

I do love J Daniels effortless writing style, the dual point of view, the back and forth banter between the characters. It was lovely catching up Mia, Ben, and Nolan that boy is just too cute!! All I can say is I love this series, If you loved the first book you will love this one. I’m looking forward to reading Reed’s book "When I Fall" next

Better with Ben (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 3)
Better with Ben (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars **3.5 stars** Cute fun read., 13 April 2015

Better with Ben is book #3 in the How to Tame a Heartbreaker series
Finding a dead body was the last thing Taylor wanted to find while working at a wedding reception. Her normally tough nature takes a knock, and she suddenly finds herself suffering from anxiety attacks.

Nothing seems to help until she meets Ben the older brother of one her friends who is just out of the military. Ben with his tattoos, muscle and confidence seem to make her feel better calm her nerves.

“It was as if he could see through her façade to the hurt and fear that lay just beyond the surface”

Ben’s not looking for a relationship his new job is full on, and, therefore, means he has very little time for anything else. But the attraction he feels for Taylor may change that.

“Ben felt an insane urge to protect this girl he barely knew”

Taylor and Ben were cute together and had great banter at times. I like Ben’s alpha ways, but also his soft caring side. I like Taylor, but she did annoy me at times as I felt she over thinks things.

Overall, I liked Better with Ben. It wasn’t my favorite, but I still enjoyed it. I like seeing the previous characters pop up and see what happing in their lives. The storyline, it was a quick easy, fun read, and If you’re a fan of the series, then you need to check this one out too.

Deep Blue Eternity
Deep Blue Eternity

4.0 out of 5 stars ****4.5 stars*** Beautifully written emotional read., 13 April 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

I enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down. Within few chapters, I had questions. I was intrigued, and I need the answers. I felt it was lovely, heartfelt moving story.

“ We’d never see the stars if there was no darkness”

Loved both Olivia and Tom were great characters and did I feel for them the connection was strong, and the pull that they felt was even stronger. Olivia was feisty and determined at times, but at the same time you could see her vulnerability.

“Its like you see through me. Into something or me. Exposed. I feel vulnerable and exposed”

Both were broken with grief and guilt by events from their past. All I want to find peace and the answers that they wanted and needed to move forward.

“I had come to escape my demons and suddenly it seemed like someone else was battling even bigger ones”

It wasn't an easy journey as Liv attempted to uncover the truth about her sister. I like how Tom didn’t let Liv get away with stuff. He did know what was best for her at times. I like the suspense aspect; it wasn't about guessing who Tom was, more about wanting to know why he was there, and what happened that night.

“Sometimes God strikes us with darkness in order to show us the light”

Deep blue Eternity was beautifully written with well-developed characters. It was the first I have read by Natasha. I have not read the Eversea books, but I have them sitting on my shelf and have heard some great things about them. So I have a feeling that I will be bumping them up my list.

Aikeer® Rhinestone Pretty Girl Series Colorful Pattern Print PU-Leather Case for Apple IPhone 6(4.7inch) 6G PU Flip Leather Holster with Bling Shiny Glitter Diamond Stand Stander Holder Hand Free Credit Card Slot Wallet Hasp Magnet Magnetic Button Buckle Shell Protective Mobile Cell Phone Case Cover Bag + 1 x Anti Dust Plug+ 1 x Metal Aluminum Stylus Touch Pen (Shopping Girl)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, gem stones have already started to fall off, 13 April 2015
Not great, gem stones have already started to fall off. Took longer than the time frame estimated. When it did come it was the wrong one. I was offer a new one or 50% of my money back. I went for a new one & it took just as long. I will won't order again

InventCase Amazon Kindle Voyage 2014 Smart Multi-Functional PU Leather Book Case Cover with Sleep Wake Function - Purple
Offered by Sunny Savers Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not like it., 13 April 2015
Too bulky for a kindle. Did not like it.

DelTex® (Large, Red) Replacement Band / Strap With Metal Clasp For Fitbit Flex Activity Tracker Wireless Wristband Bracelet
Offered by DMB Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 April 2015
love it, love the colour

Forefront Cases® New Leather Shell Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Voyage (November 2014) - Full device protection and Smart Auto Sleep Wake function with 3 YEAR Forefront CASES WARRANTY
Offered by Forefront Cases

Endgame® Fitbit FLEX Replacement Wristband and Clasp Large Size (Black)
Endgame® Fitbit FLEX Replacement Wristband and Clasp Large Size (Black)
Offered by guangdayiyg