Profile for bart4books > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Samsung E1270 UK SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Black
Samsung E1270 UK SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini phone, 16 Jun. 2015
Call me a reactionary but all I want from a phone is to be able to ring somewhere in an emergency. If I want to talk to someone I do it face to face. occasionally a txt will do. Apart from that I want something as unobtrusive as possible and runs for a reasonable amount of time before I have to re-charge it. This little baby has gone for weeks so far with only one recharge.

No camera so the expensive Olympus I bought is not completely wasted.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Jun. 2015
really great deal. very pretty and decent quality.

It UK 10.1" Quad Core, Google Android Lollipop Tablet PC (16GB HDD, 1GB RAM, HDMI, WIFI, Bluetooth, OTG, Octa Core GPU) - Black
Offered by Best of British Tablet Company UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, 1 Jun. 2015
Does everything asked of it so far.
The screen isn't as good as say a Samsung but it is a fraction of the cost.
Battery life is not great but adequate.
I'm happy with it.

6 x 40W Classic Clear Candle Light Bulbs, SES E14 Small Screw, Incandescent Lamps, 390 lm, Mains 240V
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jun. 2015
good stuff. installed, flicked the switch and he presto - illumination!!. Just what was required.

New 10 / 10.2 Inch Black Leather Look Case Mirco USB Keyboard With Stylus and Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 10 or 10.1" Tablet PC
Offered by Time2 Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars The case is quite bulky. Much bigger than the ..., 1 Jun. 2015
The case is quite bulky. Much bigger than the tablet. You have to tap the keys quite hard. I am constantly going back and correcting missed letters.
On my IT tablet there is only one micro USB slot so I can't use while charging.

But it is well made.

Samsung Original Battery for Galaxy S I9000
Samsung Original Battery for Galaxy S I9000
Offered by M SOLUTIONS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jun. 2015
Holds charge well which is exactly what was required.

The Inner Mounting Flame
The Inner Mounting Flame

2.0 out of 5 stars portentious, 28 April 2015
I remember a conversation from school when two lads were discussing guitarists. One opined that John McLaughlin was the best guitarist in the world. The other said 'he just goes diddly diddly on the strings' and the first said 'yeah but he does it really fast.' That sums up the entire album. What made me smile was that they all play like that, even the drummer. It is as though they are trying to see how many notes they can get into each beat. It's just rambling b*ll*cks.

But you have to say you can see it was influential. If you are an aficionado of music history then this might be for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2015 1:40 AM BST

Blues Breakers
Blues Breakers

5.0 out of 5 stars top band, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Blues Breakers (Audio CD)
Absolutely cracking blues. love it. Eric Clapton at his peak and solid support. This CD has the entire album in mono and then stereo and it is very interesting to hear the difference. It is like two different albums.

Strictly Commercial
Strictly Commercial

3.0 out of 5 stars A one off, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Strictly Commercial (Audio CD)
Zappa really is like marmite. He is either your cup of tea or he isn't. I'd only ever heard one LP by Zappa (we're only in it for the money) and found it quirky but it is a slight disappointment that the entire catalogue is the same. The reason for that is that he couldn't sing and therefore every track is moulded by what he could deliver. The lyrics are clever and worth listening to but for me there are good lyricists who are easier on the ear.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2015 10:47 AM GMT

Meddle [Discovery Edition]
Meddle [Discovery Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 26 Mar. 2015
I'd never heard any of the tracks on this album so I was really looking forward to hearing it. I was not disappointed.

It took me right back to my teens when you got an album and listened to it for the first time and was thrilled. It brought back memories of the first time I played Regatta de Blanc and Houses of the Holy. Having only recently acquired Dark Side of the Moon again after selling my LP over 15 years ago I think Meddle is the equal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20