Profile for Jimmy G > Reviews

Content by Jimmy G

Jimmy G (Bristol, England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to incandescant bulbs - buy them!, 12 April 2013
I looked long and hard at the miriad of LED GU10 bulbs to replace the 10 x 50 Watt incandescant bulbs we had in our kitchen. Based on price and, mainly, other good reviews, I chose this product and haven't been disappointed. I started by buying 4, to test them against the old bulbs and they seem to give out a pretty similar amopunt of light to the 50W bulbs and with a similar spread of light. Looking up at the lights, you cant really tell the difference between the old bulbs and these new LED bulbs but if I look carefully into the room they are slightly whiter and less yellow than the old bulbs (but as they are 2800K (the lower the number the less white/blue) they're pretty good). However, the difference is very small and I think that, once I have relaced them all, the difference will be so small as not to be noticeable. The big bonus is that instead of running at 500W, we'll only be at 45W so the cost of the bulbs (much cheaper than almost all other LED GU10 bulbs I saw) should be repaid fairly quickly.
The bulbs are 2 or 3mm longer than the old GU10s and were a bit of a squeeze into the fittings but have gone in fine.
I cant comment on bulb life as I've only just bought them but I read somewhere that Megaman offer a 5 year guarantee but I haven't seen any mention of this on the invoice or packaging that I bought.
The usual very prompt delivery from Amazon through one of their partner companies - ordered one eveing, despatched the next morning and delievered within a couple of days.

Cakeshop 12 x PRE-CUT Comic Relief 'Red Nose Day' Noses Edible Cake Toppers - Premium Wafer Paper
Offered by cakeshopdotcom

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 April 2013
I bought this for a work comic releif cake bake and it added cheer to the top of my cherry buns. My only comment was that the rice paper was quite thick and curled up on the warm chocolate topping, rather than sitting flat. A very minor issue in the scale of things.

Lovely Silver Satin Colour Photo Frame 7"x5" (Landscape Or Portrait)
Lovely Silver Satin Colour Photo Frame 7"x5" (Landscape Or Portrait)
Offered by Goods Online 24/7 (UK SELLER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward budget photo frame, 15 Jan. 2013
Not a lot to say - good value for a good looking product that is plain and "clean". If you're after a simple silver oloured photo frame then I'd recommend.

The Abbey Road Sessions
The Abbey Road Sessions
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent take on old Kylie songs, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Abbey Road Sessions (Audio CD)
I heard the interview with Kylie on Chris Evans' Radio 2 breakfast show in December 2012 and it was enough to make me buy the CD as a present. Not disappointed - really good take on all Kylie's old songs with an orchestral arrangement. Good easy listening and great background musci for dinner party etc.

To The Rescue! By Louise Rooney
To The Rescue! By Louise Rooney

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 17 April 2012
This is a lovely little book, my 2 yr old has really enjoyed it. You can pull the tabs out and as the vehicle comes back into view it is magically in colour - action and learning all in one. Lovely.

Draper Expert 43675 Expert 26 Piece 1/4" Sq. Dr. Metric Socket Set
Draper Expert 43675 Expert 26 Piece 1/4" Sq. Dr. Metric Socket Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, but small!, 12 April 2012
As you would expect with Draper, this seems to be a good quality product that will stand the test of time. Despite reading other reviews I was surprised at how small it was, which is handy for getting into small places but the largest socket is 14mm and ideally I could have done with something larger - maybe I'll be able to buy individual larger 1/4 inch sockets or I might have to buy a half inch set.

Tavola Swiss Capstore Vista Nespresso Coffee Capsule Stand
Tavola Swiss Capstore Vista Nespresso Coffee Capsule Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a good product, 10 Jan. 2012
I bought this item to neatly store our capsules instead of having them in the boxes and it does just that. A key requirement was that it didn't take up much space and it is very compact and fits neatly behind our coffee machine. It also looks good with its polished chrome finish. In all, a good addition to the kitchen.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at good price, 3 Jun. 2011
Being relatively new to mountain biking this was the first set of replacement pads that I have bought. I needed them for a hard weekend of riding trails and mountains in the Lake District and Scotland and after 4 days of pretty punishing use they held up very well - stopped me well throughout the rides without too much wear. I'm sure more expensive pads may do a better job or last longer but for the price I was happy with these.

Panasonic TX-L32G10B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freesat - Installation Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV but was smaller than I expected., 1 Feb. 2010
After a lot of research I bought this TV and I went for the 32 inch model as I thought it would fit best in the space we had at home. The TV arrived very quickly and efficiently from Amazon but when I unpacked it I was slightly disappointed in that it didn't fill the space as I had hoped. This is down to its slim line profile - the TV sits further back and looks smaller. Having spent a lot on a new TV I didn't want to always look at it and think I should have got a larger one so I decided to return it to Amazon within the 7 day deadline and they provided me with a full refund - great service from Amazon, thank you.

So, I can't rate the TV save to say it looks sleak and good but I highly rate the Amazon service and would advise others that if they're choosing between two sizes, go for the larger one.

Page: 1 | 2