Profile for M. Reay > Reviews

Content by M. Reay

M. Reay (UK)

The Big Book of World Tapas: 365 Delicious Light Bites for All Occasions (The Big Book Series)
by Julia Hartley
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars My book of tapas or as we say canapes. Is a must for all good cooks!!, 6 Mar. 2011
I Bought my book of Tapas having experienced many tapas bars in Spain.

I am now a popular 'sharer of my Tapas book' with my foody friends, who know I own this wonderful book who "Just have to have a loan to decide on the bits and bobs" before a meal starts. As I always receive some great tasters I always say yes.

Margaret

A Hollow Crown
A Hollow Crown
by Helen Hollick

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hollow Crown by Helen Hollick, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: A Hollow Crown (Paperback)
Helen Hollick has a fine edge of fact and fiction in a very well written historical novel, about an era of our history unknown to many.

The book was recommended to me by a friend I was somewhat daunted by the size of the book (the longest I have ever read); but soon well into it. I made a list of names with page numbers a great help.

Happy reading.

M R

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
by Denis O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars paw tracks in the moonlight, 7 Nov. 2009
Denis O'Connor's Paw Tracks in the Moonlight is a must he has written a year in the life of 'Toby Jug' his best friend. I laughed and cried and held my own Persian cats Jasmin and Suki whilst reading If you have feelings for our feline companions of any size or breed, please, please, - 'read this book'.

It will be undone from Christmas wrapping on the 25th December morning by a number of my my Cat Lover Friends, "Barbara" in particular who befriended 'Katie' who was considered beyond help too.

This was not illness, but she was deemed to be out of control having had two owners too many, becoming very spiteful and anti social. Three years later she is now a stunning black long haired she cat who adores her quiet life with a once lonely lady. I hope she will be inspired by Denis's book to maybe write about her experiences with her best friend.

Margaret Reay

For Those I Loved
For Those I Loved
by Martin Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars For Those I loved, 7 Nov. 2009
This review is from: For Those I Loved (Hardcover)
Having read this book quite a number of years ago, and loaning it out at the time never to be returned to me.

I decided I wished to read it again and Amazon being the obvious place to try I now have a copy which was received 5 days after my wish to read it I give the book and Amazon five star billing.

MR