Profile for David Rayner > Reviews

David Rayner (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as substantial as expected, 23 Feb. 2017
The mats were as described, but not as thick nor was the waterproof base as substantial as I expected. They will not last as long as the ones I am replacing (15 years!)

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 (PC/Mac)
Offered by Esale Express

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a good price so I'm not offended, 7 May 2016
I had to buy this because I needed the Raw converter for the new camera. It seems to work OK but is 'clunky' with new features I otherwise don't need (over Elements 11). However, I expect I'll use some of the new features as time goes on. It was a good price so I'm not offended.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8KEB-S Compact System Camera (20.3 MP, 14-42 mm Lens) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! So far, 7 May 2016
Excellent! So far, and it's early days, it has met all I expected of the camera from reviews I'd seen. I bought it with the 14-42 lens so as I'd have dual stabilization from the off. But it's not as useful, creatively, as the 14-45 I already have. I've had a G1 and still have a G5 so this purchase was an upgrade. I really like the improvements in the controls. Nice to have them at your fingertips and already it's becoming natural. The only exception I've found so far is the physical manual/AF switch. When using he camera via WiFi you have to make the focus mode decision prior to placing the camera in position, as being a physical switch with defined positions, it can't be altered via the WiFi. At least, I haven't been able to find a way!

LOCKMED Medication Combination Lock Box, Medium
LOCKMED Medication Combination Lock Box, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug. 2015
Just as advertised

Labgear DVB-T Digital TV Aerial Signal Finder Meter - Black
Labgear DVB-T Digital TV Aerial Signal Finder Meter - Black
Offered by THE ELECTRICAL SHOP

2.0 out of 5 stars but is useless for low signal areas, 17 Aug. 2015
The product works as advertised, but is useless for low signal areas, because the lowest level LED stays on all the time it is connected to an aerial, no matter where the aerial is pointed, and the wanted signal was not sufficient to light the next level LED. I'm sure it would be useful in a stronger signal location, but then you'd only have to point the aerial in roughly the right direction and the TV would work anyway.

Beets BLU Bluetooth Wireless Key Finder / Lost Item Finder. PagerTag compatible with iPhone and Android Phones

2.0 out of 5 stars This sometimes raises a false alarm and it makes proximity detection useless - what I bought it for, 17 Aug. 2015
My Samsung J1 phone regularly loses contact with the tag, even when they are next to each other. This sometimes raises a false alarm and it makes proximity detection useless - what I bought it for. To be fair, the Beets service team tried hard to find a solution, and even issued a new software version, but in the end this did not work and I decided to return the product. It is to be noted that my phone does not loose Bluetooth connection with other devices I have

N4U Online® - Samsung Galaxy J1 4G PU Leather Suction Pad Wallet Case Cover Skin & Large Stylus Pen - Blue
Offered by N4U Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Phine falls out of the case, 17 Aug. 2015
The covered window for the camera is a great idea, however there is no protection for the edge of the phone and to add to this issue, the suction pads do not hold the phone securely. When one adds an edge protection product the suction pads are even less useful.

Kingston Technology 240GB Solid State Drive V300 SATA 3 Upgrade Bundle Kit with Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars It was not easy to use the migration software as it is poorly ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Kit arrived on time and contains all that is said on the advert.
It was not easy to use the migration software as it is poorly documented and not supported well on Kingston's site either. Just a few obvious FAQs. However, by personal perseverance and reformatting the drive after a disastrous first attempt, I finally got it to work. Nothing wrong with the drive which is fast and works fine. The migration software is 'hidden' on the DVD so first off when things don't work, ones first thought is that the software has not been supplied. Finally, the software worked by me first making sure the drive was a valid drive to the computer (In Windows Disk Management) then starting over with the instructions from Kingston. Finally, after migration, my C drive is now not disc 0, so appears on the Safely Remove Hardware list - a slightly risky place to be.

Medicare 22mm Waterproof Spot Plasters
Medicare 22mm Waterproof Spot Plasters

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Feb. 2015
Came quickly and work fine.

ANSMANN AES-1 Zero Watt Energy Saving Timer Plug
ANSMANN AES-1 Zero Watt Energy Saving Timer Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Feb. 2015
Works just fine. Very useful item

Page: 1 | 2