Profile for Lukereviewingstuff > Reviews

2x Plastic Egg Cups
2x Plastic Egg Cups
Offered by blendboutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg cup, holds eggs., 24 Oct. 2011
Strong enough and light enough for camping, holds a medium egg nicely. Not much else to say really as it just works!

GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount
GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Mounting on a helmet is smoother, but this mount is very convenient, 24 Oct. 2011
The mount is strong and will keep the camera mounted stably if tightened by a screwdriver rather than the thumbscrews.

When using the mount on tarmac roads and paths the video is great and very smooth, however when on rough and bumpy terrain the video will be very shaky as there is no dampening of shock. Video is still watchable over some rougher cycle paths (if the mount is attached tightly) but not when off road.

For off road work, a helmet mount is much much better as my head doesn't shake as much as my handlebars!

I would recommend this for recording trips on the road or on most cycle routes as I find mounting the camera on a helmet quite tiring and annoying after a while. The handlebar mount is not noticeable so I use it much more often.

Attaches pretty much anywhere on my bike (Specialized Tricross).

GoPro HD Motorsports HERO
GoPro HD Motorsports HERO

5.0 out of 5 stars Really top notch video, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: GoPro HD Motorsports HERO
I am so impressed by this camera!

I have used a few small and cheap video cameras in the past but I wanted to go for a "proper" camera to record a cycling holiday and plan to use it for various trips in the future.

The video quality is just brilliant for the size and cost of the camera! I couldn't be more pleased with it. Reliving the video with my friend and sharing our trip with others is an absolute joy as the video is so sharp and impressive; I am struggling for a good enough description to match the camera. My friend on the trip is a professional photographer and he is equally impressed by the quality of the video.

Sound quality is good but not excellent, however I have found that even in very high winds (at the top of cliffs at the coast or if racing down hill on the bicycles) speech is easily heard over the wind noise. For this reason the sound far surpassed my expectations and I cannot mark it down for the overall quality.

Mounts included all work as they should, sticky pad mounts (used to stick to bicycle helmet) are super strong, and I have never doubted the reliability of the mounts. I do make sure the mounts are tightened using a screwdriver rather than just from the thumb screw as the camera can slide around the mount under shock if they are not tight.

I would thoroughly recommend this camera to anyone, it is well worth the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2011 1:40 PM GMT

Integral SDHC Class 10 Memory Card 32GB
Integral SDHC Class 10 Memory Card 32GB
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory to trust for 1080p/30fps video., 24 Oct. 2011
Item used with GoPro HD Hero for 1080p/30fps. 32GB version.

I have been using two of these without any trouble, perfect sound and picture with no lost frames. No issues at all with build quality.

I needed extra storage space midway through a trip and purchased an "equivalent" unbranded, more expensive (£40), 32GB class 10 card from Maplins as an emergency buy; sadly a number of videos had missing frames and badly distorted sound. I was not impressed!

I will only be buying these Integral cards again as I know I can trust them to capture my footage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 10:02 AM GMT

Gelert Double Wall Mug - Stainless Steel , 0.3 Lt
Gelert Double Wall Mug - Stainless Steel , 0.3 Lt

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mug!, 10 Oct. 2011
I can't rate this item any less than 5 star as it does everything it should do.

- Light weight.
- Very slightly flexible (in a good way), I'm happy to leave this hanging from cord and not worry about damage to it.
- The size is just right for me. I can boil around 0.5 ltr water at a time, so I get 2 mugs with a little space left at the top. About as much as I would generally leave at the top of a mug.
- It seems quite well insulated, with boiling water inside I can hold the mug by the body without it being too hot.

Razer Scarab Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface
Razer Scarab Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, just what I needed, 29 Sept. 2011
Before buying this, I hadn't used a mouse mat for years. I generally found my mice (optical or laser) would not track very well on them and I always found the soft pads uncomfortable on my wrists, my desks at home and at work are wooden and they worked well with my mice. I had no such problems with this mat.

I was forced back into buying a mouse mat after I bought a new Ikea desk which was a gloss white finished surface and to my annoyance my Razer Deathadder (1800 dpi) would not track on it at all. I bought this mat as I was looking for a reasonably priced mouse mat that I knew (hoped) would track well and didn't look too garish, so went with the Razer brand and this mat.

Firstly, the colour is really nice. It is quite a light coloured silvery finish and looks much better than it does on the Amazon picture. The image on the Razer website is closer, but the actual mat is a little lighter.

Performance wise, the mat just "works". I can't say that it is much more accurate or much faster than using it on a wooden desk, however I do like the feel of the surface to rest on. The pad is a good size and I never find that I have to adjust the position of the mouse or mat due to running out of room.

Sonstige Ventura Screw On ll Aluminium Carrier - Black suitable for 24"/26"/28"
Sonstige Ventura Screw On ll Aluminium Carrier - Black suitable for 24"/26"/28"

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, great value, highly recommended., 28 April 2011
Excellent pannier rack which is great quality and fixes very securely to my bike (2011 Specialized Tricross).

It arrived with all the necessary fixings to attach to my bike and the process was reasonably simple, although some better instructions would have been helpful. The rack was easy to adjust to the correct position, height and angle on the bike and it has remained planted in position.

I would not hesitate recommending this to a friend looking for a pannier rack.

M-Wave Day Tripper Double Pannier Bags - Black, 30 Litres
M-Wave Day Tripper Double Pannier Bags - Black, 30 Litres

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, not recommended for more than one trip., 28 April 2011
I have mixed feelings about this pannier.

I bought the Pannier for a week long cycle trip travelling along the Kennet and Avon canal. The Pannier held everything I needed for the week including clothes, tools, book and other essentials. It is simple to attach securely to my rack and kept everything dust free (there was no rain to test water resistance).

The down side is that I will not be able to use it for any further cycle trips as it reached the end of it's very short life! The seam where the bag joins the loop-over-the-rack (I know all the technical terms...) has began to rip and I needed to secure it with cable ties to ensure that the bag remained intact, without spreading my clothes across the cycle path.

Coincidentally, my friend on the trip also ordered the same pannier and had worse experience than me. His pannier seam ripped in exactly the same place but ripped the whole way across the pannier on the second or third day of the trip, meaning it was heavily bandaged together for the rest of the week. It is completely unusable for any further trips.

Other quality issues are the general strength of all materials, which want to rip only by the force of the rack attaching to the pannier and the clips holding the lid of the pannier inspire no confidence at all (but caused no issues).

Overall, I would recommend this pannier if you are on a very short trip and want the cheapest bag. But keep an eye on the seams! For anything other than a few days, spend the extra money for a better bag, it will be much better value if it can be used again after the first trip...

Luke