Profile for Jack220191 > Reviews

Content by Jack220191

Jack220191

MENS WHITE HALF FACE PHANTOM QUALITY VENETIAN MASQUERADE THEATRICAL CARNIVAL PARTY EYE MASK
Offered by The Good Life Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Received the Wrong Item, 8 July 2016
Received the wrong item. Instead received a V for Vendetta mask. Very disappointed as I only have the option to return for a refund but I would like this product and can't see any other masks the same. I would like this rectified please. I'm reluctant to reorder in case the same thing happens again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories
Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories
by John Jackson Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Sept. 2013
I'm reading the Star Wars books in time order, and so this was the second book that I read. Although the last three books in the series are actually set after The Old Republic series of novels, due to the story's nature there is no crossover.

The story is really interesting, focusing on a group of Sith miners who find themselves stranded on the planet of Kesh. The books jump forward in time from 25 to 1,000 years, detailing the changing state of the Sith tribe on the planet.

I particularly enjoyed Purgatory and Sentinel which focus on the controversial relationship between Ori Kitai, a Sith High Lord's daughter, and a human slave named Jelph. Unfortunately I lost interest a bit during the next book, Pantheon, set 1,000 years in the future and by which point the tribe's hierarchy structure has fallen into disarray. I felt it picked up a bit during Secrets and the finale, Pandemonium, only ruined in part by the particularly annoying character of Korsin Bentado.

Anyway, in summary certainly worth reading :)

Into the Void (Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi)
Into the Void (Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi)
by Tim Lebbon

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cheesy, 15 Sept. 2013
I've only recently started reading the Star Wars books and I wanted to start with the earliest according to the timeline, which is Into the Void. Set 25,793 years BBY, Into the Void focuses on the story of Lanoree Brock, a Jed'aii Ranger, and provides some background into the origins of the Jed'aii Order.

The book is well written, and the story at times was quite gripping. Having not read any of the comic books, many (in fact most) of the alien species mentioned were unfamiliar to me making them hard to visualise. Needless to say, I had to spend a fair amount of time on Wookieepedia!

However, the main thing about the book which sticks in my mind is how awfully cheesy it was at times. There's far too much Force b/s: Lines such as "she felt the Force ebbing through her" and "she felt at balance between Ashla and Bogan" aren't even the worst of it, and it gets pretty irritating after a while. The dialogue can also be pretty cheesy in parts, especially between Lanoree and her Twi'lek counterpart, Tre Sana.

Don't get me wrong, it is certainly worth reading if you want some background on the origins of the Jed'aii Order, and I enjoyed the flashbacks to Lanoree's training in the ways of the Force. Having read a few other books since, I can safely say they're not all as cheesy :)