Profile for Martin D Lawliet > Reviews

Content by Martin D Lawliet

Martin D Lawliet "Excryption" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AllCast for Fire TV
AllCast for Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential App, 18 April 2016
This review is from: AllCast for Fire TV (App)
Fantastic app that works flawlessly with the Android companion app on my Nexus 6P. Soon as I launched the app on my phone it detected my Fire TV and was ready to use. Whether I'm playing files locally or from the cloud it works great.

Kingston Technology 64 GB DataTraveler SE9 G2 USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology 64 GB DataTraveler SE9 G2 USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit Disappointed., 18 April 2016
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed in this product. It seems well built and should last quite a while but performance is pretty bad. From what I've read it overheats too quickly and transfer speed drops. I was expecting much higher speeds than the 18MB/s I'm getting when it's connected to a USB 3.1 port.

For the price though it's alright I guess.

Dell UltraSharp U2414H 23.8 inch Widescreen IPS LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2M:1, 250 cd/m2, 8 ms, HDMI/DP/mini DP/USB)

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased the add-on soundbar and it's great. Display quality is fantastic and I really love ..., 8 April 2016
I've been using this for a few months now. I purchased the add-on soundbar and it's great. Display quality is fantastic and I really love the thin bezels.

Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD
Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 5 April 2016
This is my initial review after a few hours of use. Arrived on time and well packaged. Fire TV box was quite a bit smaller than expected but that's a good thing I guess. Installation/setup was a breeze and only took a few minutes. I didn't have to sign in because it was linked to my Amazon account which I think is a great feature. You'll need to provide your own HDMI 2.0 cable.

Soon as it was up and running I was able to test out the 4K capabilities. My 4K TV supports HDCP 2.2 as does my Sony Soundbar. Within 2 minutes of watching Man in the High Castle it switched to Ultra HD which is fantastic. 1080p switch happens in less than 30 seconds. Updating the device took less than 5 minutes. Overall I'm quite happy with the Fire TV 4K.

The only negative is that there's no support for the voice assistant (Alexa) in the UK just yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2016 2:50 AM BST

IBRA® 1.5m High Speed PRO GOLD RED HDMI 2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 5 April 2016
Arrived on time and well packaged. The cable is of high quality and very durable. Works very well as expected. Recommended.

Gorilla Superglue 3g (Pack of 2)
Gorilla Superglue 3g (Pack of 2)
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 18 Nov. 2015
Very powerful superglue, does the job well. Careful not to get any on your skin as it's quite difficult to remove. Recommended.

FiiO E06 Portable Headphone Amplifier
FiiO E06 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Offered by AVShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Powerful, 18 Nov. 2015
A compact but powerful portable headphone amplifier from a reputable company. Works great and can make my ATH-M50x sound like mini speakers on the highest setting. Looks durable and I've been using it for a bit over a year now, recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Router - 2 Years Later, 18 Nov. 2015
I've been using this router for a couple of years now and it's fantastic. It's compatible with DD-WRT which is awesome. Works great with my TalkTalk 76/20 Mbps fiber line. With this router I'm getting 70 Mbps down and 18 Mbps up which is very close to the advertised speeds. Looks great and has been working since day one with no issues. Highly recommended.

Tonor USB Professional Condenser Sound Podcast Studio Microphone For PC Laptop Computer Upgraded Version - Plug and play black
Offered by TonorDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic condenser microphone, 18 Nov. 2015
Fantastic condenser microphone. Purchased this microphone for Skype calls and also some screen recording voice overs and it works really well. Comes in a pretty stylish package and looks/feels fantastic. Highly recommended.

Intel i7-5820K Extreme Hex Core CPU Processor (3.30GHz, 15MB Cache, 140W, Socket 2011-V3, 28 Lanes PCI Express Generation 3)
Offered by UK Prime

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for Buck CPU, 18 Nov. 2015
This is the best bang for buck CPU currently on the market if you're looking for a high end build. I was tempted to go for the new Skylake i7 6700K but it cost over £50 more and for that you're losing out on 2 extra cores, 8 extra PCI-E lanes and such. Since most Z170 motherboards only support DDR4 memory, you really won't be spending much more and I highly recommend the X99 platform if only to future proof a bit.

The 5820K is an all round fantastic CPU. It handles gaming, video/photo editing and general computing like a champ. I was able to easily overclock it to 4.5GHz at 1.28v which isn't bad at all. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants a high end i7 CPU that will handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2015 3:00 PM GMT