Profile for lee > Reviews

Content by lee

lee

Komputerbay MACMEMORY 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory for Apple Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with iMac 10,1 late 2009, despite the claims in the advert., 27 Aug. 2016
Purchased this memory for my late-2009 aluminimum unibody iMac 21.5, (v10,1) mac has PC3-8500 memory. (takes 4 SO DIMMS).
Does not work. Machine beeps at boot time, no screen.
Tried the memory by itself without my existing memory, same issue.
This memory is incompatible despite the claims in the advert.
Requested refund.
Wish I'd just paid the few quid more for the Crucial memory.

Ballistix Tactical 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240-Pin - BLT2CP4G3D1608DT1TX0CEU
Offered by KWL Handel e.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice memory!, 20 Mar. 2014
I've got 2 packs (4 * 4gb) of this memory running very stable at 1750mhz at 8-8-8-24 timings with a Core i5-4670k (clocked at 4.1ghz) 125mhz BLK on a Asus Z87-A without any need to overvolt. The cooler I am using is a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, and the memory is just the right height.

Nice ram for a great price.

Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Midi Tower Case - Black
Zalman Z5 Plus ATX Midi Tower Case - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, plenty of cool, not quite so tool free as you think though, 6 Nov. 2013
Nice Case, loads of cooling, although the fan control really only has fast and slow, it isn't variable.

Doesn't cut up your hands unlike some other cases.

The back planes unfortunately once you've removed them cannot be reinserted.

I've ended up buying a USB3 socket to header for the USB3 cable.

The manual is rubbish though, most of it is in chinese! It doesn't tell you which way round to fit the rails for the tool-free hard discs. I fitted mine the wrong way round and although I was careful not to snap off the lugs in the holes of the HDD's, I still managed to snap one off! Which means I'm left with a HDD with a broken bit of plastic in the hole. So I didn't end up throwing away the rail I ended up drilling it and fitting screws anyway!

Some PSU's have their fans on the underside, better guidance needed on how to fit these given the power supply is mounted at the bottom.

DYNAMODE PCI Express Card 3 Port Firewire Adapter
DYNAMODE PCI Express Card 3 Port Firewire Adapter
Offered by Buyur

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 6 Nov. 2013
Quality of this card is rubbish.

I put the card in a new machine I've just built, plugged in the molex connector
into the card and straight away the two plastic grubs that are holding the connector
to the circuit card came through the card and bent the socket back on the pins!!
I then tried to repush the plastic grubs back through the holes and the socket
won't stay in plastic.

I then noticed even if I managed to get the socket to stay in place, the whole socket
moved around in general and you could see the pins moving on the underside of the board.

Given most cards are mounted upside down, the pins will be holding the full weight of the
molex plug, thus I reckon the pins on the circuit board will break within a few months
and the card will need replacing.

I didn't even get as far as starting it up to use the card!

Sent straight back to amazon for a full refund.

Avoid at all costs.