Profile for Helen Keenan > Reviews

Helen Keenan (spain)

Philips PicoPIX VGA Cable for Pocket Projectors
Philips PicoPIX VGA Cable for Pocket Projectors

1.0 out of 5 stars DOENS"T WORK! DO NOT PURCHASE, 2 Jan. 2014
Since buying this product I've found lots of reviews saying that this cable does not work! Even though you can ONLY buy this cable through Philips for their own product - it doesn't work. I'm not sure how I can redress this issue outside of this review of product.

An Utterly Impartial History of Britain: (or 2000 Years Of Upper Class Idiots In Charge)

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit like the big-headed bloke down the pub, 15 July 2013
But well worth reading for a quick but reasonable concise history of Britain. I found it useful although quite sexist and quite flippant in parts (you know, the big-headed bloke down the put seeing the world from mens' eyes only).

Laser FCE SB Intl: Student's Book: Intermediate
Laser FCE SB Intl: Student's Book: Intermediate
by Malcolm Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for FCE teenagers, 24 Dec. 2012
After using it for just a week I am satisfied with the inclusion of related phrasal verbs to each subject as well as prefixes & suffixes. It's not too focused on pop stars or famous people who go out of fashion so I hope it puts my students in good stead for the First later this year.

Phonics for Dummies
Phonics for Dummies

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT for ESL, 11 Oct. 2012
This book is aimed largely at North American parents and not for ESL teachers looking for an easy way to access phonetics.

Images (Resource Books for Teachers)
Images (Resource Books for Teachers)
by Jamie Keddie

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 11 May 2010
It really has added a huge dimension to my classes, students are more than happy with the breaking away from course book material and it has given me a great insight to my own teaching practice using the internet as source material. I know I will be using this as a source and to stimulate my teaching for many months, if not years to come. Many thanks to the authors and their wonderful insight to teaching.