Profile for Eddie M > Reviews

Content by Eddie M

Eddie M "Eddmac" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Boys Black Pinstripe Jasper Suit 7y
Boys Black Pinstripe Jasper Suit 7y

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and fit, 10 Jan. 2016
This fitted my son perfectly and he looked very smart at my sisters wedding. The quality was good and he has since wore it to many functions.
Initially we dry-cleaned this, but as time went on we tried it in our washing machine. It stood up very well and has been an excellent value for money outfit. The suit has more life in it and my son has grown out of it now - well worth the money

DSL-Brodit Nokia N9 or Lumia 800 Brodit Active holder with cig-plug. Fits All Countries - #512297
Offered by DSLDevelopments

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but top quality, 10 Jan. 2016
Expensive, but works very well.
Once you work out all of the various bits you need for you car model and your phone, these are very well built and very effective phone mounts. They are expensive though and with the rate that phones get replaced, it's probably too expensive.

Crucial M500 240GB SATA 6 GB/s 2.5-inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT240M500SSD1

4.0 out of 5 stars Big upgrade for your PC, 10 Jan. 2016
Very fast, easy to install, works a treat.
Boot up time for my PC went from many minutes with an old HDD to this new SDD booting up in seconds.
Its a solid state drive, other than comment on the blistering performance benefits, what more is there to say?

TRAVEL SICKNESS BANDS - PACK OF 4
TRAVEL SICKNESS BANDS - PACK OF 4
Offered by SK Depots

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to say if they are beneficial or not., 10 Jan. 2016
Bought these for a long flight to Canada for my wife and son. My wife used them and didn't feel ill, but it's hard to say if it was these, if it was psychosomatic, or the flight was just smooth. My son also didn't feel sick, but he had never been on a long flight before, so we don't know if it was because of these bands, or he just didn't feel sick.
If the benefit is purely in the mind of the user, it would still be worth the paltry sum charged for these.
Sorry I can't be conclusive, but that's the nature of things like these.

iPhone SE Case, iPhone 5s Case, New Trent Trentium Rugged Protective Durable iPhone 5 Case for the Apple iPhone 5s/5/SE w/ Screen Protector 3 Back Plates - Black Silver Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality piece of kit and well worth the money, 28 Aug. 2014
On receiving the package with my new iPhone case, the New Trent, Trentium, the box and the packaging immediately give the impression of quality.

The graphics, presentation and quality of cardboard are slick. There are instructions on the back of the box on how to fit the cover to your phone, which is a good idea - it reduces the paper that would be required to print the instructions on and reduces the size of box required. First impressions last as they say!

On opening the box, the iPhone case is housed within a piece of vacuum formed plastic, this holds it snug and secure during transit and mine was in perfect condition.

The rugged case arrives with a film over the screen and a black "insert" already fitted on the back of the case, there is a little plastic bag containing a silver and a gold cover. The word cover is a bit of a misnomer, as its actually an insert onto the cover.
After trying out all three, I settled on the gold one, surprisingly, I thought this worked best with the Matt black finish of the rest of the case. Removing these covers is a bit fiddly, you need to "work" the edge of the cover all the way round to ensure a good fit, but once on, I don't think it would inadvertantly come off in your pocket.

To insert your phone into the case, you have to "pry" the hard part of the case from the soft back. I worked my way around the case with my thumbs to pry the lip off the case. This is quite fiddly, but I would rather have it secure and hard to remove, than the alternative.

With the hard part of the case removed, you can then insert your iPhone into the cover. I did this by placing my cover face down on a towel and prying the phone into the case. I put my phone in left side first then pressed down on the right hand side. There are little "lips" at the top edge of both sides of the case, once in the case, these seem to hold the phone in securely.

When your phone is secure in the "hard" case, you then have to insert the whole thing back into the soft case. I did this bottom first (as per the pictures on the instructions) and then worked it into the soft case. It's important that you align all of the phones ports the correct way round, otherwise you could spend a long time trying to get it to fit.......

Once in place, run your thumb around the edge, where the hard case sits into the soft one, to make sure the edges are sealed in and you're good to go. One important thing to mention, this case is water RESISTANT, not waterproof. It will not withstand a dunking in a bucket - but will do ok if you have to answer a call in the rain, or splash a drink onto the phone. The phone in the case looks good - a lot better than something like a Griffin Survivor for example - but thats just my opinion. The Griffin is waterproof, but is also a lot more expensive!

All-in-all, I think this is a great case for the iPhone 5S and has already saved mine from a drop from around 5 feet in height, well worth the money and deserving of a solid 5 stars!

The only slight gripe I would have is with the changeable covers. Mine don't seem to fit as accurately as I would like and detracts *slightly* from the overall feeling of quality. Perhaps with a bit of heat while in my pocket, this will "bed-in" better.

Numatic NVM-1CH Numatic Henry and James Cleaner Bags, Pack of 10
Numatic NVM-1CH Numatic Henry and James Cleaner Bags, Pack of 10
Offered by Discount2go

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% perfect vacuum cleaner bags, 26 Aug. 2014
I had previously bought "replica" hoover bags for our Numatic cleaner, while these did the job, they were made of paper and could sometimes rip when inserting/removing from the vacuum.
Having now found these OEM items, I wish I had found them sooner. These are a fabric type bag and are much sturdier than the paper type, they are also larger and a better fit. To top it all off - they are even the same price as the paper ones.

Dont look elsewhere, buy these, they are 100% perfect for the job!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 26 Aug. 2014
The master link on the chain on my sons off-road go-kart came loose and fell off, rendering it unusable.
Rather than buy a whole new chain, I bought this set of master links. It matched the size of the chain perfectly, is well built (better than the original) and is cheap. To top it off, I now have some spares.

Well worth the few pounds spent!

Omega Force: Return of the Archon (OF5)
Omega Force: Return of the Archon (OF5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, with a welcome look at one of the characters in more detail than earlier books in the series., 26 Aug. 2014
The Omega force books aren't the utmost in literary works of art, however they are entertaining.
I tend to read two types of books. 1. the thought provoking indepth works, that you can read many times and find different nuances each time and 2. Entertaining romps that fill a space, maybe make you laugh and keep you occupied for a time.
This definitely falls into the second category but is none the worse for it. I read this book in a few days and thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters are developed and the storyline engrossing enough to keep you coming back for more.
I shudder to think about what I am about to write next, but I hope in the coming books that the lead character finally makes some progress with his love interest (dear god I never thought I would write that!)

A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons: Part 2 After The Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, now where's the next one?, 17 July 2014
Come on George, get on with it!
Enjoyed this thoroughly and can't wait for the next one, so get the finger out.

AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black
AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black

2.0 out of 5 stars mediocre at best, 23 May 2014
This car charger is pretty cheap and you can see why.
It's supposed to put out 2.1A so that you can charge an iPad on it - it doesn't.

When I have my iPad connected to this and nothing in the second USB slot, my iPad slowly loses charge - this device slows down the rate of discharge, but cant manage to charge the iPad. It has proven to be (barely) useable on devices with lower power requirements. If you're looking for an in-car charging solution for your iPad, or any other high power device - look elsewhere

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5