Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Aidan > Reviews

Content by Aidan

Aidan

JAVA: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide!
JAVA: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide!
by Andrew Johansen

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - A very small pamphlet style "book", without even an authors name or publish date., 26 May 2016
I'm pretty sure all of the other reviews are fake, made by the author, or his friends/other accounts on amazon. Taking a look at a couple, the english is bad and they're all 5 stars! Seems a bit dodgy considering the book I received.
This is a very small pamphlet style "book", without even an authors name or publish date.
I was concerned from the start that this book was way too thin and small to be of any use.
I studied JAVA a bit so I know the basics and wanted to brush up before buying a more comprehensive book, but this is just trash.
I think a total beginner would be really confused because there is no real order to the book.
The code is not explained and the examples are terrible.
The book appears to have been printed on a common household printer and some of the diagrams are very faded making them almost useless.

Don't waste your money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2016 4:21 PM GMT

Kahuna Gents Blue Rip Strap Watch 252-3003G
Kahuna Gents Blue Rip Strap Watch 252-3003G

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF TRASH - IT'S A KIDS TOY MADE FOR CHEAP IN CHINA, 9 Jan. 2015
I had one of these years ago, and remember it being OK. Time has obviously frazzled my memory.

1st - The FIRST day I used it, I took a shower. After the shower, I noticed the back had come off of it's own volition. This has never happened to me EVER, with ANY watch!

OF course this meant the watch was basically ruined, because the inside is now fogged and I can't read the time!

2nd - You can't access the battery compartment without destroying the watch strap - meaning you can't remove the watch strap completely and it hinders you being able to open the batter compartment. This means, if your battery runs out, ever, you will have to buy a new watch!

3rd - No glow in the dark feature - THIS IS 2014 for God's Sake!

4th - The rotating bezel is a piece of trash - it was grinding from the first time I moved it, it's clearly just decorative and not meant to be used - POINTLESS!!

5th - The design makes the time hard to read - The face is recessed, or moreover, the glass is far too high, and there is a big gap between glass and face, so it's like looking into a cave to read the time.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TRASH, EVEN FOR UNDER £5 IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY I WOULD HATE THIS EVEN HAVE IF I HAD GOTTEN IT FOR FREE!

Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0)
Logitech OEM S120 Black Speakers (2.0)
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Not incredibly loud, but good enough for intended purpose., 14 Oct. 2013
Good quality - good sound (not great, good), for the price Papi says that these speakers are good ... very good.

Onguard Bulldog Combo D-Lock 115 x 230 x 12mm Inc Cable
Onguard Bulldog Combo D-Lock 115 x 230 x 12mm Inc Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 Oct. 2013
The thief wont even attempt to break through this; they will go for the easier target - unless you've got a very expensive bike - in which case - don't leave it on the street in the first place.

Quality is high for cable and lock, and extra keys etc.

Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by amy's Schätze

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price., 14 Oct. 2013
A very good headphone for general use;

FIT: can sit a bit loose, but are adjustable.
SOUND: quality is very good for this price range.
VOLUME: very good.
BUILD QUALITY: Flimsy - will break if put in your bag - must keep on head at all times.

All in all, very good for the price, but will not last forever as the plastic is very thin and appears flimsy.

Panasonic Retro Monitor Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars This is how it's supposed to be! Bass is perfect (what are other reviewers talking about?) Great Sound straight out of the box!, 14 July 2013
A lot of reviews stating that bass was too low on these put me off initially, but I decided that I was willing to risk it for the other reviews that said they were great.

I have regular sized ears, and these headphones nearly completely cover them, keeping out basically all external sound - so you're really in a world of your own - makes you feel even closer to the music.

The only negative point I have is that the headphones can become quite hot and after a while this can be a bit uncomfortable.

I use the headphones for music production as well as just general listening.

I am very pleased - and bass is not too high or too low - just perfect! And straight out of the box it was excellent, maybe some reviewers should check the devices they are playing the headphones off, or their settings, before blaming the headphones straight away.

I could hear the bass in rock music so clearly, exactly how it was intended in the initial recordings - for example, I was listening to nirvana and the libertines first off and you felt like you were at the recording session - for the first time I could hear the bass perfectly and the drums - WOW - every intricate detail is there - its no longer just a thud, its a type of thud, at a certain frequency, with a certain drum-kit, I can hear the difference now! Everything is so clear - nothing was tampered with electronically - this is how it is supposed to sound people!

I would say the same for dance music too, everything is so clear, and you can hear things you didn't before, little intricacies, so good!

For years I've been listening to music on run of the mill headphones - there is no comparison - with these headphones you're transported to the gig, to the recording session - YOU ARE NO LONGER JUST LISTENING, YOU ARE THERE - the producer wanted you to hear it this way - and now you get it!

Thank you Panasonic!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

Targus Backpack case without trade mark
Targus Backpack case without trade mark

1.0 out of 5 stars FELL APART, PLEASE DO NOT BUY - 3 DAYS USE ONLY., 20 Jun. 2013
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Bought this item, as, at the time, it only had one other review - which was a 5 star review!! ( I am beginning to think that was a fraudulent review, or perhaps done on the day of receiving the item).

After 3 days, the bag started to rip just under the main zip! Just came away from the stitching! What?!
This means, a huge whole on the front of the bag - I stopped using the bag after this.
I remember having bags all throughout high-school that I'd use for the whole year, fill with heavy books and mistreat severely, and they never ripped around the zip ... this is a cheap product.

I was only using the bag to transport a small laptop, one pen, one small paper notepad, and laptop leads.

Totally unacceptable. I could live with it, if the bag was 10 years old and I had been mistreating it, but this is obviously some kind of con. I think the product must be a fake.

This would discourage me from buying bags on amazon again. Better to see the quality close up.