Profile for J. Cashmore > Reviews

Soldier Spy
Soldier Spy
by Tom Marcus

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable read, 10 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Soldier Spy (Paperback)
Not convinced by the veracity of the content but didn't stop it being a very engaging and entertaining read. Real page turner - first time in a long time that I've not been able to stop reading to the end of a book in one sitting.

Fan-tastik Mens Eco-friendly Fashion Solid Color Slim Tie 2.4'' ( 6cm ) Sky Blue
Offered by Elviros UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighter than pictures, 3 Sept. 2017
I have 4 of these now. Other than them being a little lighter than the pictures, they're great. Good size; good quality.

As another review mentions, the dark grey tie is actually blue. Fortunately, it was exactly what I wanted

Temor Mouse Mat Large Economy Gaming Mouse Pad World Map Laptop Mouse Mat Black (89X40 Map)
Offered by timor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 7 Aug. 2017
Good quality mat for 15 quid. Surface pretty similar to my Razer one but looks better. Hemmed edges make it look better and stop the mouse sliding off the edge when I'm not paying attention. The writing on the map print are too blurry to read in some places but overall it's a good product.

We R Sports Old School Protein Shaker Bottle - Black
We R Sports Old School Protein Shaker Bottle - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars metal mixer isn't very good. Overall a mediocre product, 9 Aug. 2016
The lid leaks when you shake the bottle, metal mixer isn't very good. Overall a mediocre product

Samson SR850 Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones
Samson SR850 Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Only been using a day - my new daily drivers, 14 May 2016
Sound quality is loud and superb. It's crisp and clear. Coming from some Corsair Vengeance 2100s (closed back headphones), these are far better in sound quality. I can hear layers of sound in music I hadn't realised were there with these on.

Sound leakage is not a huge problem - it's not like they are amps or anything. They don't seem to work too differently to other headphones I've used, but they're not soundproof.

I ordered directly from Amazon and mine came with velour/velvet ear pads. I've heard differing reports, but I imagine it's to do with which supplier you use.

Comfort-wise, these are incredibly light. For a large pair of headphones, they put next to no pressure on the top of my head. They auto-adjust using some elastic that attach the cups to the leather-style headband. They are a little tight at the moment, but this may be because they are still new. Hopefully this will subside after a break-in period.

They look pretty nice, too. Probably wouldn't wear them with my iPod, but definitely happy enough for people to see me at a computer with them (weird comment now I think about it).

Overall very happy with this product.

imagenation Star Wars - Atst Sunset Earth - Framed Canvas Art Print : Size - 25CM X 34CM X 3CM DEPTH / 10" X 13.5" X 1"

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased overall - amusing picture, 22 Mar. 2016
The novelty value of this picture is great and the image itself is superb.

The print is pretty good quality with the expected level of detail.

Only downside is that the sides of the canvas are white as opposed to a continuation of the colouring in the image. The edges of the image are thus a little messy.

Overall pleased with this product.

ULTRICS® Micro USB Cable, Extra Long High Speed Upgraded Metal Shield Version Nylon Braided Sync and Charging Cord for Android Devices, Samsung Galaxy Sony Motorola and More [3M Blue]
Offered by ULTRICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicate but brilliant, 21 Jan. 2016
I had to buy a second one because my first ones connection broke after a few weeks of use. For the price you don't mind too much - really convenient for reaching plugs a little too far from your position and really high speed charging. Also good for wiring controllers to games consoles from a sofa. Love these cables

Newest Design Ergonomic Articulating Computer Laptop Arm Support | Height Adjustable Armrest Desk Extender | User-friendly Attachable Aluminum Alloy Arm Stand (Gray)
Offered by YANGHX

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a perfect solution but does improve your posture at a computer., 13 Jan. 2016
I haven't been using this for very long - I will update the review if my opinion changes at all.

Pros:
- Keeps my arm at a better height for typing and mouse use - takes the effort off my arm. Very comfortable
- Very easy to move the mechanism backwards and forwards between mouse and keyboard
- Height adjust is pretty good
- Looks very attractive
- Clamps onto the desk very well - the clamp is big enough not to damage the desk if you tighten too much

Cons:
- When you rest your arm on the mechanism, it does lower (obviously) under the weight of your arm, meaning that if you adjust it to table height, it will dip below. It wouldn't be so bad but when you are not using it, it does tend to get in the way a little as it will be too high when there is no weight on it
- Similar issue - the bar under the armrest itself hits the table when the armrest is at a comfortable height. This means that I've had to move the keyboard and mouse quite close to the edge of my desk to reach it when using this product.
- This will get in the way of chair arms. It is best to remove arms of your chair if you want to use this product.
- The clamp is quite large and means that in certain positions you will find that your legs are not able to fit under the desk. This very much depends on the individual using the item but I found it to be a bit of an annoyance at first.

Just to address a complaint I have seen though - I do not feel that the plastic edging is very sharp. It can be a little uncomfortable if you don't have sleeves (e.g. a jumper) on, but not in any way painful. If you are experiencing this problem, I would recommend makeshifting a solution using either a microfiber cloth or a cheap seatbelt cover (this is what I do when not wearing a jumper) - this will completely solve the issue described and is soft and comfortable anyway. I would recommend this even if wearing sleeves, as it is more comfortable and gives some padding to the product as not to cut off your circulation, which does sometimes happen after using for an hour or two.

Final point - I never really felt any discomfort or pain in my wrists after long keyboard sessions (I am a student and often have 8-10 hour writing sessions at a computer), this has really accentuated some discomfort I feel in the arm without a wrist rest. I think I may buy a second one for added comfort of posture.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2016 3:34 PM BST

Trigger Treadz - 4 Pack (Xbox One)
Trigger Treadz - 4 Pack (Xbox One)

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly comfortable but don't make any noticeable difference., 13 Jan. 2016
They don't make things any worse, but I haven't seen any improvement in how I do in video games. If you do find your fingers slipping off the triggers frequently, you may want to adjust how you're gripping the controller, but I wouldn't say there is much to recommend this product.

I am using the fine rubber markings and I can't even tell the difference (unless my fingers brush the edges of the pads), which is good. They're perfectly comfortable but I haven't noticed any discernible improvement to my gaming experience with these.

If your fingers get sweaty during play, then this may well improve airflow and help keep your fingers cooler, but I can't think of any other benefits.

iMP Thumb Treadz Thumb Grips for Xbox One
iMP Thumb Treadz Thumb Grips for Xbox One

4.0 out of 5 stars One set of grips - quite good to use, 13 Jan. 2016
This is shown as two different sets of grips (with presumably different characteristics). This is not the case.

The set with the pimples is hard plastic and goes over the sticks first, then the set with rings is a rubber material (that gives good grip) that goes over the first set. It makes the sticks substantially larger and gives good grip to them.

They don't make an enormous difference but if you want a slight edge or you find your thumb occasionally slipping off the thumbsticks, I'd happily recommend a set of these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4