Profile for patchworkpoppet > Reviews

Content by patchworkpoppet

patchworkpoppet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Victorian Chic (A Sterling/Chapelle book)
Victorian Chic (A Sterling/Chapelle book)
by Anita Louise Crane

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!!!, 10 Oct. 2011
If there were Ten stars to give this book..it wouldn't be enough.
This is my favourite book of all time...the photographs are simply stunning..the ideas are the type that you want to get up and try..NOW!!!..If you love Victorian/Country/Shabby Chic/Romantic homes..this is the book for you...my only wish is that there was another one to follow it!
Anita Loise Crane has also done another book called' Two Hour Scrap Crafts.'.which ties in nicely with this book...
If you can find either book..BUY IT!!!

Christmas Crafting In No Time
Christmas Crafting In No Time
by Clare Youngs

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Christmas..., 5 Sept. 2011
I ordered this book in August..to get started on Christmas projects....I like the book..however there isn't anything really 'new' in here...I liked the front cover..as it reminded me of 'Tilda' and Sweedish type designs..but the book isn't filled with such things..it does have a few lovely photos..but I'm wanting a 'full on'..'pretty ''country' 'romantic' 'shabby' type of book..and so far haven't found a Christmas one that fits the bill..this isn't that book...the projects are quick in most cases..but not what I would want in the house...
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2011 4:48 PM BST

Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
by Jennifer Paganelli

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!, 5 Sept. 2011
This is a treasure..the book itself is presented really well..very pretty to look at and all the patterns for the projects are kept in a little wallet attatched inside the front cover.There are many projects in here...not just clothes..but things for 'Bigger' girls too...great for making gifts and fete makes...I bought it out of curiosity..and LOVE it.

Cabbages & Roses: Vintage Chic: Using romantic fabrics and flea market finds
Cabbages & Roses: Vintage Chic: Using romantic fabrics and flea market finds
by Christina Strutt

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely book....BUT!!!...., 5 Sept. 2011
I have bought other Cabbages and Roses Books..and this one looks similar..in fact its almost the same as the book that was published in 2003/4..same photos..I am keeping it ..as my oler one is rather well thumbed now..but I wouldn't bother if you have the other book really as its an expensive mistake and should have been put onto the market as a re-launch..HOWEVER if you haven't got the other book..then buy it..its lovely!

I Think I Love You
I Think I Love You
by Allison Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you were a '70's teen..., 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: I Think I Love You (Paperback)
If you were around in the '70's and loved DC...then this is the book to bring back all those teenage dreams..I read it in two sittings ..and then again.
I loved DC and then moved on to the Bay City Rollers..but whatever band/star you 'Loved'this will bring back heaps of feelings.
The story is well researched and I can honestly say..its one of those easy to read books that grip you from page one..because YOU WERE THERE..you can relate to the problems Petra has wanting to belong and knowing that she is the ONE for David...read it..you will love it!

Canny Keepsakes - Colliery Days: A Fabric Project Book
Canny Keepsakes - Colliery Days: A Fabric Project Book
by Florrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Canny!, 25 Jan. 2011
This is a lovely book..not only does it have projects that the avaerage stitcher can make..its photographs are stunning..a real feel for 'bygone days up North'..anyone and everyone should have a copy of this delight in their collection.

The Tilda Characters Collection: Birds, Bunnies, Angels and Dolls
The Tilda Characters Collection: Birds, Bunnies, Angels and Dolls
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous.., 7 Jan. 2011
I received this box set for Christmas..and although I have all the 'Tilda' books..the presentation of this set is just lovely.The design of the box and the colours/patterns make it a delight to look at....I love my Tilda books..although..I tend to drool at the pictures more than actually make anyhting...this box set makes it easier to focus on the actual 'making'!!!...it would make a great gift and is a good price for the quality of the whole package.

Sew Scandinavian
Sew Scandinavian
by Nadja Knab-Leers

4.0 out of 5 stars ARGH!!!!, 7 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Sew Scandinavian (Paperback)
This was a Christmas present..and its adorable...if you love 'Tilda'..you will love this too...its full of ideas and wonderful photos...the Teddy is just adorable.. its great!

Country Living Merry & Bright: 301 Festive Ideas for Celebrating Christmas
Country Living Merry & Bright: 301 Festive Ideas for Celebrating Christmas
by The Editors of Country Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Merry and Bright!!!..., 7 Jan. 2011
Have had this book a while now..its FULL of the kind of Nostalgic pictures that I love..using the things of Christmas past and present....great ideas to copy to give your home that 'old fashioned' look..if you like Modern things this isn't for you..on the other hand if you adore 'Vintage'..you will LOVE this book...

The Farm Chicks Christmas: Merry Ideas for the Holidays (Country Living)
The Farm Chicks Christmas: Merry Ideas for the Holidays (Country Living)
by Serena Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Fron ' 'Farm chicks'..a 'Happy Chic'!!!..., 7 Jan. 2011
Great book for over the Christmas period....loads of ideas..but nothing outrageous..or anyhting hard...a great read too...loved this book..another for your collection of 'Christmas Books'...but some of the projects could be adapted for all year use!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3