Profile for A Petty > Reviews

Content by A Petty

A Petty "Coach AP" (Thatcham, England)

Energizer 632648 LED Headlight - Silver, pack of 1
Energizer 632648 LED Headlight - Silver, pack of 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light, 16 Aug. 2013
I chose this as I was going trekking and needed a light for in the tent and for some night walking. The headlight worked very well for what I wanted. My only issue is that the switch can go to on too easily and I found it had been on all day in my rucksack so had to change the batteries. I then took the batteries out each time I wasn't using it - this worked but a bit of a pain.

Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment (New Rules Social Media Series)
by Jim Sterne

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing approach to metrics, 16 Aug. 2013
I have already listened to the book on audio and there are so many good learnings to introduce into my business. I bought the book as there is too much to take on in one go. I will be able to develop my metrics bit by bit as I go through the book.

25 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 25 x 12ml portions
25 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 25 x 12ml portions

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Milk!, 16 Aug. 2013
Chose this product for the convenience for a trek - easy to open and was sufficient quantity for my morning and evening cuppa. Tasted like milk and tasted fine in my tea & coffee.

Trekmates Delux Pillow - Blue
Trekmates Delux Pillow - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 16 Aug. 2013
I chose this pillow as it was one of the lightest and good value for money. It may not have been the most comfortable, but I found that by folding it in half it worked very well. Suited my trek as i was carrying everything and had a total carry weight of almost 20kgs.

Premier Housewares Serving Tray - Rubberwood
Premier Housewares Serving Tray - Rubberwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, 15 May 2013
Good solid tray, it's used all the time and is wearing very well. It is functional and easy to keep clean.

Who Pays the Piper
Who Pays the Piper
by Mackenzie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant SAS thriller, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Who Pays the Piper (Hardcover)
What a terrific read! I couldn't put it down. This is a brilliant thriller crammed full of page-turning action and suspense. I was surprised to learn it is Mackenzie Smith's first novel - the quality of the writing and story bodes well for future works.

I hope Mackenzie has more SAS trickery up his sleeve. I wonder if this is already being considered for movie rights? I feel it would make a fantastic film.

Financial Intelligence: A Manager's Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean
by Karen Berman

5.0 out of 5 stars Financial Intelligence: A Managers Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean, 6 April 2010
Finally a book about finance for someone who needs more than the basics. This book answers many of the aspects of finance that accountants and finance departments never share... or are unable to help you understand! This book is a must for all small business owners and company managers and staff alike. If you don't know the score, you don't know if you're winning the game.
I recommend this book to anyone who has at least a basic understanding of Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss; who needs to be able to run their business and/or communicate effectivly with their accountant or finance department. This book brought a level of clarity on the subject I've never had before!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gear, 7 Jun. 2009
I researched a lot of Rucksacks before deciding on this one. This Rucksack is exactly what I wanted. Excellent value for the short 3 day trip I had planned. The Rucksack performed well and all the Straps, zips and compartments worked as required. If you are planning a long trek or trip, I feel it might be worth investing in a Rucksack with a more structured harness/padding system.

Canon CLI-8 Multipack (cyan,magenta, Yellow + 50 Sheets Photo Paper 4x6)
Canon CLI-8 Multipack (cyan,magenta, Yellow + 50 Sheets Photo Paper 4x6)
Offered by Deals4Geeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Value, 7 Jun. 2009
This purchase was a good value way to get the genuine ink for my printer. I have found that other makes of ink do not work as well as Cannon's own - the colours do not match up in the final print.