Profile for Docfreem > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Born To Be With You [VINYL]
Born To Be With You [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent reissue by Ace records, 16 Dec. 2015
At last it's out on vinyl.Very very pleasing to hear cut on wax.This is an excellent reissue by Ace records.Sounds fantastic on my Project Debut Carbon.I doubt it's all analogue cut but hey, I'll take it.
Dion and his legendary album produced by Phil Spector.Just get it!

Creation Artifact 45 [7" VINYL]
Creation Artifact 45 [7" VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slabs of small vinyl gold in this lovely put ..., 1 Jun. 2015
Great slabs of small vinyl gold in this lovely put together box.
I have 3 of the originals already but so nice to hear in perfect condition.
An excellent collectible singles box from Creation records.

Saturns Pattern
Saturns Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Box Excellent, 20 May 2015
This review is from: Saturns Pattern (Audio CD)
A really nice package put together for this newest Paul Weller release.
The deluxe box feels solid and the vinyl sounds just great.
I would have liked to see the DVD and Cd on a separate card and not part of the gatefold vinyl sleeve.

Prisoners O.S.T. [VINYL]
Prisoners O.S.T. [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl Rules, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Prisoners O.S.T. [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Sounds ace on wax!! Great string textures with brilliant stereo soundscape.Get it now whilst you can, very limited on vinyl

I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You [VINYL]
I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning reissue!!!!!, 23 Dec. 2013
Words truly cannot describe what love and care has gone into this beautiful piece of wax.Aretha Franklins Atlantic debut has quietly been reissued in its original mono mix.The sound is incredible and blows you away.The labels have also been faithfully recreated by using the famous 1st pressing Orange/Aubergine labels.Even the sleeve is anti static.
Please buy this now and add to your collection.It is one of the greatest female sessions of all time.
Rhino you are to be commended on a sterling reissue.
Would love to see her classic Atlantic albums re-released in a special edition box set.

Dire Straits: The Complete Studio Albums 1978-1991 [VINYL]
Dire Straits: The Complete Studio Albums 1978-1991 [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl Box Set, 26 Nov. 2013
So far so good, a great package all around.Pressed at Pallas and sounding really good on my system.Listened to the very first 2 albums this afternoon and happy indeed with the pressings.
I got it for £70.00 with Amazon and this represents fantastic value for money.A worthy addition to anyones record collection and good sonic upgrade
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 5:22 PM GMT

The Beatles In Stereo Vinyl Box [Boxed Set] [VINYL]
The Beatles In Stereo Vinyl Box [Boxed Set] [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Just creamed my pants!, 22 Nov. 2013
Waited for 1 year to get my hands on this baby and yes it's an incredible package.Forget the audiophilia pretentious crap, it's the dogs bollocks.

Blonde On Blonde [VINYL]
Blonde On Blonde [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas came early - Vinyl delight 45rpm, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Blonde On Blonde [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'll be quick and to the point.Bob arrived this morning in a very nice box containing 3lp's spinning at 45rpm.
I'm smiling, I know my sound system and what sounds great on vinyl, this is it!
All I can say is I want to take a woman to bed with these remarkable tones in the background.
Take my word for it, just buy it!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2013 12:39 AM BST

How Great Thou Art [VINYL]
How Great Thou Art [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl heaven, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: How Great Thou Art [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Absolute top notch quality session by Presley, recorded in Nashville.I'm not a big religious fan but these recordings make me wanna get closer to God!
Of course this album won the Grammy that year, well deserved due to amazing production and fantastic vocal backing.
It just sounds ace on this special 2LP gatefold set.I am so happy to have returned to vinyl and really surprised how convincing music sounds to the ears on wax.

Pot Luck Sessions [VINYL]
Pot Luck Sessions [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars It's that guy again, Presley on vinyl, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pot Luck Sessions [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This guy really could sing anything! A really fantastic 2LP vinyl set that once again, oozes Nashville studio perfection.Fantastic stereo dynamics on these discs and I'm impressed with the overall sound.Great quality packaging gatefold sleeve and heavyweight big shiny plastic 12" discs that scream "Get me a record player"
It's gotta be vinyl.