Profile for Gadgeteer1066 > Reviews

Content by Gadgeteer1066

Gadgeteer1066 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Westcott Rosewood Handle Letter Opener (29691)
Westcott Rosewood Handle Letter Opener (29691)
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - does the job and looks good, 27 April 2016
I had a problem with a late delivery - down to Royal Mail, not the seller, as it turns out who subsequently contacted me with an update (thank you for responding). This is not an expensive item and was delivered with free postage and really, unless you were out to make a statement or to give something as a gift, this is perfect for opening letters. It kind of has the look of a wooden handled steak knife, except the blade is double edged and whilst it is sharp enough to tackle any letters, it will not do you any harm. It is solidly made and looks in keeping, sitting on my wooden desk. I am very pleased with it.

Cast and Bandage Protector, Adult, Short Leg
Cast and Bandage Protector, Adult, Short Leg
Offered by Uk Mobility Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrower opening than the full length leg version, might not suit everyone, 24 April 2016
I have the long-leg version of this already. However, I only need it to cover a dressing that extends up my leg to below the knee. As a consequence, the 'bag' is twice as long as it needs to be and I often have a good proportion of the 'spare' bag flapping around beyond my foot. I saw this shorter one and thought that would be a neater solution. Unfortunately, not only is the bag length shorter (perfect in fact) but the ring and rubberised seal is also far narrower than the long length version. Whilst I could get this product onto my 'other' leg, there is not a chance that it would fit over my heavily dressed/bandaged leg and so I have had to return it.
Quality wise it is just as good as the full length one - excellent and durable, this is just a matter of size.

Canvas Backpack Vintage Rucksack Unisex Causal Daypacks Bag (Coffee)
Canvas Backpack Vintage Rucksack Unisex Causal Daypacks Bag (Coffee)
Offered by SUPTOON

5.0 out of 5 stars Best backpack around - and now with new high quality zips!, 18 April 2016
I have revised my review. My original comments are at the end.

My one and only gripe with this otherwise excellent bag were the zips. They ruined what was otherwise a really great product, as you can see from my initial remarks. I really did miss it when my zips failed and I stopped using it. I couldn't find anything else that was the right size, with all the interior pockets and just the right weight of canvas - and as comfortable to wear. (A real case of you don't know what you have got 'til its gone and all that).

Well the great news is that they have fixed the problem with the zips! I was contacted by the seller who told me that they had listened to their customers and had upgraded the quality of the zips. Also, in what was great customer service, they contacted me and offered to replace my faulty bag with a new one, with the new zips, even though I bought it back in August last year. I now have my new replacement and it is the same old great product that I am again taking everywhere with me - and with the added bonus of having the smoothest, slickest zips - perfect.

I now cannot fault this bag - for me it is perfect and I unreservedly recommend it.

---- original review ----
It's a while since I bought this and I have held off because although I was originally delighted with the bag (so much so, I bought a second) I had lingering doubts that have now been justified. Don't get me wrong, I like the size of the bag, I like the shoulder straps - it is extremely comfortable to wear. I love the interior pockets within the main section...

But... the zips are totally rubbish. They were always a little hard to open and close but they worked, but I was expecting them to fail and now they have. There is a very useful hidden side pocket that on one of my two bags is perfect for taking passports and such like (on the other you would struggle to fit much more than a ballpoint pen which must say something about quality control). Unfortunately, this zip is now stuck half open, half closed and the teeth behind the zipped up section have parted. The three zips on the exterior pockets all remain operational - just and remain difficult to open and close.

What a great product ruined by using such shoddy zips. Having two of these bags, I can tell you that this is not a problem isolated to one item and I have read other reviews that have marked this bag down because of the zips.

If you are just interested in using the main section of the bag and will never used the (small) side pockets or (slightly larger) centre pocket or 'hidden' variable sized pocket then go ahead and get it - I think you will like it, otherwise, be prepared to have the zips fail on you and hope nothing falls out (from teeth that have opened) or gets locked inside when you can no longer open it.

Mens Socks, 5 Pairs, 12-14 UK, 47-50 EU, White, Soft Loop cuff no-elastic Diabetic Socks
Offered by Maybury

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 April 2016
good fit, nice quality. Great for the price

aerolatte Milk Frother with Storage Tube, Black
aerolatte Milk Frother with Storage Tube, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 31 Mar. 2016
Bought this to replace a cheaper one we had from Ikea, actually several we had from Ikea - they never seemed to last. This is in a whole different league; far sturdier and robust. I like that it is in a case and that it has a plastic insert to slide along the shaft both keep it clean and safe from damage. Oh, and it goes without saying that this is the easiest and most straightforward way to froth up milk for your coffee!

Marsboy Universal Mount Holder with Flexible Adjustable Long Arm for Cell Phones GPS Iphone
Offered by TopBrandBOXUK

2.0 out of 5 stars For lightweight devices only, 31 Mar. 2016
At first I thought I was going to like this. I liked the way you could shape it to where you want it to be. However, after changing my phone from a Blackberry to an iPhone 6s Plus in a hard case it became unusable as it just drooped down to the desk. I tried twisting the metal to build some resistance to this happening but it just didn't work. Okay for lightweight work only. Mine's gone off to the charity shop.

Mens Socks, 3 Pairs, 11-14 UK, Dark, Big Foot 100% Cotton non-elastic suitable for Diabetic; Socks
Offered by ONLINE 4U

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value, 31 Mar. 2016
They are a good roomy size and feel good on the foot. My only slight criticism would be that they are not totally soft top as they have a defined edge at the top. However, if they are not pulled up the whole way and are allowed to droop, this doesn't become an issue. Unbeatable value

Radfan Classic MAX - Low Power Radiator Fan
Radfan Classic MAX - Low Power Radiator Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a significant difference to a chilly part of my room UPDATED: excellent customer service, 24 Feb. 2016
I want to provide an update to my earlier review for the Radfan Classic Max. As you will see in my initial review, below, I reported that when it arrived it was in two pieces and I had to click it together. Almost immediately Simon Barker from Radfan contacted me to let me know that it shouldn't have been that way and offered me a replacement. At the time I decided to keep my original as it was sitting comfortably in place. However, as we come towards the end of winter, I'm not sure what happened; maybe it had been knocked or moved during cleaning, but I ended up with it coming apart. I contacted Radfan and I was once again offered a replacement. This in itself is absolutely excellent customer service. However, Simon has gone the extra mile because the parcel company I used to return the faulty one managed to lose it en route and despite not having the faulty one back he honoured his promise to send out a replacement, free of charge.

I would just like to end this updated review by summarising that this is a product that has really worked for me all through winter, making a significant difference in a previously chilly large room. I consider it to be well made and a great design. The fact that mine originally arrived damaged (probably in transit) and the excellent service I have received only reinforces my view that Radfan is a company who care about what they produce - and their customers.

----- original review -------

I started off buying the smallest one, for a study where I work at home. There was a shelf above the radiator and although it was only a small room it never seemed to warm up quickly or 'feel' as warm as it should. I was so impressed I immediately ordered this, the largest in the range. I have a large L shaped kitchen/living area with 2 radiators, one towards the kitchen and one against an outside wall and under a large window in the living area. In addition, there is a bi-fold door on an adjacent wall. Whilst the kitchen area would always warm up and reach temperature, there was always a slight chill in the living area. This led to the heating being turned up and the rest of the area becoming over-warm. I fitted this and within minutes I could feel the slightest hint of warmth coming from the radiator, blowing towards me. The effect is subtle: do not expect this to be like a an electric fan heater. It has, however, transformed the whole sitting area, it is now at the perfect temperature and has allowed me to set a more reasonable temperature for the whole room. These are not cheap - far more expensive that other devices on the market. I once bought one of those cardboard-like tubes with mini fans at either end - that was expensive because it did not work; this has made a massive difference and therefore is paying back its investment everyday (not to mention saving on gas from the lowered temp). The smaller one is very robust, this max size one with 6 fans is like having two smaller ones with a join in the middle. When I opened the box, they were not properly connected (but being held together by the wiring) I had to push-fit the two halves together and I think moving this one from room to room might be a stretch, but having fitted in place it seems secure and robust where it is. It does fit easily on top of the radiator and the magnets do hold it firmly in place. The colour is a perfect match for my radiator (about 2 years old). The larger one has 6 fans. There is a slight hum from it when the room is quiet - it is lost when the TV or radio is on or when people are in the room and talking. It is never an intrusive noise and after a short while you forget it is there. Actually, the smaller one doesn't seem any quieter, but I sit quite close to that and it is in a small room, but again, it is no louder than the hum of my laptop's fan, so not an issue in my opinion. For me, I believe they have been a good buy and have improved a problem I have struggled with for a long time. I highly recommend them
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2016 1:41 PM GMT

Jml Regis Stone 28Cm Frying Pan 28Cm
Jml Regis Stone 28Cm Frying Pan 28Cm
Offered by Lake Home and Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Long term review - still as good as new, 12 Jan. 2016
I have had two pans (28 and 20cm) from the same range for over a year now. I didn't want to write something too soon because I have had a few that have started off really good but then lost all of their non-stick characteristics. I am happy to report that these have stood the test of time and still perform as good as the day I bought them. Nothing sticks and they still look good. The larger one has a slight browning to the centre (my fault for letting something overheat a few times) but no impact on performance. I use them on an induction hob and they perform well. Best pans for a long time, at any price.

Roberts Vintage DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger
Roberts Vintage DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good performance, 12 Jan. 2016
This is a very stylish piece of kit that follows the traditional lines of Roberts radios. It is quite compact with a bit of weight behind it that gives it a quality feel. The controls are similar to other models and is simple and straightforward to use. Sound quality is very good. I have added rechargeable batteries and run it on batteries but you can also run it from the mains. It is worth mentioning that the built in battery charger only works when it is turned off but battery life has been impressive to date. It has a traditional telescopic aerial but at home it works well in many areas without needing to extend it. In fact, the reception on DAB is better than other radios I have used, receiving a good signal in areas that previously were out of reach. In summary, it looks good, feels good and performs well. Highly recommended

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7