Profile for Doolan666 > Reviews

Content by Doolan666

Doolan666

Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (PS3)
Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all levels of player., 1 Oct. 2012
Hi guys,

Just bought this game before the weekend as I;ve been waiting for it to come out in the uk for some time.

Now I've been playing the Guitar for around 6 years now and I'm not to bad. I'm self tought with some help from the net and a few books. I was a bit on edge about this game thinking it could very well be rubbish for someone who can already play but have to say I love it!

I'm not in a band at the moment so only get to practice with the odd backing track and this game makes that whole process more fun. I get a genuine buzz when you play a "gig" on the game. I've also learned a little from the game. I've seen a few chords I didn't already know and it's helped with my harmonics. You do have to go through the process of levelling up the songs as they are easy when you first start out but after a while they do get very tricky and it gives any level of player a good challange.

I do have a slight chritisism with the lag of the game. At the moment the game runs through HDMI cable. I'll get round to changing this as I can live with it at the moment. Also my retention of the songs is a little low. It might be a slight christisim of this methord of teaching but I can blast through the songs when I'm playing but as soon as I turn the game off my mind is a blank. I think the best method is to play on your own as well and use this as more a fun way to practice.

But other than that it's great fun! All in all I'd say go out and buy it...you won't be dissapointed!

BTW...the amp modelling on the game is better that my Mustang III which I paid £250 for a few months back. Gutted!!!