Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Derbyshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Urban Classics Men's TB479 Spray Dye Henley Long Sleeve T Shirt XL Hummer
Urban Classics Men's TB479 Spray Dye Henley Long Sleeve T Shirt XL Hummer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt for the slimmer chap., 4 Jun. 2015
Quality-wise, as good as any I've bought in the past few years. The arms and body are the perfect length, but it's designed for a much slimmer frame than my own. If I'd gone up a couple of sizes, it would have probably looked like a nightshirt. A looser-fitting version would have been perfect.

Martin Sports Tube Socks-Football,Soccer,Softball, Baseball,Volleyball-Medium
Martin Sports Tube Socks-Football,Soccer,Softball, Baseball,Volleyball-Medium
Offered by US-ZINC

4.0 out of 5 stars Socks, for sports., 30 May 2015
Fair quality socks. Arrival exceeded estimate by wide margin: Ordered 2 March 2015, arrived 30 May 2015

Edge Trim Black (per metre)
Edge Trim Black (per metre)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bar Stool Maintenance (Again), 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Edge Trim Black (per metre)
Another kitchen bar stool repair job tale, I'm afraid. The official replacements are around £16 each, which is only £10 less than the stools themselves cost. And if they're not an improvement on the factory fitted gaskets, then they'll become brittle and fall apart in a couple of years.
Various forums recommend this repair route, so it was just a matter of following the breadcrumbs laid down by fellow stool-owners.

It's a good snug fit on the metal's edge and took minutes to install.
Initial impressions are good, I think it sounds better on the kitchen tiles than the hard plastic did. Time will tell.
I may come back one day with an update, but really there's not much can go wrong with a U-shaped strip of metal and rubber. If it comes loose I'll just press it back on place. If it wears, I think it will be possible to take it off and refit it upside-down so that the unworn part gets some floor action.

American Apparel Thermal Long Sleeve Henley
American Apparel Thermal Long Sleeve Henley
Offered by American Apparel UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Don't Be Afraid of the Outlay, 5 July 2013
Because you'll be wearing one for a long, long time.

I bought my first of these sometime around the second series of Dexter, in the same olive colour the character's often seen wearing.
Soon after, I owned a white, a grey and a navy one. They're a good fit, easy to care for and really hard-wearing.
Having visited the AA shop on Oxford St, it looks as if there are some variations in colour materials, stitching etc. The ones on the racks didn't all look identical, maybe the smaller ones have fewer collar buttons? I didn't spend long enough studying them to be sure. I only mention this because there was no way to know if the quality was consistent throughout and some might prove more resilient than others. This is a review of the ones I received, which have all been excellent.
If I had to nitpick, I'd say the sleeves are maybe a little long. No biggie, I usually fold them over at the cuff or pull them up.

Can't recommend these highly enough, just don't buy cheaper ones expecting similar quality or fit (from Next, for example).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 18 Mar. 2013
For the price and build quality, I'm going to agree with the majority of reviews about this tablet. I've used iPads, a Nexus 7 and a Kindle Fire, and really the only thing separating those from the StarPAD is the screen. It's very well made and feels solid, with a reassuring weight to it, and if you own an Android phone you'll know exactly how to use the UI.
The full-size USB slot was a nice touch, if you're a retro sort of person, you can recreate the days of Apple's Message Pad 2000 by simply adding a mini keyboard. It works a treat, although using the software keyboard's no ordeal as the screen's very responsive.
YouTube videos play smoothly, and the sound's not that bad for a small speaker. Haven't hooked it up to the TV yet, and may never as it seems to me a slightly odd thing to do.

If I were to nitpick, it would be just a couple of small things. The screen seems a little dim and benefits from being tilted down slightly when viewing, I also wish there was some way to up the contrast a smidge.

Overall, a great tablet. It's obvously not the best that money can buy, but it's definitely one of the best for the money.

CAMBRIDGE SCIENCES KB7 leatherette carry case. Fits the StarPAD 7 and many other 7 inch tablet pcs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Not Quite 100%, 18 Mar. 2013
I bought this case to fit the StarPAD 7 mainly because I knew it would fit. There are plenty of cases on the market, and they've all got their strengths and weaknesses, but there's something somehow better (to my mind) about having things match each other.

First off, I should mention that the case depicted is not the same design as the one I received. The pictures show red strips on which to rest the case's edge for 3 viewing angles. Mine has none of these and only one angle, which is a bit fiddly to set up as you have to prise open a leather flap on the back that the cover rests in. Personally, I don't bother with it very often.
The case is pretty sturdy and well-made with a grey suede-ish or moleskin lining. A broad elastic strip (as on a folder or organiser) keeps the case closed if need be. There's a nice Cambridge logo pressed onto the front, so it looks very neat and tidy.
One surprising oversight is the lack of hole for the power on/recharging LED to shine through. I've no idea how they missed that out, it's hopefully something they'll rectify in later revisions. However, a leather punch and some care solved things out reasonably well. Other access points for memory, USB etc are easy to get to without removing the tablet, which goes back to the earlier point about it fitting perfectly. The rear face is punched with 6 holes to allow sound from the speaker, which it does very well.

So, it's a good case to put a very good tablet into. I'm glad I bought it, and if anyone at Cambridge is reading this please consider adding that small hole, if only to silence pedants like myself. Thank you.

Black + Decker Pivot Handle Lithium Screwdriver
Black + Decker Pivot Handle Lithium Screwdriver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great During Its Lifetime, 15 Mar. 2013
The product itself is robust and reliable, I can't fault it. However, when the batteries deplete there are no spares available. You might be able to find pictures of them from somewhere in Europe or India, but effectively the case, driver and charger (worth a tenner on its own) are junk once the battery's dead. Unwilling to accept this, I tried the Power Tool Centre people who are meant to support B&D kit, and they confirmed that the only spare available is the charger. They suggested Maplins for a similar battery.

It's possible to buy an identically proportioned over-the-counter 1.2v rechargable cell and solder three of them together, but not wanting to pay Maplin prices I went to an indie electronics outlet. A rare beast indeed. They said it all sounded very do-able to use AAAs instead as they're cheaper and would fit nicely in the handle and offer the same amount of power even if not for as long. Unfortunately, they wanted around £4 for each of the similar cells, which is probably as or more expensive than Maplins, I don't know. £12 and some work to save a £25 tool that's over 5 years old? It's a chin-stroker...

In the spirit of experimentation I tried three AAAs, the driver worked fine but the batteries just wouldn't charge up. No idea why.

So I gave up and will be buying something else when finances allow. Maybe a B&D, maybe not.
If anyone else's mileage varies, please let me know.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 19 Jan. 2013
This was chosen due to the rave reviews here on Amazon, which I'll add to now.
It arrived partially charged and connected to the WiFi in minutes. The charger is absolutely fine on ours, maybe they've revised it as some have said it's flimsy.
Daughter loves it, she's finding new stuff that she can do with it all the time. At the moment, it's helping her through Portal 2.

All Things Bright And Beautiful
All Things Bright And Beautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars Rave Review from the Recipient, 19 Jan. 2013
A well-received Christmas present, Daughter loves it. One track in particular (Galaxies) gets a lot of play. Delivery was prompt despite the Festive Season, packaging as good as always.

IMOS® 7" Inch Tablet Keyboard case with Stand - PINK for the M009S, ELITE range of tablets / A10 7" / LY-F1 - Great Protection for your tablet.
Offered by Time2 Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Daughter's Needs, 19 Jan. 2013
This has become the solution terminal for playing Portal 2. Watching a girl of 12 play a game more skilfully than I ever could, whilst sending and receiving texts, and looking up game guides on her tablet, is a humbling experience. Back in my day, pocket calculator etc etc.
No complaints at all, apparently the keyboard works very well with thin, nimble fingers. Though I was initially concerned one of the restraining pieces would block the camera, it doesn't.
My one reservation is that there's little more than friction to stop the tablet dropping out sideways. It hasn't yet, and it may never, but it's something I'm very wary of.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 7:10 PM GMT