Profile for grzegorzszymczak > Reviews

More Jack Than God
More Jack Than God
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars more than shadows in the air, 18 Sept. 2003
This review is from: More Jack Than God (Audio CD)
Again ,same as 2 years ago when I got firstly "Shadows in the air" from amazon, I am getting more than expected. Of course classic remade songs of cream like "We are goin wrong", "I feel free" and "Politician" are coming as no surprise with great support of Berni Worrell B-3 and Vernon Reid guitar. The other new songs (total play time 66 min!) remind me of Harmony row and Monkjack atmosphere. The "tempo" is influenced by great Latinos drum band - El Horacio and Robby Ameen. If you like it go for other cds of Kip Hanrahan with JB. JB voice is magnificent and songs will become new anthems - check out UH,Oh! and tribute to Cozy Powell.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars prereview to what we might expect - Stockholm 1975, 17 April 2003
Like crowds of JB fans I do expect to get a hold of the 2 CD live set. Beforehand, let me share my expectations as I already have 2cd set bootleged from Stockholm 1975. Side 1 of the cd is the same. I want to pay your attention to perfect medley of tickets to waterfall/ weird of hermiston/ post war. Side 2 slightly differs. First of all there is no "out into the fields" which is a great performance and the other songs are rather extended - "smiles and grins" over 16 min. My version keeps "sunshine of your love" for 4 min most probably due to the "rush of the band to leave for London". This is vital element of JB discography. It is a pity we do not have live version of "without a word" taken from BBC Live Test 1975.

Shadows In The Air (OLD VERSION)
Shadows In The Air (OLD VERSION)
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars jack bruce retrospective with latin tinge, 11 July 2001
I just got the cd by express mail from amazon uk and had a chance to first plug in last night in at 11pm. I am devoted JB fan and had some expectations regarding the cd (something like cd "question of time" 1989 maybe). While listening to it I could easily recall "old" songs of cream 1968/ west bruce laing 1972 and from JB solo album "Songs for tailor" 1969. They are reworked perfectly with the help of Clapton and "Latinos". New numbers are similar to the work of JB with Kip Hanrahan (check out Kip cds of american clave - exotica, many roads, vertical.. from 90s featuring JB). Anyway the first impression is that Jack decided to follow the new songs in the calm and distinctive mood of "Monkjack" and concentrated with new material mostly on musical side - he plays piano, bass and acoustic guitar. Vernon Reid should be given extra credit for his guitar contribution. Gary Moore is not jumping up with his guitar but follows the mood (you can hear him twice on new numbers). The album is beautifully released with lyrics and lots of pictures. Have you heard of Cream and JB - - belive me you got to buy it. Nice for summer as well.