Profile for Mrs. C. Swarfield > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Swarfield
Top Reviewer Ranking: 730

Mrs. C. Swarfield
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
To the Bright Edge of the World
To the Bright Edge of the World
by Eowyn Ivey

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating novel., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I fell in love with this book almost immediately. I loved Sophie and her husband too. Sophie is a genteel rebel in a world that is just as harsh and inhospitable to women as the wilds of Alaska are to her husband and his not so merry band of men.

I loved the parts of the novel where the men were travelling up the river. Alaska was a really brutal country and this book depicts the hardship,in great detail. This is a tale of endurance and fortitude. These men banded together to enable them to survive.

This is a well researched historical novel and I am devastated to finish it, I absolutely loved the Snow Child, and this is a very worthy second novel. I cannot wait for her next book.

Bourjois La Laque Nail Polish, Are You Reddy? 05
Bourjois La Laque Nail Polish, Are You Reddy? 05

4.0 out of 5 stars Applies easily., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely nail varnish that glides on easily. I particularly like the fact that only one coat is needed for a glossy professional appearance. It is a gorgeous colour not too vivid but a lovely dark pink. The bottle is wedge shaped and really quirky. Dries really fast only a few minutes.

Just done my toe nails and they look lovely, all I need is some sun to show them off now in my scrappy sandals. A good quality nail varnish at a very reasonable price. Recommend.

Oball Go Grippers Bounce n Zoom Speedway
Oball Go Grippers Bounce n Zoom Speedway

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique car toy., 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well since the little one in our family was given this earlier to try he has not stopped playing with it. It arrives in a an enormous box which caused great excitement in itself. He absolutely loves the noise that the arm makes when it is lowered to grab the car! We have all had great fun with this, this afternoon. Really easy to put together, it was,all clicked into place and beingmplayedmwoth in a matter,of minutes.

It is a great design, and the robot arm is ingenious. The way the car gets picked up by the crane and then bounces on the trampoline has him in gales of laughter. Just need to invest in some more cars. A great design and a fabulous product.

The Trespasser: The most hotly anticipated crime thriller of the year
The Trespasser: The most hotly anticipated crime thriller of the year
by Tana French

5.0 out of 5 stars A suspenseful and exciting yet heartbreaking novel., 29 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Detective Antionette Conway is tough, bitter, difficult and brilliant. She feels hunted and persecuted by other colleagues and members of the Dublin Murder Squad. How much is fact and how much is her being paranoid? Does looking for ulterior motives hinder her capacity to effectively search for the killer of a young woman whose boyfriend seems to be the main suspect. How did the victim fabricate stories that led to her final moments? How much are Antionette's fellow detectives crafting their own versions of reality and are they doing it to mislead the investigation for their own reasons?

This is detective fiction at its best and I absolutely loved it.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish, 130 How Nude 14.7 ml
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish, 130 How Nude 14.7 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality nail polish., 29 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly Sally Hansen nail products are some of the best on the market. I have used them for years and always found the, to be excellent quality. These nail gel polishes are no exception. Together the best out of the. You need to apply correctly giving your nails two coats and finishing with a topcoat. The only negative I candid is they take ages to dry. You need to leave at least twenty minutes between coats and a little bit longer on the top coat. For best results I applied two cats of polish and then finished with the Sally Hansen top coat.

I quite like this colour it seems to suit me, it is not the only nude shade in the range though as well as gorgeous other colours. A great polish that I am going to invest in, in some more colours.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish, 380 Malibu Peach, a Salmon Orange, 14.7 ml
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous colour but does need a bit of practise., 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have long been a fan of Sally Hansen nail products and their new nail varnishes are gorgeous. This Malibu Peach Miracle Gel nail polish is a gorgeous soft orange colour with a lovely sparkle to it.

Easy to apply with the unique brush that sweeps over the nail due to the curved end. It dries really shiny BUT you need to leave this gel polish dry really hard before re-applying the second coat. It does need a Stop coat to achieve the desired finish and I used the Sally Hansenmiracle gel top coat (no 2). It does dry quicker in the light so I sat in the garden and they really did drymuchquicker.

I do like this nail gel but you need much more care and dedication than normal polish as if you rush it it ends up patchy and streaky,I think in this I trance practise really does make perfect.

The Secret Wife
The Secret Wife
by Gill Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful novel., 28 July 2016
This review is from: The Secret Wife (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is th first book I have read by this author, and what a book, in a word fantastic. I am going to get her previous novels now!! This booked hooked me from page one. I could not put this down, I had to know what was going to happen.

Kitty, finding out her husband is having an affair, leaves him abruptly and flies out to Akanabee where she h recently inherited her great grandfathers tumble down cottage by the lake. She wonders when she is there what sort of man her great grandfather was and why her grandparents never ever spoke of him. As she repairs the cabin and does some research into him she uncovers and discovers things about him that could have meant an entirely different life for her family. Delving into the past makes Kitty question her own life and what she wants from it.

Kitty's great grandfather Dimitri suffered a leg injury whilst in action inRussia and woke up one morning inRussia with an angel beside him, in fact it was Tatiana, part of the Russian Royal family. She nursed him and they became very close. Their lives were not straight forward. Unable to meet publicly thief relationship was conducted in private.

The story goes through the lifetime of Dimitri and Tatiana and I loved it, so moving I was reduced to tears a few times, I had to finish it and was bereft when I did. This sis a wonderful book with history and passion in abundance and I really recommend.

Sally Hansen 18K Gold Cuticle Eraser Nail Care Treatment, 6.8 ml
Sally Hansen 18K Gold Cuticle Eraser Nail Care Treatment, 6.8 ml
Offered by PB Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part but results will take a little while I think., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have never before tried any products for cuticles and I must admit after treating my cuticles with this cuticle eraser my nails really do look a lot tidier.

I massaged the gel into my cuticles and then pushed them back with the enclosed plastic cap. After rinsing, my cuticles look so much better but I think it is going to take many more treatments to erase my cuticles completely. I cannot fathom what benefits the"gold flakes of gold leaf" actually give the cuticles but it says they exfoliate and rejuvenate the,. This is not a quick fix for cuticles more an ongoing work in progress.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Number 2.0, Top Coat 14.7 ml
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Number 2.0, Top Coat 14.7 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Application is so easy., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried this for the first time and I am seriously impressed. So easy to apply. The secret is to ensure that the base coats are completely dry before applying this top coat. A really good application brush makes this so easy to apply, then patience is required. You need to give your nails ample time to dry or they will smudge. I found my nails take longer to set than with ordinary nail polish.

I have been busy all day and am delighted,that my nails have not chipped at all, this is an excellent product that is much tougher than ordinary nail varnishes. Recommend.

Nivea Sun Kids Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray Very High SPF 50+, 200ml
Nivea Sun Kids Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray Very High SPF 50+, 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof, High Factor Sun Protection for children., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lotion sun protection spray designed for children. It is absorbed into the skin almost immediately, is waterproof and factor 50. I would never use any sun protection less than factor 50on the children and with the added bonus of being waterproof this ticks all the boxes.

My granddaughter has itchy skin and this is why I wanted this particular sun screen as it is for sensitive skin. It works perfectly for her skin. It states that this lotion is extra water resistant, but nevertheless I always re-apply after swimming to be on the safe side. I absolutely recommend this at under five pounds this is an absolute bargain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20