Profile for Mrs. C. Swarfield > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Swarfield
Top Reviewer Ranking: 864

Mrs. C. Swarfield
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport Women's Auckland Tennis Poloshirt - White/Black, Small
Ultrasport Women's Auckland Tennis Poloshirt - White/Black, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality as always from Ultrasport., 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made polo shirt of superb quality. The fabric is breathable and has a gorgeous sheen to it. The only problem is this is a size small, but is more like extra small. It will fit a size 8 at the most, possibly even a 6. I would recommend that when purchasing if you are a small order a medium. Other than that this is a premium product that will withstand the test of time and survive many many washes.

You do get what you pay for in this instance. Brilliant polo shirt.

Hallmark Baby Boy Contemporary Pop Up Card - Medium
Hallmark Baby Boy Contemporary Pop Up Card - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly designed card., 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a top quality card celebrating the arrival of a baby boy. There are few cards on the market to better this. It has a gorgeous verse without being to saccharine. With lovely colours and 3D design it is a winer. Well worth the extra you pay for a card that is just that little more exclusive than the run of the mill cards available on the high street. I intend to purchase more for the special people in my life.

Hallmark Large Mum Traditional 3D Garden Birthday Card
Hallmark Large Mum Traditional 3D Garden Birthday Card

4.0 out of 5 stars A really gorgeous card., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Everyone loves to receive a nice card, but everyone really loves a special card. To me this is a special card. Nowadays you can buy cards for almost any occasion and to reflect this card shops on the gigh street sell many on special offers such as 5 for A pound or 99p for a large one.

This is in a different league it is gorgeous, 3D with a pretty ribbon, lovely verse and a gorgeous scene. I would be absolutely delighted to be sent this card and I have only taken one star off because as gorgeous as this card is I think it is a little over priced, but I would pay it for someone special in my life, and there's no one more special than your mum is there.

The Truth According to Us
The Truth According to Us
by Annie Barrows

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not disappoint., 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What I loved about this novel.

This is a very well written story of just how secrets were kept in this Depression era West Virginia town that were brought out by a young woman assigned by the Roosevelt Winter Project to research this towns Macedonia history for its 150th birthday. The stories that were brought out were simply amazing especially for one family - the Romeyn's. I found the characters well developed, defined, well portrayed and believable giving the reader a fascinating read up to the point of making me feel that Iwas actually engaging in some of the conversations.The Truth According To Us was a read about loyalty is to family along with family love and characters with secrets. Then by the end of the book we see redemption, forgiveness and most of all hope that will come into play all making for a brilliant read.

The Island Escape
The Island Escape
by Kerry Fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect beach read., 16 May 2015
This review is from: The Island Escape (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Octavian Sheldon's life is not the free-spirited exotic existence she imagined as a teenager. She doesn't wear bright clothes any more, never travels anywhere more exciting than the supermarket and the demands of looking after her three children mean her creativity ha not so much been subdued as snubbed out.

As Octavian becomes increasingly dissatisfied by her humdrum existence a a wife and mother in the suburbs, she begins to think of an old boyfriend, gorgeous Corsican Xavi,love of her life and the one that got away before she met her bland, increasingly unavailable and uninterested husband JOnathan.

After years of unhappiness, Octavia's best friend Roberta finally manages to extricate herself from the clutches of her controlling husband, but she is scared of leaving the life she knows and terrified of the effects of her teenage daughter.Alicia. With each other's support, both old frinds begin to realise that when life doesn't turn out as you expect, it is never too late to end what's not working and forge a new, happier path however tough that may seem. This is well written and pacy, stuffed full of characters you will warm to and a couple you won't, and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

ZAGG Folio Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air 2 - Black
ZAGG Folio Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air 2 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up and so convenient., 13 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This I found quick and easy to set up, the case is very durable and the keyboard works extremely well. My granddaughter was given one as a Christmas gift and she loves hers so much I was really keen to try one myself.

I personally find this excellent, the keyboard is so easy to type with and it is great to go back to using ten finger typing skills instead of two finger hunt and peck. The stand holds my I pad securely without it slipping or falling out. If I use it in a low light area the back lights keyboard are fantastic. The magnetic off when the case closes works perfectly and the case is sturdy but not heavy or bulky.

Would I recommend - absolutely.

I
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2015 5:50 PM BST

Coming Up Roses
Coming Up Roses
by Rachael Lucas

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely light read., 8 May 2015
This review is from: Coming Up Roses (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is such a lovely read I felt part of the village and I felt as if I knew the locals personally. Daisy's parents decide to take a gap year as they retire and Daisy is tasked with looking after the house and gardens. The garden takes some getting into shape.

As she has just had a traumatic break up she relishes the chance to hide herself away in the little village. Eventually Daisy comes to realise she need friends and and an unlikely frine comes in the form of an old gardener who has looked after many of the village gardens. Daisy also makes two new frineds Jo and Elaine. Elaine is the headmasters wife and Jo is a counseller at the school. They are all looking for friends and so their friendship blossoms. As she gets to grips with the garden she settles well into village life, even agreeing to go to the local meetings and judging the annual show.

Are her friends as happy as they seem though and is her new Beau everything he seems to be? A fabulous feel good story.

Villa America
Villa America
by Liza Klaussmann

4.0 out of 5 stars Tender Is The Night., 8 May 2015
This review is from: Villa America (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a jazz-age classic. Dedicated to Sara and Gerald, Many Fetes'. The Muerphys, that same husband and wife, occupy the centre of Liza Klaussmann's second novel grand and gossipy it begins across the Atlantic. They are joined in the South of France by the likes of Pablo Picasso
Cole and Linda Porter and of course the Fitzgeralds.

It starts with Sara and Geralds American childhoods, alike only in terms of their affluence. While Sara grows up in a nurturing family fond of travel, Gerald is left to the mercy of a cold authoritan father.

They nevertheless sense something in each other - a hunger to do things differently - and are drawn together even though their marriage requires Gerald to repress what he calls his true nature.

They and their three children eventually gravitate to the French Riveria, where they create an enchanted world and host party after party. But moving through the thongs of artistic celebrities is another American, an enigmatic WW1 pilot. He's sucked into their world and when tragedy strikes it sends him reeling too.

Romance mystery and glamour make for a classy page turner, yet there's nothing escapist about the questions it poses regarding how to live.

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Pallete Del Mar, Volume 2
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Pallete Del Mar, Volume 2
Offered by BisLinks®

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously impressive., 3 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am seriously impressed with eye shadow palette. I did not expect to be as for the price I imagined the eye shadows would wear off easily.

I received this yesterday morning and I have to say it really looks the part. It comes in a gorgeous box which makes ideal as a gift. The palette is very sleek and there is a mirror in the lid and included is a double ended foam applicator.

Now to the eye shadows, well twelve colour ways all with sparkle. Not every colour will suit every person and I personally preferred the paler shades but there is plenty to choose from and with twelve shades you are not going to suit every single one. I used this eye shadow yesterday morning and kept checking my eyes all day to see if I needed to re apply. When I removed my make up late last night the eye shadow was as good as new. Again the same today, I am really really impressed and when it comes to make up I am very fussy. So it's a winner for me and I absolutely recommend.

HOWND Keep Calm Body Mist
HOWND Keep Calm Body Mist

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work for us., 1 May 2015
This review is from: HOWND Keep Calm Body Mist (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a little sceptical at first about this spray, but I have to say after using it regularly it does seem to work. Firstly the fragrance, well it's an OK lavender smell, not particularly noticeable and the spay my groomer uses on Ben is far far nicer.

The effect, well AMAZING. Ben is a rescue cockerpoo, very very nervous and cowers when anyone approaches him, trembles at loud noises, is petrified of newspapers etc etc. Whilst we still have a mountain to climb this spray has had a very definite calming effect on him, when we went for a walk he let a dog sniff him and did not hide behind me as he normally does and actually had a play in the park with his ball. For this reason I can recommend this if like me you have a nervous dog. I am going to continue to use as it seems to help Ben.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20