Profile for Mrs. C. Swarfield > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Swarfield
Top Reviewer Ranking: 865

Mrs. C. Swarfield
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Chosen Queen (Queens of the Conquest 1)
The Chosen Queen (Queens of the Conquest 1)
by Joanna Courtney

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book., 1 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved this book. The dark ages of our past are so often shrouded in mystery, muth and legend. In the Chosen Queen Janna Courtney brings to life the tale of Edyth Alfgarsdottir, daughter of Alfgar and granddaughter of the infamous Lady Godiva.

The story opens in 1055, with a fascinating introduction into what life was like for Edyth as she grows to maturity in an English Royal Court where intrigue and suspicion walk hand in hand with danger. Edyth watches her fathers spectactular fall from grace and the need to start afresh in the wilds of wales, far away from the English courts. Opportunity opens up for the possibility of love and a whole new way of life for Edyth.

The Chosen Queen brings to life the danger of a time which was all to often consumed by conspiracy and malice.

Being Welsh I adored the decriptions of life at a Welsh court and Edyth's passionate marriage to Griffin the Welsh King was fraught with danger. I really really loved this book and cannot wait to read the next in this trilogy.

The Strange Death of Fiona Griffiths (Fiona Griffiths 3)
The Strange Death of Fiona Griffiths (Fiona Griffiths 3)
by Harry Bingham

4.0 out of 5 stars Another really good Fiona Griffiths tale., 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Fiona Griffiths 3rd outing for Harry Bingham. Here she goes undercover to try and expose a group committing computer fraud and leaving bodies in its wake. A payroll scam in which a store was unknowingly making payments to non employees is a case for the fraud squad, not usually for D.C. Griffiths of major crime. But when the names turn out to be a woman who has died of starvation Fiona is determined to stop those guilty of if nothing else what she considers to be manslaughter. Her persistence on the case leads to the discovery of what is irrefutably murder and the ultimate realisation that the embezzlement is much bigger including fraudulent names among numerous companies.

Fiona having successfully passed a rigorous undercover training course, gets a job as a cleaner, then in payroll both as Fiona Grey. This is a straightforward story and a simple plot made plausible with such intriguing characters. Very very good.

Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner
Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous machine., 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a marvellous brilliant machine, expensive of course, but it cleans wonderfully. Plenty of steam which is adjustable with an innovative handle and some really useful attachments.

This is a light and well designed model which cleans really well without the use of any chemicals.

As this is my first ever steam cleaner I have to say I am so very happy with this. It is so easy to manoeuvre due to the handy shoulder strap plus the sturdy wheels. It is easy to store the accessories in the base. For my hard floor surfaces it performed brilliantIy, sucks up liquid so easily, and it is very effective. I vacuumed first and then steam cleaned with the cloth covering the bottom. It was incredibly effective on my cream sofas in the orangery using the small handle. I have just experimented on the spare bedroom curtains with fab results.

The perfume added a lovely fresh smell at the end of use, there is a special tank for the fresco vapour, which is the air freshener that combines with the steam to neutralise odours and more importantly left a wonderful fresh feeling when I finished cleaning. I really love this machine.

Bakers Dentacrunch Beef & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4
Bakers Dentacrunch Beef & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Well presented budget buy., 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This kibble comes in a strong box which sets out clearly the information on the composition of the kibble.

This kibble is very hard and crunchy and Ben - my cockapoo is struggling a little to chew due to his undershot jaw. On opening the box the food does smell very good without being too strong. The kibble comes in discs hoops and tubes in strong colours due to the heavy use of colour ants, which is more for our benefit than our pets as dogs can only distinguish the colour yellow.

The kibble has rehydrated vegetables and derivatives of meat about 4 percent, is very very heavily cereal based. Ben's movements altered after eating so I am going to stick with his normal food as it seems to agree with him more and it is healthier but of course more expensive. This is good for their breath and does have three different vitamins so not bad for a budget buy.

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth persevering with., 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Due to a knee injury I can only sleep comfortably on my back at present. I have tried this for two nights and have definitely had a noticeably improved nights rest. This seems a little small for a medium, but in saying that it fits perfectly in my nose but I do have small nostrils. So far so good, it slides easily into my nose and it improved my airflow.

It was a little uncomfortable to remove but I hope that will improve in time. The thought behind this device is that it keeps your nostrils open at the narrowest point which helps with the airflow and it seems to be working for me. If you get a good undisturbed nights rest then for me it is worth persevering with, I certainly am going to stick with it.

Go-Cat Crunchy and Tender Kitten Chicken and Vegetables Dry Cat Food, 800 g, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars They love it., 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The two kittens absolutely love this, they are older kittens - 11 months old so I would think this is suitable for older cats also. The kibble is small which is a big plus as they find it so easy to chew, and very palatable. There is a great mix of nutritious vitamins and minerals and I think it is really good value for a top quality kibble.

The kittens recognise the pack and are by their feeding stations waiting when they see me get the pack out of the cupboard so for me that is a good indicator that they love it. Purina are a market leader and as these cats are notoriously fussy eaters who love this I have to say I will continue to use this.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extras
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extras

4.0 out of 5 stars You really do get what you pay for., 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really did want to try this as it has the added option of the facial cleansing brush.

I have tried an epilator before but found it so painful it was torture and I only used it twice. So it was with great trepidation that I tried this product for the first time. It is not pain free, it is quite uncomfortable over honey areas but nothing like the torture I remember. So well done Braun I can see me using this lots in the future.

As a cordless unit you can use it in the shower, it is still a little uncomfortable but bearable. The epilator has two speeds, with the lower setting you have to over your area again and the higher speed gets it done in one go. Very very easy to use and the little light is so handy. You get a base to secure the product on charging, a cap, massaging head and an additional separate facial massage brush.

The cleansing brush is fabulous and is used with your regular cleanser and warm water to take off your make up, leaving your skin feeling really smooth and exfoliated. Easy to use with the lovely add on of the facial brush I absolutely recommend.

His Other Life
His Other Life
by Beth Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly well written novel., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This arrived this morning and Ipicked it up just to have a glance at it as I am in the middle of a book which I fully intended to finish before starting this. I was hooked after the first page and I have to say I lost today to this book.

I love Jo Jo Moyes and Lianne Moriarity so I knew I was in for a treat withis and it does not disappoint.

His Other Life starts off superbly but as the book progresses I was constantly changing my mind as what genre this novel falls into chick lit or crime novel. I found it amusing in parts and was unsure if I was supposed to find it funny and to accept the changing relationships between the characters. There were also times when I felt completely on edge - the cover completely threw me as it looks so sweet and almost magical but the narrative is not like that at all.

An incredibly well written novel that has a superb pace but I worked out the end which was a bit anticlimactic for me but that was just me. I kept thinking I have got to read a little bit more and in the end I could not put it down. A very good read.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with Flexball Technology Plus 3 Blades
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with Flexball Technology Plus 3 Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars The best has just got better., 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have relied on my husband for this review as he is an avid user of Gillette Fusion razors. This is a new product that allows the blade to swivel side to side as well as back and forth. This is useful for the contours around the back of the neck, under the jaw, where the razor naturally moves to the side of the face. There is a grip which allows you to direct the razor manually if you need to but it is not that easy to use.

The orange grip flexball looks like a Dyson ball concept from the packaging that rolls on your face it doesn't work like that but it is a really good idea though. Bottom line very comfortable and close shave and will continue to use with no hesitation in recommending.

Oral-B Pro CrossAction 600 Power Electric Toothbrush - Pink, 6 Units Per Case
Oral-B Pro CrossAction 600 Power Electric Toothbrush - Pink, 6 Units Per Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten out of Ten.., 13 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very pleased with this product. Particularly like the pulsing after 30 seconds indicator to move to the next quadrant. This seems to be the one my dentist rates as one of the best. After brushing I do feel as if I have just returned from a visit to the hygienist. Of course I absolutely love the colour.

The charge lasts for between a week and and a half or up to seven hours which is less than my old Oral B but is not a problem. A really good feature is the flashing light which indicates a low battery a few uses before it loses power. This is also a much lighter and quieter toothbrush than my old one I have no hesitation in absolutely recommending this model.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20