Profile for Kaboobi > Reviews

Content by Kaboobi

Kaboobi

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Apple iMac 21.5-inch All-in-One Desktop PC with Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard (Intel Core i5 2.7GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, Intel Iris Pro, Face Time HD Camera, OS X Mountain Lion)
Offered by JTRS Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement for my Mid 2011 iMac., 4 Feb. 2014
This is a replacement for my Mid 2011 desktop Mac and there are many improvements over my existing machine. Everything is a lot faster on the new model, Late 2013, and the most noticeable feature is the non reflective screen. There's no built in disk drive on the new Mac's but to be honest I didn't use it very much anyway. That said, for an extra fifty pounds I purchased one just in case. The item was advertised with Mountain Lion but arrived with Marvericks already installed and it was also boxed in the new design carton, excellent!

The final word must go to Amazon for sourcing the very latest Apple products at competitive prices and fast shipping.

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

2.0 out of 5 stars GoPro, and buy the cheaper Polaroid for thirty pounds., 1 Nov. 2013
The camera produces very good images in both video and still mode and the editing software is also okay. The lens of the camera is exposed, and because of it being wide angle, extends out past the bezel and could easily get damaged. The battery performance, is at best, disappointing and the Wi-Fi image transfer to my iPhone or iPad is useless with an unacceptable lag. A word of warning if you intend to use the camera on a quadcopter. The frequency range of the GoPro Wi-Fi is the same as most quadcopters, 2.4 GHz, and may cause loss of control and a crash if streaming Wi-Fi during flight. Moreover, if the quad is fitted with GPS you may not get a signal lock so best to keep the Wi-Fi switched off.

This camera is very expensive for what it is and my friends Polaroid, link attached below, is comparable on the images it produces and it only costs 29.99! At this sort of money you can afford to buy 3 or 4 and cover a range of angles. What's more, they have a monitor built into the back of them as standard unlike the GoPro.

I've tried to contact Gopro for support but their website contact link is not working and you are at the mercy of the chat advisers. Regrettably, they have a very unfortunate attitude and are of no help. I have 2 regrets with regard to this camera, 1, I wish that I'd done more research and 2, wish that I'd purchased the Polaroid sports camera at just 29.99. After all, what's in a name if the product is flawed with no technical support.

It may not be COOL to buy the Polaroid but who cares if the results are comparable. If you lose it, so what, at 29.99 it won't break the bank to replace it.

This item was NOT purchased from Amazon.

Polaroid Waterproof Sports Mounting Included

Skypak 53cm Folding Travel Bag Onboard Size
Skypak 53cm Folding Travel Bag Onboard Size
Price: £16.00 - £54.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The travel bag the airlines hate., 3 Oct. 2013
These bags are by far the best that we have seen and used to date. They are extremely light and manufactured from a strong fabric with heavy duty zips and double stitching. There are 2 outside zip pockets for documents and a small security zip pocket inside the bag. They have carry handles and a shoulder strap that is useful if you have a long walk to board the aircraft. They fold up into a small pouch when not in use and can be slipped into your main luggage until required. We have just returned from vacation and had both of our Skypak bags jammed packed to the full 10 KG of carry on allowance. The dreaded measuring cage was waiting for us when we were queuing to board the plane but the attendant just waived us straight past after stating that she used one of these bags herself.

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good performance but heavy on the ink., 13 Aug. 2013
This all in one is the second printer on my network and it performs well. The compact size, compared to other brands, is ideal to locate in a cupboard out of sight. I have a Windows machine connected by cable and also utilize the Wi-Fi function for my portable devices. The only down side to this printer is the heavy ink usage even using genuine Epson units. I've purchased Epson printers for years but recently replaced my other Epson printer with a Canon and immediately noticed a vast improvement in cartridge life. I carefully took apart the old Epson unit and discovered a thick sandwich of gauze in the base of the printer that was saturated in ink.

Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 13 Aug. 2013
The Canon MX435 all in one is the best printer that I've purchased to date. Set up was easy except the Airplay function that requires a firmware upgrade to version 2 but is now fully operational. The device is connected to my network that comprises of an Apple Airport Extreme 80211 ac and first and second generation airport express devices. Please note that for the Airplay printing to work when connected to an Airport device it must be connected wirelessly and not with a cable. I have a range of devices, laptop, tablet, desktop and smartphone, that can all print wirelessly over Wi-Fi or via the Airplay icon. The only downside to the printer is the size, it is quite bulky compared to other brands. I only use genuine Canon ink cartridges that are reasonably priced on Amazon and last well.

Apple AirPort Express
Apple AirPort Express
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but good performance., 21 July 2013
This review is from: Apple AirPort Express (Accessory)
I had to purchase this product to extend the network range shortfall of the new Airport Extreme, reviewed separately. All of my Apple devices connect automatically to the 5GHz side of the network with good connection speeds. That said I have to be within a 3 metre range, line of sight, of the Airport Express or it switches back to the 2.4GHz side of the network.

Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White)
Offered by Right Click

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pocket sized device., 26 May 2013
I'm a big fan of Apple and already have a range of their products. I have already owned the full size iPad but found it cumbersome, especially for traveling with. The mini device is just the right size and I'm very impressed. I chose the white because all of the black ones I've seen have chipped paint, a problem of both the iPhone 5 and latest iPad models.

Hello Darlin'
Hello Darlin'
by Larry Hagman

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 Months of searching and I finally got it from Amazon., 23 May 2013
This review is from: Hello Darlin' (Paperback)
I'd almost given up trying to get this book with many failed attempts by high street stores until I spotted it on Amazon. In fairness I ordered it back in February and its taken several months to arrive. Was it worth the wait?. Absolutely, I have very much enjoyed the book and fully recommend it.

A well deserved 5 star rating for both Amazon and the authors.

TP-LINK TL-ANT24PT 50cm Pigtail Cable
TP-LINK TL-ANT24PT 50cm Pigtail Cable
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value and quality., 2 April 2013
This item is almost 60% cheaper than the high street stores and is very well manufactured. I've used the 3 MTR cables before but this short 50 CM version is perfect if you can situate the router beneath the external antenna. The cable, LMR 200, is low loss but the secret is to keep the cables as short as possible.

Black Box
Black Box
by Nicholas Faith

2.0 out of 5 stars An average book., 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Black Box (Paperback)
Once again, another well priced bargain from Amazon. The book is quite interesting but is in need of some illustrations and photographs of reference. I found myself looking up the illustrations on the web so it took quite a while to read the book. I much prefer the Naked Pilot by the late David Beaty, also available on Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5