Profile for Kaboobi > Reviews

Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Special [DVD] [2004]
Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Special [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Nail

4.0 out of 5 stars The Final., 3 July 2015
I missed the original screening of this episode on TV and have just found it on Amazon. I've been waiting for almost 10 years to see the lads final outing and was not disappointed.

Amazon price and fast delivery 5 Stars.

DJI Naza-M V2 Flight Controller Newest version 2.0 with GPS All-in-one Design
DJI Naza-M V2 Flight Controller Newest version 2.0 with GPS All-in-one Design
Offered by Clark's Store

4.0 out of 5 stars DJI Naza-M V2. Excellent flight controller for multi rotors., 25 May 2015
I purchased the DJI Naza-M V2 Flight Controller for my multi rotor. Installation was straight forward but there was a fault on the PMU unit that I identified before the first flight. The multi coloured ribbon cables had a bad connection where they entered the module and if they were slightly moved disconnected the battery monitor that may have resulted in a crash. The faulty unit was IMMEDIATELY replaced no problem.

I've also taken the following precautions:

1. Replaced the GPS antenna mounting pole for one that is 50mm higher. I wanted to avoid any possible interference from the electric motors.

2. Installed the main module on a plastic damper plate to reduce vibrations. Using 3 or 4 pieces of double sided mounting tape all together to form a sandwich will achieve a similar result.

Please, Please, if you buy one of these units and have limited experience take your time with the installation. Read the manual and consult an expert if required. There are also many good videos on YouTube.

Other installation problems that I'm aware of so please make sure you:

1. Download the latest software.
2. Ensure the GPS antenna is facing the correct direction with the right offset.
3. Correctly set the X Y Z dimensions. DOUBLE CHECK THE + and - value is correct and you have it the right way around.

FLY SAFE.

Transcend Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card black 64 gb
Transcend Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card black 64 gb
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and great value, 20 May 2015
I have always used Sandisk memory cards but purchased 2 of these for my Transcend DP 220 dash cam. I see no difference in performance between Sandisk and Transcend but Transcend were a third cheaper.

Transcend Suction Mount for DrivePro Car Video Recorders
Transcend Suction Mount for DrivePro Car Video Recorders

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you want to use your DP220 dash cam in another vehicle., 20 May 2015
I purchased this to use with my Transcend DP220. It is compact and holds the camera without any shaking and is essential if you use the dash cam in another vehicle or hire vehicle whilst on vacation.

Transcend 16 GB Drive Pro 220 Car Video Recorder with GPS
Transcend 16 GB Drive Pro 220 Car Video Recorder with GPS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera with excellent support from Transcend in the U.K (Firmware update available to 1.06), 20 May 2015
I purchased this camera to eventually replace the 2 dash cameras that I've been using for the past 3 years. The camera is well built and compact in size and fits behind the rear view mirror. It streams content via my iPhone and the video quality is very good. I Ordered 2 Transcend 6GB SD cards to go with the device but there was a problem and recordings would randomly stop around the 2 minute mark. I contacted Transcend in the U.K and was provided excellent customer support and a firmware upgrade to1.06. To date I'm very pleased with the device and intend to purchase a second unit for the rear of my vehicle.

The only negative is:

The cable is very thick, about 2.5 times as thick as the cable on my old dash cameras, and there is no on/off switch that would be good for vehicles, like mine, that have no ignition off 12 volt power socket. I think pulling the plug will get very tiresome after a few days.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2015 8:19 AM BST

Voyage by Nautica Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Voyage by Nautica Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The most commented on fragrance that I've ever used, 11 April 2015
I first purchased this fragrance on the high street 3 years ago but have been unable to find it ever since. It's not the most expensive fragrance available but most definitely the one that I've had the most comments on and lasts all day.

Weathereye WEA22 Indoor/ Outdoor Electronic Weather Station with Wind and Rain Sensors

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the price range and superb for remote internet viewing and sharing, 7 April 2015
This item is sold under several different names, Wether Eye, Ambient Weather Station, Watson, but is essentially the same device. The item was purchased to replace an ageing unit of some 9 years and I rather liked the idea of connecting it to Weather Underground on the internet. The item itself is well built and reports accurate information, within the specifications, but the connections could be improved to protect against severe weather. That said, they are the same type of connections on my old device of nine years and a blob of silicone will provide an adequate seal. The unit was easy to set up although the instructions are not very clear and could be improved. It is also worth noting that on page 2 of the instructions the manufactures have obscured the sentence that states the data can be shared with internet websites. The software, Windows only, that comes with the device on a full size CD was problematic and didn't work properly on my Windows 7 or Windows 8 computers but in fairness were aware of this from other reviews. I have now purchased Weather Snoop and have installed it on my Mac. A free trial can be downloaded from the internet but users need to change the agent name to Ambient Weather Station, see above, for it to work. Once installed it can then be linked to Weather Underground etc, and your weather station information can be viewed remotely, anywhere in the world with an internet connection, and shared with other people on a computer, tablet device or smart phone. I discarded the metal mounting pole for a length of PVC tubing that I run the excess wires in hiding them from view. This looks a lot more professional than having the wires gathered up with cable ties. The desktop screen is approximately 15 metres from the outdoor unit and the signal passes through the concrete roof of my home no problem.

I saved just over £60.00, compared with other online stores, purchasing from Amazon and recommend the item to anyone interested in the weather.

Update: 26 April 2015

The wireless signal was lost 2 weeks after purchase and although I managed to resolve the problem the clock then started to randomly change time, even thou I had selected the correct offset. The touch screen is also no longer working and I have no way of changing any of the settings. I contacted Weather Eye directly who replied to my enquiry after a week diagnosing a problem with the outdoor transmitter that they promised to replace. I have since written back to them informing them of the display screen problem but have heard nothing in return.

With hindsight I wish that I'd purchased a Davis weather station because the customer support is second to none. That said, the starting prices are almost 3 times as much as this item but I guess you get what you pay for.

Update 5 May 2015.

Amazon have rectified the problem and I will be shortly purchasing a Davis weather station. For the most part, Amazon customer service in the UK is 100%. There is no messing around and arguments, they just do the right thing and are very customer focused.

Apple iMac 21.5-inch All-in-One Desktop PC with Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard (Intel Core i5 2.7GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, Intel Iris Pro, Face Time HD Camera, OS X Mountain Lion)

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement for my Mid 2011 iMac., 4 Feb. 2014
This is a replacement for my Mid 2011 desktop Mac and there are many improvements over my existing machine. Everything is a lot faster on the new model, Late 2013, and the most noticeable feature is the non reflective screen. There's no built in disk drive on the new Mac's but to be honest I didn't use it very much anyway. That said, for an extra fifty pounds I purchased one just in case. The item was advertised with Mountain Lion but arrived with Marvericks already installed and it was also boxed in the new design carton, excellent!

The final word must go to Amazon for sourcing the very latest Apple products at competitive prices and fast shipping.

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

2.0 out of 5 stars GoPro, and buy the cheaper Polaroid for thirty pounds., 1 Nov. 2013
The camera produces very good images in both video and still mode and the editing software is also okay. The lens of the camera is exposed, and because of it being wide angle, extends out past the bezel and could easily get damaged. The battery performance, is at best, disappointing and the Wi-Fi image transfer to my iPhone or iPad is useless with an unacceptable lag. A word of warning if you intend to use the camera on a quadcopter. The frequency range of the GoPro Wi-Fi is the same as most quadcopters, 2.4 GHz, and may cause loss of control and a crash if streaming Wi-Fi during flight. Moreover, if the quad is fitted with GPS you may not get a signal lock so best to keep the Wi-Fi switched off.

This camera is very expensive for what it is and my friends Polaroid, link attached below, is comparable on the images it produces and it only costs 29.99! At this sort of money you can afford to buy 3 or 4 and cover a range of angles. What's more, they have a monitor built into the back of them as standard unlike the GoPro.

I've tried to contact Gopro for support but their website contact link is not working and you are at the mercy of the chat advisers. Regrettably, they have a very unfortunate attitude and are of no help. I have 2 regrets with regard to this camera, 1, I wish that I'd done more research and 2, wish that I'd purchased the Polaroid sports camera at just 29.99. After all, what's in a name if the product is flawed with no technical support.

It may not be COOL to buy the Polaroid but who cares if the results are comparable. If you lose it, so what, at 29.99 it won't break the bank to replace it.

This item was NOT purchased from Amazon.

Polaroid Waterproof Sports Mounting Included

Skypak 53cm Folding Travel Bag Onboard Size
Skypak 53cm Folding Travel Bag Onboard Size
Price: £12.76 - £16.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The travel bag the airlines hate., 3 Oct. 2013
These bags are by far the best that we have seen and used to date. They are extremely light and manufactured from a strong fabric with heavy duty zips and double stitching. There are 2 outside zip pockets for documents and a small security zip pocket inside the bag. They have carry handles and a shoulder strap that is useful if you have a long walk to board the aircraft. They fold up into a small pouch when not in use and can be slipped into your main luggage until required. We have just returned from vacation and had both of our Skypak bags jammed packed to the full 10 KG of carry on allowance. The dreaded measuring cage was waiting for us when we were queuing to board the plane but the attendant just waived us straight past after stating that she used one of these bags herself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6