Profile for Savvyshopper > Reviews

Content by Savvyshopper

Savvyshopper (Staffordshire England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Malmö Midwinter: An Inspector Anita Sundström Novella (The Malmö Mysteries)
A Malmö Midwinter: An Inspector Anita Sundström Novella (The Malmö Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2017
I love this series of books - recommend reading in order

Kipling Women's Caralisa Top-Handle Bag, Metallic Black, 34 x 25 cmX11CM (B x H x T)
Offered by The Necessity

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this item, 5 July 2017
All my bags are Kipling cross body, but I needed (wanted) a smarter, more formal black bag, but not really dull black. So, I got the Caralisa in metallic black and it is great. The sheen gives it a grey look. It is extremely smart but modern. My Kipling bags have to fit three criteria; (I) the zips have to be fully sewn in, not overhanging (what is that all about?), (ii) outside back zip necessary (it just is) and (iii) absolutely no Velcro (obvious). I love it that both outer pockets are lined both sides, some are not. I shall feel very ladylike using the grab handles, though I can always revert to the crossbody option! Excellent prices as usual from Amazon.

The North Water: Longlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016
The North Water: Longlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 April 2017
Not my usual choice of book but I thoroughly enjoyed it

Kipling Matha, Women's Cross-Body Bag, Braun (Soft Earthy C), One Size
Kipling Matha, Women's Cross-Body Bag, Braun (Soft Earthy C), One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Another to add to my collection, 3 April 2017
Purchased this at an incredible price - which would have been £5 more incredible had I ordered a day later!! The Soft Earth colour is similar to Monkey Brown. I like the new lining, at first I thought I had a mark on it, until I looked closer and it read 'Kipling' in small print, set in the pattern spasmodically, as the monkey was on the heart shaped lining. I was attracted to this bag as it is similar in looks, but bigger, to the Cayleen. First, no awful Velcro. The main zip is not metal as I was expecting, but nylon, it does however, have the rubber pull. I think the strap is nice in the four shades, but definitely think it is slightly narrower than on some bags I have and is certainly a little thinner. I hope it wears as well and does not twist. I am very pleased with this purchase, one star knocked off because of the thinner strap and change in main zip.

Kipling Womens Sun G Pouch Bag Organiser Tropic Palm Pr
Kipling Womens Sun G Pouch Bag Organiser Tropic Palm Pr

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Dec. 2016
Very good at the price I paid for it, Velcro ok on this, not worth full price.

Kipling Women's Brownie Wallet, Multicolor (C60 Magnolia Pr), 19x10x3 cm (B x H x T)

5.0 out of 5 stars I think they are great and I could not resist when I saw it ..., 12 Dec. 2016
This is my second Brownie wallet. I think they are great and I could not resist when I saw it in the fabulous magnolia pattern. I have never had a purse with a pattern on before, at first I found my cards etc seemed to be camouflaged by the colours, but I soon got past that and am extremely pleased with this smart item.

Blood Lines: An absolutely gripping thriller that will have you hooked (Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowing a lot of the areas very well that the ..., 12 Dec. 2016
Knowing a lot of the areas very well that the books are set in, really makes them irresistible to read.

The Couple Next Door
The Couple Next Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, always enjoy books that make me like ..., 12 Dec. 2016
Very good read, always enjoy books that make me like then dislike the people in it. Would read more of this author.

Kipling Women's Gabbie Cross-body Bag Pink (REF33G Berry) 35.5x30x18.5 cm (B x H x T)
Offered by The Necessity

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this, 12 Dec. 2016
Have wanted a Gabbie for some while but always deferred because they did not have an outside zip on the back - discovered they now do, so I have one! Very pleased with this. Like a previous reviewer, I like all the zips sewn in, really dislike the overhanging zips. Dislike Velcro, which the Gabbie does not have and plenty of pockets to separate my stuff. Essential to have a kindle sized pocket and room for everything I carry about, while still having space for any extras. I purchased in the berry, which I think is a lovely colour. Very pleased with price, ordered on Friday and delivered free on Monday.

The Kept Woman: (Will Trent Series Book 8) (The Will Trent Series)
The Kept Woman: (Will Trent Series Book 8) (The Will Trent Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love this author, 23 July 2016
Absolutely love everything that Karin Slaughter writes, BUT especially books where Will Trent is in them. If you have not read any, please read in order for the full effect. The author writes such compelling characters and as we know from the past, is not afraid to get rid of any of them. Enough said - cannot praise enough. I always wait for the cost of books to come down in price, but not for a Karin Slaughter!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6