Profile for Blikbrein > Reviews

Blikbrein

Flash
Flash

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Child watch out!!!!, 28 May 2015
This review is from: Flash (Kindle Edition)
Thank you. A gripping story without tons of waffle. Started reading mid morning and finished early evening. The only other author to do that to me is Lee Child. Very Ludlum-eske without all the political garbage. Keeping the gory descriptions minimal means that the scenes are only as gory as ones imagination. THANK YOU for a SPECTACULAR read.

The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation ... Tolerance (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
by Matthew McKay

5.0 out of 5 stars DBT and Depression, 20 Sept. 2011
What a beautiful book. Easy to read. Easy to work through. Full of common sense. But most importantly used by the Mental Health Departments of the NHS as their "bible". I have PTSD (post traumatic stress syndrome) and purchased this book, went on the NHS course and have now taken back control of my life. Obviously the book alone did not do that but it was an amazing tool, without which I would not have been so confident in tackling my problems.

Srixon AD333 Golf Balls
Srixon AD333 Golf Balls

5.0 out of 5 stars No more slice, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Srixon AD333 Golf Balls (Misc.)
Thanks Srixon. Somehow I am unable to slice whilst using these balls. I am a female with an 18 handicap and for some unknown reason I would slice after tea. The second 9 were always a challenge, but not any longer. I learnt to play using a Slazenger No1 when I was 5 and vowed never to use any other. I am a coverted forever.

Write An Assignment 7e
Write An Assignment 7e
by Pauline Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Essays, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Write An Assignment 7e (Paperback)
Thank you for a no nonsence guide to quirky subject. Writing an essay for a "new" receipient is difficult. You are not aware of all their quirks, lilkes and dislikes. This book warns of all the pitfalls and give commonsense guidance through the murky waters.

Mensa Know Yourself
Mensa Know Yourself
by Robert Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Mensa at its best, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Mensa Know Yourself (Paperback)
At last a simple book to answer some basic questions. As we are not able to "see" ourselves as others see us it was great to delve into a book that could clear up some grey areas. As a Mensan it was good to see that I was not the only one who had been hiding my light under a bushel due to others being afraid of "my brains". I had allowed their lack of self esteem to hold me back. Never again. Thanks Mensa