Profile for Shaun Dowdall > Reviews

Content by Shaun Dowdall
Top Reviewer Ranking: 739

Shaun Dowdall "Shaun Dowdall" (York, UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
kwmobile® Screen protector MATT and ANTI-GLARE, resistant against finger prints for Nvidia Shield Tablet - PREMIUM QUALITY
Offered by KW-Commerce

1.0 out of 5 stars more bubbles than screen., 5 Feb. 2015
Poor quality and ended up with more bubbles on this than screen. Definitely not recommend. I've had my hair share of screen protectors now and I've gotten pretty good at putting them on but this one seemed like a lost cause.

Also when using the stylus with this screen protector it sounds like dragging nails over a chalk board. Even when using your fingers it sounds horrid.

Quality is also lowered due to the matte/anti glare effect. The display looks almost blurry and a lot less sharp.

1Byone 7 Inch Colorful LCD Screen Video Doorbell Video Door Phone Home Security Camera Monitor Intercom System, Crystal Clear Picture, Perfect Sound Quality, Ultra-slim Design Indoor Monitor; 120 Degrees Wide Visual Angle, Clear Night Vision and Waterproof Outdoor Camera - With Rain Cover
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and worth a shot!, 4 Feb. 2015
This is a superb product for those who are looking for a more upmarket doorbell or just an extra layer of security. The unit offers great audio and video quality that you simply can't go wrong with.

The doorbell offers two way audio and one way video. You can see who is at the door but they can't see you, however they can hear you through the speaker built into the doorbell panel that your visitor interacts with. The audio quality is clear both ways and offers the user a great opportunity to find out who is on the other side of your door before opening up. This is fantastic for those who get regular marketing visits or unwanted guests.

The video quality is clear and the main hub is easy to use and looks modern and sleek. Both pieces of the video doorbell look good and won't stand out. They are unobtrusive, with a matte silver finish which helps them to remain discrete. The front panel comes with a weather guard which will help it to last longer and avoid damage from any poor weather conditions.

An added feature is the ability to unlock your door with this device! I don't own a lock that's compatible but it's a nice extra to have.

It's worth noting that this will require some DIY skills and won't be a simple job of plug and play. The instructions included are clear enough but don't expect to be up and running as soon as you open this up. I would have preferred it if the device was wireless as you end up with wires running up your wall which takes away from the overall subtle look of the device.

Overall this is a pretty good video doorbell. It's a lot of fun and a bit of a novelty for myself but I can certainly see the benefits. The price is reasonable and this product is sure worth giving a shot if you're in the market for a video doorbell!

Please note I was sent this product to test and offer a non biased review.

Litter Locker II Hygenic Soiled Litter Disposal System
Litter Locker II Hygenic Soiled Litter Disposal System
Offered by Paws To Your Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed by how good this is, 4 Feb. 2015
I can't even begin to tell you how impressed with this product I am! We have two indoor cats which can be a bit of a pain when it comes to litter disposal. I was extremely dubious of this product at first but after using it I was simply amazed at how well it locks away any smells.

It's simple and easy to use, saving you any effort in disposing of cat mess. You only need to empty the container and change the bag every so often which makes it even more convenient. I have not regretted this purchase at all and for anyone who has multiple cats this is an absolutely essential purchase!

Cat Zoom Groom
Cat Zoom Groom

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as expected, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Cat Zoom Groom (Misc.)
After reading a lot of the reviews on this product I decided to give it a go. It's ok, but not great. My kitten seems to like being brushed with this but my older cat hates it.

Compared with conventional combs and brushes it doesn't seem to remove anywhere near as much excess fur. It does an ok job, but to be honest I think I'll look elsewhere for a different product.

AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by Gideon Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who need a little music in the shower, 4 Feb. 2015
I've got to admit I didn't really think I would find myself using this speaker for much but after I was sent the product to test and review I found myself using it a fair bit.

The sound quality is pretty good, lacking in bass but not bad at all for such a compact speaker. Music and call quality is great, making the device the perfect companion for anyone who ever uses their bluetooth equipment in the bath or the shower.

The front panel has a good amount of controls and best of all for iPhone users you can use Siri with this speaker. This is a massive help for those who want to be able to switch music completely without having to worry about getting their iDevice wet. You'll find volume controls, play and pause, call, and finally skip track buttons on the front. Basically every function you need can be found on the speaker to help control your audio device.

Both the speaker and microphone offer good quality when in call. Just remember that the microphone picks up a fair amount of noise so you might find yourself explaining why the person you are talking to can hear water.

The suction cup is pretty good but I did find the speaker falling every so often. Luckily it seems durable enough to withstand a fall, but It can be a pain.

Overall I'm impressed with the sound quality of this device and would definitely recommend it to those who are often using music when getting a bath or shower. It certainly beats using your phone and getting it water damaged!

Please note I was sent this device to test and offer a none biased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Natural Colon Cleanse Formula - Increase Energy and Vitality - Improve Weight Loss Results - One of the Best Dietary Fiber Digestive Nutritional Supplements Available - Highly Effective Detox and Cleanse Weight Loss Product - 100% Pure and Natural Ingredients
Offered by RDE Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, 4 Feb. 2015
Works as advertised. After a few days of usage the effects began to kick in. For obvious reason's I won't go into too much detail but the improvements were noticeable.

After a few days following the recommended dosage I found my energy levels up and when combined with a good exercise regime my weight began moving in the right direction. Certain movements became more regular as well, so can't complain there!

Please note I was sent this product to test and offer a non biased review.

Best Skipping Jump Rope for Endurance Training and Fat Burning - Green - Easy Adjustable - More Intense Workout than Exercise Weights or Jogging - Add to your Speed and Agility Training Kit - Burns More Calories than Exercise Treadmills or Step Machines - Great for Crossfit Training
Offered by RDE Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rope with fantastic build quality, 4 Feb. 2015
This is a fantastic skipping rope, durable, lightweight and long enough for me!

The handles are made with a plush type material and very easy to grip. They are none slip so you won't have to worry about getting sweaty and have the handles fly from your hands. Where the rope leaves the handle is well deigned with smooth metal holding the handles and rope together. I can't tell you how many skipping ropes I've had where there has been cheap plastic holding the thing together which ultimately led to the plastic slicing through the rope. There's no risk of this happening here!

The rope itself is a plastic/rubber type material. It slices through the air nicely with very little resistance allowing for a thorough workout. As mentioned above, the rope is long enough for me and I'm 6"4. The rope is also adjustable so it is suitable for most sizes.

The only thing I could find wrong with the skipping rope is the smell! It absolutely wreaks of a strong chemical like smell, almost like play-doh. Of course this will fade with time but wow the smell sure does hit you once you open the rope up!

This is a pretty great rope overall and I can't really fault it. For the price you can't go wrong and this looks like it will last a very long time. Definitely worth checking it out.

Please note I was sent this product to test and offer a none biased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headset Earphone (A2DP, Hands-Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 6 Hr Battery)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality audio for a fantastic price., 4 Feb. 2015
The TaoTronics Bluetooth headphones are pretty impressive, especially when you consider the relatively low price. I used mine while on the rowing machine and also jogging and found that they stayed in my ears despite the movement. They are very small and compact and the wire isn't long which really helps to prevent them from getting tangled.

When i first opened the headphones up I was dubious of the design. They are small and the only thing in place to keep them in your ears is a small rubber hook that fastens snuggly inside of your earlobe. My first impression was that they would slip out of my ears the moment I started to do anything, leaving me wishing that there was a clip to go around my ears, however, as mentioned above, they never slipped out of place during exercise.

The other thing that left me dubious at first was the small rectangular control box on the right earphone. It has volume controls, play and pause controls, microphone, and also a charging port. At first I thought the box would add too much weight to the right earphone, causing it to pop out of my ear, but somehow it remained fixed in place.

They are small, compact, and stylish, never slipping out of place making them very well designed for sports and exercise. The question is how do they sound?

Well the quality is pretty good, beating my Apple earpods which will hopefully give you some idea of the quality. At their loudest volume the earphones didn't lose quality and my only complaint is that the bass isn't great. However both music and voice quality is spot on and I really can't complain.

Would I recommend these headphones? Definitely! For anyone who is after light weight and compact sports headphones that also offer good sound quality these are worth checking out. Despite my first impressions and fears, these headphones performed beyond my expectations which was a pleasant surprise.

Please note I was sent this product to test and offer an unbiased review.

Nvidia SHIELD Cover Sleeve for Tablet
Nvidia SHIELD Cover Sleeve for Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 1 Feb. 2015
This is a fantastic case for the Nvidia Shield tablet. The different positions are sturdy and never collapse which makes this double up as the perfect stand. The magnet grip and the clips on the side of the device attach firmly, turning the case into an extra grip which makes holding the tablet in a single hand easier.

The matte texture feels good, not too rough and not too smooth, making it comfortable in the hand.

Above all this is a slim case and doesn't add a huge amount of extra bulk onto the device. It also adds a good level of protection for your screen which is of course the main purpose.

If you're looking for a good and practical case then look no further. The combination of practicality and style make this the perfect companion for your shield tablet.

Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch- Light Chrome/Stone Leather Strap
Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch- Light Chrome/Stone Leather Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and stylish companion for your phone, 1 Feb. 2015
Good
• Looks great
• Intuitive touch controls
• Great for voice notes
• Comfortable to wear
• Charging cradle included

Bad
• Average battery life
• No screen timeout controls
• Relatively thick

Introduction

Ever since I first saw the Moto 360 I knew I had to play with one. It was the first smartwatch that blew me away with its design. The circular style really made this watch standout from the huge, blocky, ugly monsters on the market.

I finally got my hands on a unit to review and I've been using it for a week now. So how does it hold up in real world usage and does it perform as good as it looks? Let's find out!

Look and feel

Well the Moto 360 looks almost as good in reality as it does in the promotion pictures. It's a gorgeous and minimalist design, a smooth circle with only a single button on the right hand side. Some may think it looks almost too plain to be a watch but I personally think that it looks great, especially when the screen powers on.

I have to say one thing against this watch and that is that Motorola clearly got some photos of the 360 at a flattering angle. This is a thick smartwatch and for anyone with small wrists will really look out of place. I don't have the biggest wrists and any long sleeves I wore continually got caught on the 360 which is a shame, in fact the watch even goes as far to dwarf the strap it comes with!

Despite a it's thickness this is still one of the nicest smart watches I've seen. Compared to the competition it looks close enough to a real watch with a flare of future and style all rolled into one. It's probably worth nipping into a retail store and trying one on before committing just to make sure it's comfortable but otherwise this is a beautiful piece of tech.

Display/user interface

When I first saw some demonstrations of the Moto 360 I wondered how they were going to display material originally designed for a square screen. Was the user going to lose parts of their content? Would Motorola cram everything onto the circular screen and add borders? Well the truth is everything looks as though it was designed for the circular screen!

The screen is large enough to read text messages and Whatsapp messages comfortably. There was no loss of content and flicking through my messages felt natural.

When a notification comes through a small bar will appear at the bottom with a description of what the content contains. All you have to do is tap the notification and it will pop up on the 360’s display for you to read. Swiping up and down will allow you to scroll through the thread of messages, swiping from right to left will allow you to dismiss the message, reply via voice or pre-loaded text, or finally block the app from sending notifications to the watch. Swiping from left to right will take you back to the watch face where you can also dismiss notifications by swiping it down and away.

The whole experience is easy and intuitive and as I mentioned earlier everything fits nicely onto the screen. I even found myself reading my emails on the watch!

The display doesn’t stay on long enough for my liking which is a shame, but it also helps conserve battery life. One thing I found to help this issue (due to there being no screen timeout options) is if you push and hold the button on the side the display will remain active until you release the button.

Other Features

The 360 comes with a host of other features including a pedometer and heart rate monitor which may come in handy for fitness fanatics. Android Wear will give you the option on its settings to choose whichever fitness app you like to use to pair the watch with which helps users avoid having to use multiple applications. To be honest I can't really see the 360 being terribly handy when having a workout due to its extra size when compared to dedicated fitness wearables, but the extra features are handy to have.

It is also worth taking into account that this watch is water resistant with a rating of IP67. This is a pretty handy feature, especially when you consider earlier smartwatches didn’t have this making them a little more prone to drowning and water damage.

The 360 sports voice control allowing you to reply to text messages or tell it to do things such as taking a note. This is a pretty nifty feature, especially if you’re tied up at the time. I used mine while driving to take a note of something I had just remembered whereas usually by the time I would arrive at my destination I would have forgotten.

Giving voice commands is simple with just a quick flick of the wrist. Your display will power on at which point the user simply says ‘Ok Google’ which will activate voice commands. Say something along the lines of ‘make call’, or ‘Take note’, then speak the next part of your action. The 360 will then do what it needs to do and make your phone perform the action.

The voice commands may not be for everyone but the longer I used the 360 the more often I found myself using this feature.

Battery Life

So how long does the 360 last? When it first got released I heard awful things about its battery life and my first time usage seemed to match the horrid reports. Give the watch a few battery cycles before you give up on the device. After my first 3-4 charges the Moto 360 would give me a working day maximum battery which is pretty poor. After charging a few times however the battery has increased, not dramatically, but it will get me through a full day with a little power left over.

The question you have to ask is if you want to charge a watch every day or not? The charging dock that comes included is lovely. Simply drop the 360 into the cradle and it charges but also gives a display, making it the perfect companion for your bedside table! There’s no hassle having to attach any charging clips etc, it’s as easy as drop and charge.

Conclusion

So, does the 360 live up to my expectations? Yes it does! There are a few draw backs, like the battery life and thickness of the device, but apart from those small issues it’s an absolutely gorgeous piece of kit. It’s the kind of smartwatch that I don’t mind wearing, it’s comfortable and looks stylish unlike many that came before it.

If I didn’t already own a Pebble Steel then the 360 would be my smartwatch of choice.

For anyone who can get over the fact you have to give it a daily charge and who is looking for a new smartwatch then the Moto 360 is definitely worth considering. It’s stylish and functional, and out of every smartwatch I’ve used this far offers the best interaction with your notifications. It might be pricey but when you consider what you are getting it’s worth the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13