Profile for Shaun Dowdall > Reviews

Content by Shaun Dowdall
Top Reviewer Ranking: 515

Shaun Dowdall "Shaun Dowdall" (York, UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Uniway S220 High Resolution Bluetooth Headphones Heavy Bass Wireless Headphones Earbuds with Mic,foldable Earphones Portable Headsets for Travel,work,running Sports-Black
Offered by Soarpath

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and comfortable, although a little flat in the sound department, 25 July 2016
These headphones are great looking and are very comfortable to wear. They fit very nicely and the cushion on them means that they don't hurt my ears while also stopping sound from leaking out.

Pairing the headphones was easy, and once connected the bluetooth was reliable and consistent. I didn't experience any drops in the music or connection and the whole experience was great. You've also go the option to use the supplied AUX cable to hook up to older devices which is a nice addition.

The sound quality is good, although it's a little lacking in bass and sounds a little flat. However, at this price point the quality is as expected and I can't complain.

Comment Comment | Permalink

FLAGPOWER 2 in 1 Car Charger 5V 1A Wireless Magnetic Charging Adapter for Apple Watch and 5V 2.4A Smart USB Port for IOS or Android Device (Golden)
Offered by FLAGPOWER Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality and lets me keep my watch on at all times, 25 July 2016
This is a really well made bit of kit. It feels solid and the charge times for my Apple Watch are great.

I was a little worried that my Apple Watch would fall off while driving, but the magnet kept it secure at all times which is great.

The one big benefit is that I can now wear my Apple Watch at all times apart from when I'm driving. Normally I wouldn't get enough charge from it to wear while sleeping, but now keeping it on charge during my commute means I can wear it at night as well.

Comment Comment | Permalink

APIE Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers Portable Wireless Speakers (IP65 Water Resistant / Dustproof, 10 Hours Play Time, Built in Microphone)
Offered by APIE Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, looks great, sounds amazing, 18 July 2016
This is an awesome little speaker. Great quality audio, but also very rugged. It's a bit of a beast, but then what can you expect from something like this? Straight away to look at it looks great. A big chunky beast that reminds me of a G-Shock watch.

The fact that it's water resistant makes it a great partner for those who want music or calls on the go in situations where it's going to get duty, muddy, or just wet. The hard plastic is really easy to wipe clean, and because of its water resistance you don't need to worry about it getting damaged.

I found that the bluetooth connection was very reliable, handling calls and audio without interruption.

The device itself has most controls you could need built in, so you can control your music and calls without having to take your phone out. It also has a screw on the bottom so you can mount this on a tripod which is a nice little feature.

Despite its size and ruggedness this thing also delivers fantastic sound quality. The audio was great and it handled a fantastic range, including delivering great bass.

All in all this is a superb speaker.

Comment Comment | Permalink

ANTSIR Android 5.1 TV Box Rockchip 3368 Octa Core 64bit 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 1080P 4K WIFI HDMI Smart Bluetooth 4.0 KODI 15.2 Fully Loaded Streaming Media Player
Offered by UK-Bonjour

4.0 out of 5 stars A good device, but lacks some extra ports considering the size and price, 18 July 2016
This TV Box is a good size and has a nice bit of weight behind it. It feels sturdy and solid, and the combination of glossy plastic around the sides and matte on the top works well. Oddly, despite this being a little more expensive than some of the other devices I've used, it has less ports. On the back we have optical, AV, HDMI, ethernet, and two full sized USB's. On the side we've got a full sized SD card slot. Considering a lot of other devices that are a little cheaper than this one have more USB ports and different memory card slots, this is a little disappointing.

The software worked very well. I plugged this in via HDMI and turned it on, and within seconds the device was ready to use. The overall experience is very good, and the options are easy to navigate unlike some Android TV boxes I've used. All the apps fit to the screen and worked perfectly with the remote. The remote is pretty small and compact, with a curved finish which looks more modern than most of the blocky remotes these things normally come with.

Picture quality is top class and it doesn't feel like I'm using a mobile phone in box format. Everything displayed perfectly on my screen, and I really can't complain about the quality.

For the price this is an awesome Android TV box. It does everything you could need it to and comes with most of the media apps you'll need installed including Kodi.

Please note, I was sent this in exchange for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

ANTSIR Android TV Box 1080P Version Amlogic S905 Quad Core Cortex A53 Kodi 16.1 Full Loaded Android 5.1 Lollipop OS 1G/8G 4K Google Streaming Media Players with WiFi and Dual USB Port
Offered by UK-Bonjour

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny little Android box, 18 July 2016
This is a great little Android TV box. It's small and compact, and very light weight. Build quality is great and it won't look out of place with your TV. In fact, this thing is absolutely tiny, especially compared to other boxes. It's by far the smallest I've used, but it doesn't affect performance, nor does the box have any issues with heating.

On the side are two full size USB ports and a memory card slot, on the back is HDMI, ethernet, and AV port.

The software worked very well. I plugged this in via HDMI and turned it on, and within seconds the device was ready to use. The overall experience is very good, and the options are easy to navigate unlike some Android TV boxes I've used. All the apps fit to the screen and worked perfectly with the remote. Speaking of the remote, it looks better than others, with its curved finish. A lot of them look pretty old fashioned and blocky.

Please note, I was sent this in exchange for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Zoweetek® ZW-PPT01 PowerPoint Clicker RF 2.4GHz Air Mouse PPT Remote Control Range 15 Meters with Red Laser Pointer
Offered by Zoweetek.,Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect companion for those who deliver lots of presentations, 14 July 2016
This is a nifty little device and the perfect companion for those who deliver regular presentations. The combination of mouse and laser pointer is an absolutely great pairing as it allows for you to control your presentation while also using the pointer to direct your audience to certain aspects.

The device comes with the adapter in the battery compartment which is great as it reduces the risk of you losing it. Taking the adapter and plugging it into one of the USB ports on my laptop got the device and my laptop paired up almost instantly. There was no awful set up process.

I found the range to be acceptable. It's ideal for a small room, but it's worth bearing in mind that the range is around 15 meters, so for larger audiences or rooms where you have freedom to walk around, consider this range.

The connection remained consistent throughout my use and I didn't find any occasions where it dropped out.

This is a really nice little product. If you have to deliver a lot of presentations, then this really could be the perfect companion for you.

Please note, I was sent this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

Jeecoo DZAT-DR20 Noise Isolating Earphones in Ear Headphones with Microphone Stereo Metal Earbuds for iPhone/Samsung
Offered by JEECOO UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but lacking in some departments, 14 July 2016
These are smart looking and stylish headphones. I really like the look and feel of them, and found them to be very comfortable to wear.

Sound quality is pretty good, although they are lacking in bass. Apart from this however the audio was clear and maintained quality even at the louder volumes.

One thing they could do with is potentially more controls for volume etc on the actual headphones. Most things have to be controlled from your MP3 device which can be a bit of a pain.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2016 7:54 AM BST

Seneo Fast Wireless Charger Quick Charge 2.0 Fast Charging QI Wireless Stand for Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy Note 5, Compatible with all Standard Qi-enabled Devices
Offered by Xintop

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid, well built charger, 14 July 2016
This is a nice, well made, compact little wireless charger. It's actually surprisingly heavy, which is good as it means it won't be knocked over quite as easily as some other chargers. It feels very solid, and with it being just one piece with no flip mechanisms etc, it will most likely last longer.

The device will light up when you've placed your phone on charge to show it is actually charging. This is a nice feature as it will help you to avoid those irritating times when you drop your phone onto charge, only to come back later and find it's flat.

Charging times are good, but make sure you use a good mains plug and cable, otherwise the device won't be able to draw enough power. Ideally the plug and cable that came with your phone is the one you want.

All in all this is a nice wireless charger. I prefer it over the flat disc styles as it allows you to view your phone even when it's on charge. If you're watching media for example, you can charge and watch at the same time.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Wireless Charger, YCCTEAM 3 Coils Wireless Phone Charger Station Powermat for Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge S6 Edge Plus Note5,Nexus4 5 6 7, HTC 8X/Droid DNA and All Qi-Enabled Devices
Offered by YCCTEAM

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice style and good charge times, 14 July 2016
This is a nice, well made, compact little wireless charger. I really like the matte finish, which has a rubbery texture that helps to ensure your phone won't slide off if knocked. The little flip stand is also handy, allowing you to fold this up and tuck it away when it's no longer in use.

The device will light up different colours if you haven't positioned your phone correctly, or if it's not charging for any reason. This is a nice feature as it will help you to avoid those irritating times when you drop your phone onto charge, only to come back later and find it's flat.

Comment Comment | Permalink

KINGFOM™ 18''x14'' Large Rectangle PU Leather A3 Desk Mat with Paper Clip (Brown)
Offered by Kingfom

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit, 14 July 2016
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this product. Although I do a lot of writing, I'll often do it at my desk. Until getting this, I didn't really feel a need for this sort of product.

Once I received it I was surprised by how much I used it. At my desk it is comfortable to write on, especially if I only use one sheet of paper at a time for any reason. It also frees up where I can write. I've now found myself using this as a sort of portable table downstairs in our living room, and also outside. Theres a long clip along the top which help to keep my papers organised, especially handy if I'm outside and it gets a little windy.

It feels well built and is very sturdy. I did find that if I propped it up length ways it would have a little flex, but having in a landscape orientation was perfectly fine, and also it was large enough for my paper this way anyway.

It's one of those products that I didn't think I'd need, but now I have it, I use it a lot of the time. Definitely worthwhile for anyone out there who still enjoys writing by hand!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20